NBA

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Message
Author
User avatar
SR
Posts: 6719
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NBA

#4781 Post by SR » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:05 am

:lol: yeah, or he ends up in NY :lolol:

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6719
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NBA

#4782 Post by SR » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:01 am

Fuckin Portland next :balls:

User avatar
guysmiley
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm
Location: PDX/Fukuoka Japan

Re: NBA

#4783 Post by guysmiley » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:10 am

:wave:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4784 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 am

We have the Knicks this afternoon.

A link with the "city edition" jerseys.

My faves are Timberwolves and 76ers. I think the Toronto one is boring. The Jazz city uniform reminds me of a Tequila Sunrise cocktail. :lol:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/11/9 ... ed-2018-19


Image

clickie
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: NBA

#4785 Post by clickie » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:22 pm

The brightest spot for the the bulls so far in their injury plague'd start of the season has been Wendell Carter jr. He only plays like thirty
minutes a game because he's still a teenager but I think he's one of those guys that the game naturally comes easy to. Both on offense and defense.
He's usually in the right spot on the court before things play out.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 7320
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: NBA

#4786 Post by kv » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:27 pm

:wiggle:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4787 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:44 am

What do you guys think of the Jimmy Butler trade to the 76ers? Do you think he's worth trading Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless, and a future pick to the Minnesota Timberwolves ?

For me, it's premature to speculate on how the east will shift with Butler in the mix. I guess it depends on how he fits with the team and how coachable and willing he is to step up in a leadership role.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6719
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NBA

#4788 Post by SR » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:43 am

I heard he banged KAT's gf. As far as the x's and o's go, I think he'll fit in well with Embiid...but I don't see them getting along....still makes me worried, but I don't think Butler is a finisher :noclue:

clickie
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: NBA

#4789 Post by clickie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:51 am

Butler never wanted to leave the bulls. That's the thing that put the chip on his shoulder in the first place. He handled being traded like a bitch
He's not particularly flashy or creative, more like a lunch pail type of player who shows up and does his job.
His shooting percentage isn't that great but he can defend any teams top scorer. Philly seems a good fit for him.

clickie
Posts: 2628
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: NBA

#4790 Post by clickie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 am

SR wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:43 am
I don't think Butler is a finisher :noclue:
He's gotten pretty great in the 4th quarter

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6719
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NBA

#4791 Post by SR » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:52 am

guysmiley wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:10 am
:wave:
:banghead:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4792 Post by Artemis » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:30 pm

oh well, guess we're not going 81-1. :lol:

Pelicans were really good tonight. Raptors missed lots of shots they normally get.

CJ miles is injured AGAIN! This guy is so overrated, imo. He and Norman Powell are the weak links of the team.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6719
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NBA

#4793 Post by SR » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:43 am

Friday :banghead: Hayward needs to earn his job coming off the bench. :nod:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4794 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 am

Two losses in a row for us...hope it's not 3 in Boston tomorrow night! :scared:

Sweet win for Dwayne Casey last night...first game back in the "6" since he was fired from the Raptors.

Juana
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: NBA

#4795 Post by Juana » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 am

Meanwhile Bronny Drama was back to being Bronny Drama last night

User avatar
crater
Posts: 1092
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Bear Island
Contact:

Re: NBA

#4796 Post by crater » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Image

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4797 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm

It's on, SR! :box:

#LetsGoRaptors

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4798 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:16 am

Artemis wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm
It's on, SR! :box:

#LetsGoRaptors

Excellent game, SR! :tiphat:

Some shitty calls by the refs near the end. Like when OG Anunoby was slammed to the grand, no call?? :no:
Van Vleet wasn't playing well last night and Lowry wasn't in top form either. JV didn't fare well with Baynes. I think his stupid man-bun threw JV off. Too many fouls too. Hopefully this little slump passes soon.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 6719
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NBA

#4799 Post by SR » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:47 am

Artemis wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:16 am
Artemis wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm
It's on, SR! :box:

#LetsGoRaptors

Excellent game, SR! :tiphat:

Some shitty calls by the refs near the end. Like when OG Anunoby was slammed to the grand, no call?? :no:
Van Vleet wasn't playing well last night and Lowry wasn't in top form either. Too many fouls too. Hopefully this little slump passes soon.
:lol: , Yeah....the refs are the worst part of the NBA. Kyrie is a victim too. He gets zero calls going downhill at the rim (all year long). By far our most exciting game of the year. I can't believe Brad is still going with Gordon...the first hitch in his coaching other than some confusion a couple of years ago in the playoffs. The east is a lot of fun this year. :rockon:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 8654
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: NBA

#4800 Post by Artemis » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:32 pm

SR wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:47 am
Artemis wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:16 am
Artemis wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:17 pm
It's on, SR! :box:

#LetsGoRaptors

Excellent game, SR! :tiphat:

Some shitty calls by the refs near the end. Like when OG Anunoby was slammed to the grand, no call?? :no:
Van Vleet wasn't playing well last night and Lowry wasn't in top form either. Too many fouls too. Hopefully this little slump passes soon.
:lol: , Yeah....the refs are the worst part of the NBA. Kyrie is a victim too. He gets zero calls going downhill at the rim (all year long). By far our most exciting game of the year. I can't believe Brad is still going with Gordon...the first hitch in his coaching other than some confusion a couple of years ago in the playoffs. The east is a lot of fun this year. :rockon:
Yes, most definitely! I can't wait to go the game in Feb. with the Cs.

Post Reply