Movember

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
wally

Movember

#1 Post by wally » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:22 pm

hey dudes,

It’s Moustache Season and I’m growing a fine moustache for Movember! Please support my growing efforts and the 33,000 men who will die of prostate cancer and the nearly 8,300 men who will be diagnosed with testicular cancer this year. Thank you http://mobro.co/wallyD
Im currently looking for sponsors, or you could join a team and get your own 'stache on. (aintnoright team?)

The balls you help save could be your own.(except for artemis and perkana)

Thank you gentlemen, and ladies!

about Movember
http://us.movember.com/about/
:tiphat: Image

Artemis

Re: Movember

#2 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Although I am not a fan of the moustache, I think I can tolerate one for a good cause. :thumb:

Juana

#3 Post by Juana » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Having just gone thru losing my lefty as well as the http://tcrc.acor.org/rplnd.html surgery after it this past summer I have been growing a beard for mo-vember and out of laziness. This may sound preachy but do your self checks people. I posted pics of the surgery and the healing of the RPLND and its not fun.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#4 Post by Hokahey » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Funny. I shaved my beard for the first time in years yesterday (I usually keep it trimmed pretty short though). I shaved so my makeup for my halloween costume (need to post a pic) would apply better. I feel like I'm 5 years old and/or completely naked. I've had some sort of facial hair since I was a teenager. Over half my life. It's like cutting your nose off in terms of how you think you look.

wally

#5 Post by wally » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 am

Day 1, who could even tell at this point? Probably a good thing since I have to go to court tomorrow.

Juana, Sorry to hear man, I'll be thinking of you as I grow out my 'stache.

Hoka, I know what you mean, I just went clean shaven for the first time since I was able to grow facial hair. Feels like looking at someone else in the mirror.

btw, I'm looking for style suggestions if anyone has any. :noclue:

Juana

#6 Post by Juana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:48 pm

"Hoka says, have you seen my beard around? I feel naked with out it....."

Juana

#7 Post by Juana » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:49 pm

Wally it is what it is, people in life have been dealt shittier hands than I. Started a toy drive because of this so some good came out of it and it looks like I will just need monitoring the rest of my days so I'm lucky.