Live shows in your agenda?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction

Re: Live shows in your agenda?

Postby SR » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 pm

I don’t even look for arena shows anymore. I seek gems at small venues that pop up periodically like questlove and Saul Williams at echoplex last week. :rockon:
SR

Postby farrellgirl99 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:18 pm

SR wrote:I don’t even look for arena shows anymore. I seek gems at small venues that pop up periodically like questlove and Saul Williams at echoplex last week. :rockon:

LOVE saul williams. with questlove sounds awesome
farrellgirl99

Postby SR » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 pm

:cool:
SR

Postby parklife03 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:02 am

My upcoming international shows (in Argentina):

March

Primal Scream
Foo Fighters + Queens of the Stone Age
Liam Gallagher
Red Fang
Pearl Jam + LCD Soundsystem + David Byrne + Volbeat (Lollapalooza Buenos Aires, day 3)
Depeche Mode

April

Radiohead

May

Steven Wilson

...and maybe Roger Waters and Ozzy Osbourne, but don't know yet.
parklife03

Postby tvrec » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Power Trip (Jan)
Typhoon (Feb)
Bahamas '' "
Sean Rowe " "
X & Mike Watt (March)
Lucy Dacus " "
Avett Bros. (June)
tvrec

Postby tvrec » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:37 pm

parklife03 wrote:My upcoming international shows (in Argentina):

...and maybe Roger Waters and Ozzy Osbourne, but don't know yet.

Roger Waters is a must in my book if you've never seen him before, especially now with the bar on spectacle raised so high for his gigs.
tvrec

Postby Artemis » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am

Booked a few more shows this week...
The Breeders
David Byrne
Charlotte Day Wilson

Upon the recommendation of tvrec, I think I'll get tickets for Lucy Dacus in April. How can I not when the tickets are only $13.50?
I will probably get tix for Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in Feb. The new album is quite good, I think.
Artemis

Postby farrellgirl99 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 am

sleigh bells on tuesday in a 250 capacity venue :rockon:

one of my fave bands to see live, can't wait
farrellgirl99

Postby Artemis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Wow, I wonder how this will work?? I haven't been to a show where phones and other devices have to placed in a Yondr(whatis it??) pouch.
Jack White:

Please note PLEASE NOTE: this is a PHONE-FREE show. No photos, video or audio recording devices allowed. We think you'll enjoy looking up from your gadgets for a little while and experience music and our shared love of it IN PERSON. Upon arrival at the venue, all phones and other photo or video-capturing gizmos will be secured in a Yondr pouch that will be unlocked at the end of the show. You keep your pouch-secured phone on you during the show and, if needed, can unlock your phone at any time in a designated Yondr Phone Zone located in the lobby or concourse. For those looking to do some social media postings, let us help you with that. Our official tour photographer will be posting photos and videos after the show at jackwhiteiii.com and the new Jack White Live Instagram account @officialjackwhitelive. Repost our photos & videos as much as you want and enjoy a phone-free, 100% human experience.
Artemis

Postby Larry B. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:52 pm

I kinda hope it works. It wouldn't surprise me if someone sued them for theft or 'property kidnap' or 'restriction of freedom of communication' or any other shitty, all-American reason.
Larry B.

Postby Pandemonium » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Larry B. wrote:I kinda hope it works. It wouldn't surprise me if someone sued them for theft or 'property kidnap' or 'restriction of freedom of communication' or any other shitty, all-American reason.

It was used at the recent Misfits show at the LA Forum. If you need to use your phone, you have to go to areas in the lobby. More bands are getting sold on the idea not just because it's annoying for the band and many in the audience for obvious reasons, but because cell/camera tech is so good these days, Youtube vids takeaway potential revenue from possible official live video releases, not to mention capturing embarrasing moments or outright shitty performances. Even places like courts and a few movie theater chains are utilizing Yondr. It's not 100% effective, some people manage to get their phones out of the pouch (which is pretty expensive) or simply hide their cell phones like the good ol' days when bootleggers smuggled in recorders in their crotch.
Pandemonium

Postby Artemis » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:24 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:I kinda hope it works. It wouldn't surprise me if someone sued them for theft or 'property kidnap' or 'restriction of freedom of communication' or any other shitty, all-American reason.

It was used at the recent Misfits show at the LA Forum. If you need to use your phone, you have to go to areas in the lobby. More bands are getting sold on the idea not just because it's annoying for the band and many in the audience for obvious reasons, but because cell/camera tech is so good these days, Youtube vids takeaway potential revenue from possible official live video releases, not to mention capturing embarrasing moments or outright shitty performances. Even places like courts and a few movie theater chains are utilizing Yondr. It's not 100% effective, some people manage to get their phones out of the pouch (which is pretty expensive) or simply hide their cell phones like the good ol' days when bootleggers smuggled in recorders in their crotch.

:tiphat: Thanks for that info!

I found this youtube review of YONDR from a couple of days ago...

I like the idea of Yondr but am thinking entry and exit will be really slowed down. I'll find out in June when I go to the Jack White show at the Budweiser Stage. I managed to snag a couple of lawn tickets on the pre-sale this morning. The price was pretty good- 2 tickets including service fees was $92. Also, each online ticket inlcudes a CD copy of Boarding House Reach.
Artemis

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion