Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Hype

Re: Presidential debates: Sept 26, Oct 9, Oct 19

#76 Post by Hype » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Aleppo is dog food...

Pandemonium

#77 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54 pm

SR wrote:Those who have already rsvp'd to the Clinton bash are absolutely meaningless and are embracing increasingly rising levels of cognitive dissonance. I think they are completely missing the point here. I think she's in trouble.
It's kind of fascinating to read the post-debate opinions on various boards I hang out on. The people who are pretty hardcore for either candidate are gleefully claiming their pick trounced the other. I watched about half an hour's worth before I told my wife let's go out to dinner. Sure enough, normally busy restaurants were empty. If they'd made this a PPV event, they could have paid off the National debt.

mockbee

#78 Post by mockbee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:07 pm

I didn't watch it.

It doesn't sound like I missed much.

Maybe it would have been good to watch for posterity.

:noclue:

JOEinPHX

#79 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Trump got absolutely slayed tonight.

I couldn't stop laughing at his sniffling and how he TRIED to start off sounding somber and mellow, but as soon as anything was said about his abilities he would just start yelling over Hillary AND the moderator.

Totally unhinged. That guy spoke in circles about absolutely nothing relating to the questions he was asked.

What a meltdown. That was glorious.

creep
Site Admin

#80 Post by creep » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:24 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Trump got absolutely slayed tonight.

I couldn't stop laughing at his sniffling and how he TRIED to start off sounding somber and mellow, but as soon as anything was said about his abilities he would just start yelling over Hillary AND the moderator.

Totally unhinged. That guy spoke in circles about absolutely nothing relating to the questions he was asked.

i don't think we watched the same debate

JOEinPHX

#81 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:32 pm

So you're saying that his rambling incoherent babble, yelling over the moderator and Clinton while they were talking, were winning moves in your book?

What about when he kept yelling "WRONG!" and "I NEVER SAID THAT!" about quotes he absolutely is on tape saying? Were those the winning moves?

What about when he was chewing on his own cheeks and sucking down glass after glass of water because he was frustrated that he was being called out for being a shitty businessman, racist, and tax cheat? Were those the winning moves?

China, Mexico, Immigration, Oh my! America sucks! Murder! Emails! Lions and Tigers and Bears!

The guy literally did not study up on the issues and brought nothing to the table that could be considered a sentence, let alone a rational thought or a political policy.

Meanwhile, Hillary stood there poised and calm and laughed at his stupidity all night.

But Trump won? Yeah, I definitely think we watched different debates.

creep
Site Admin

#82 Post by creep » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:39 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:So you're saying that his rambling incoherent babble, yelling over the moderator and Clinton while they were talking, were winning moves in your book?

What about when he kept yelling "WRONG!" and "I NEVER SAID THAT!" about quotes he absolutely is on tape saying? Were those the winning moves?

What about when he was chewing on his own cheeks and sucking down glass after glass of water because he was frustrated that he was being called out for being a shitty businessman, racist, and tax cheat? Were those the winning moves?

China, Mexico, Immigration, Oh my! America sucks! Murder! Emails! Lions and Tigers and Bears!

The guy literally did not study up on the issues and brought nothing to the table that could be considered a sentence, let alone a rational thought or a political policy.

Meanwhile, Hillary stood there poised and calm and laughed at his stupidity all night.

But Trump won? Yeah, I definitely think we watched different debates.
i didn't say trump won.

i also thought hillary won. i just thought it was close.

guysmiley

#83 Post by guysmiley » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:16 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:let's get gary johnson in there.
"What's an Aleppo?"
Yeah, that was bad. :confused:

guysmiley

#84 Post by guysmiley » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 pm

I don't have much faith in the general public. :neutral: Just more of a spectacle to watch.

SR

#85 Post by SR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:07 am

Pandemonium wrote:
SR wrote:Those who have already rsvp'd to the Clinton bash are absolutely meaningless and are embracing increasingly rising levels of cognitive dissonance. I think they are completely missing the point here. I think she's in trouble.
It's kind of fascinating to read the post-debate opinions on various boards I hang out on. The people who are pretty hardcore for either candidate are gleefully claiming their pick trounced the other. I watched about half an hour's worth before I told my wife let's go out to dinner. Sure enough, normally busy restaurants were empty. If they'd made this a PPV event, they could have paid off the National debt.
:lol: My wife ordered pizza....I overheard her say something like...'that's fine; I'll pick it up'. I asked and she said they had a 2 hour delivery window. Just like Oscar night in LA.....restaurant ghost towns.

I am pretty hardcore anything but Trump, and if asked 'who won' on an objective level I'd reply honestly Hill did, but I don't watch these debates like that at all. I spent about 20 minutes post debate checking social media and as you might suspect most of my friends out there are leftys'. Most replied like 67.....a lot of fun was made of Trump which I engaged but I mentioned I thought Hill was in trouble and got crickets in response. Would love to be wrong, but I have very little faith in a very large population of dangerous people in this country who've found their voice. That with a large number of other factors that Hill brings to the table really concern me.

