No More Signatures

Updates, suggestions, comments related to the site/board
Jasper

Re: No More Signatures

#21 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:12 pm

creep wrote:
Jasper wrote: Then Larry's hilarious quote about "Do you guys use salt on your roads?" in the Northeast, where we're routinely buried under many feet of snow for 1/3 of the year. I liked that one too. :crying:
i didn't understand the humor in that. i thought it was a fair question. from what little i know some cities use something else besides salt because salt fucks up dogs feet or something.

so...do you guys use salt on your roads?

and...if you want a signature type it out on every post.
:blah:

Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE. :no: Don't be so obtuse. Larry was acting high and mighty, expressing how he couldn't understand why pathetic Americans had a hard time with a little snow (this was during major blizzards which lead to numerous fatalities, closed highways, collapsed roofs, etc.) because it was no big deal to awesome Chileans like himself. Larry showed a photo of a light dusting of snow in his area in an effort to illustrate how people in his area suffered such intense winters without any trouble. Larry's question sprang from the discussion, where people were patiently trying to explain to him what blizzards mean in the Northern U.S.

Salt is used as a blanket term for road-melting chemicals. Larry's question was if we used any such thing on our streets, which was hilarious, and made his smug attitude about Chilean's snow-handling prowess all the more comedic.

The end.

creep
Site Admin

#22 Post by creep » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Jasper wrote:
creep wrote:
Jasper wrote: Then Larry's hilarious quote about "Do you guys use salt on your roads?" in the Northeast, where we're routinely buried under many feet of snow for 1/3 of the year. I liked that one too. :crying:
i didn't understand the humor in that. i thought it was a fair question. from what little i know some cities use something else besides salt because salt fucks up dogs feet or something.

so...do you guys use salt on your roads?

and...if you want a signature type it out on every post.
:blah:

Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE. :no: Don't be so obtuse. Larry was acting high and mighty, expressing how he couldn't understand why pathetic Americans had a hard time with a little snow (this was during major blizzards which lead to numerous fatalities, closed highways, collapsed roofs, etc.) because it was no big deal to awesome Chileans like himself. Larry showed a photo of a light dusting of snow in his area in an effort to illustrate how people in his area suffered such intense winters without any trouble. Larry's question sprang from the discussion, where people were patiently trying to explain to him what blizzards mean in the Northern U.S.

Salt is used as a blanket term for road-melting chemicals. Larry's question was if we used any such thing on our streets, which was hilarious, and made his smug attitude about Chilean's snow-handling prowess all the more comedic.

The end.
you still didn't answer the question.

Jasper

#23 Post by Jasper » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Yes, we use salt on our roads, mountains of salt, among other chemicals, including pre-treatments put down before snow/sleet/hail occurs. Alas, there is only so much that can be done before the snow bends you over and reams you hard.

nausearockpig

#24 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:31 pm

I feel oppressed if the ability, nay, THE RIGHT to choose to use a signature is removed from my list of basic human rights.

I like the sigs and use the same one across all forums

I suggest that a compromise be reached where they are text only and are limited to a "reasonable" character count.

Larry B.

#25 Post by Larry B. » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 pm

If Hyperbolic's hilarious signature was the main reason why Creep and/or Hoka decided to get rid of signatures, then Jasper should be kicked in the balls.