SR

#86 Post by SR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:27 am

This poly sci proff is closer to my assessment, but I'd give the morlock a few more points....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 31901.html

Pandemonium

#87 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:46 am

SR wrote:This poly sci proff is closer to my assessment, but I'd give the morlock a few more points....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 31901.html
"The Morlock..." Heh heh.

SR

#88 Post by SR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:54 am

I was thinking moron/warlock hybrid but I learned something there :thumb:

Pandemonium

#89 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:55 am

A couple'a chuckles here:

chaos

#90 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:19 am

Trump has been victimized once again. :lol:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-p ... ve-n655236

"My mic was defective within the room," Trump told reporters.

He added: "I wonder ... Was that on purpose? Was that on purpose?"

SR

#91 Post by SR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:28 am

Hill's showing modest spikes compared to yesterday pre-debate numbers.

Hope I continue to be wrong here. :rockon:

Juana

#92 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:27 pm

SR wrote:Trump has kissed women, millennials, minorities, and status quo moderates good-bye a long time ago. It doesn't matter if he continues to alienate them. Not one bit. His goal is to continue to solidify his rabid base and win new Waco nuts who would never normally vote anyways. He did very well to that end.....and she did better. Her deep policy driven rhetoric just screams More of the Same to people who either can't or wont look at rather complicated particulars in foreign and domestic policy; they see more bloodshed and Muslim names.

Those who have already rsvp'd to the Clinton bash are absolutely meaningless and are embracing increasingly rising levels of cognitive dissonance. I think they are completely missing the point here. I think she's in trouble.
People said the same when Mittens won the debate over Barry by what 40+ points? I'm not saying ole Mango doesn't have a shot over Cruela but Mango seemed unprepared and clueless.

SR

#93 Post by SR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Looks like it's just me and Michael in the padded room.... :banana:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/moore-sc ... ast-night/

Juana

#94 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 pm

SR wrote:Looks like it's just me and Michael in the padded room.... :banana:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/moore-sc ... ast-night/
I agree BUT this is how it felt when Mittens and Barry first debated in 2012, but Trump is a threat and while I would rather Johnson, we're stuck with the reality star and the Neo-Con masked as a D... this is a shit show.

mockbee

#95 Post by mockbee » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:56 pm

creep wrote:

This is exactly the crux of the debate aftermath - the two campaigns - and really speaks directly to the crisis in this country and also to the world as a whole with it's populist inclinations heating up. There are two sides who see completely different realities playing out. And a big swath in the middle who don't give a damn either way.

To the Americans who are convinced that the politicians, the media, the government, the corporations, the banks, the HMOs, the academic institutions.... you name it, are not working for them and have not been working for them for a long time.

Trump essentially says, fuck all-yall!. And in their minds he wins. No need to bother with facts or rules or decorum or smarts or respect or analysis.

Now that isn't everybody in this country, but it is a big, big group we are talking about. And it's not just the racist, bigots we are talking about. It's a much, much bigger group. We'll see how big in November. :noclue:

SR

#96 Post by SR » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:42 am

mockbee wrote:
creep wrote:

Now that isn't everybody in this country, but it is a big, big group we are talking about. And it's not just the racist, bigots we are talking about. It's a much, much bigger group. We'll see how big in November. :noclue:
True, it's also the jingoistic, the misogynistic, the xenophobic, the homophobic, the gun adoring, the fascist, the anti education (see below), and the bud light loving. Beyond them, I don't know.....

mockbee

#97 Post by mockbee » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 am

People's heads are going to explode either way in a month here .........

Everyone in America will be thoroughly convinced that a majority of Americans are despicable, terrible, awful people.

How did it come to this?

A constant state of hyperbole has completely upended a shared sense of reality.

:scared:

chaos

#98 Post by chaos » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:28 am

42 minutes ago . . .

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... cast/#plus

Polls-plus forecast Clinton 64.8% Trump 35.2%

Polls-only forecast Clinton 67.2% Trump 32.8%

Now-cast Clinton 76.1% Trump 23.9%

S&M

#99 Post by S&M » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:24 pm

This election is seriously putting knots in my stomach...It doesn't help much that family and friends are so violently in the Trump camp :sad: ...Reading all the hateful post coming from people I actually really love on facebook is the hardest...trying my best to keep my cocksucker closed and quiet cuz there isn't really any point in arguing...They are set...Trump could say or do anything and they would still be for him :conf: ...This election isn't about who you are for...It's about who you are against...Super sad :sad: ...Praying hard and will be glad when it's over...Hope America steps up and realizes this isn't a game or reality show...It's really draining and kinda gives me a shitty outlook on society that we are even here!!!!…I'm kinda in a funk over the daily barrage of stupidity.....ugggggggh :wavesad:

perkana

#100 Post by perkana » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:08 am

I've only seen a couple of bits and pieces of the debate, but I think SNL skit was spot on...

P.S. Alec Baldwin as Trump :lol: