Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
drifter

Re: Post your Jane's / Jane's related buy

#551 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 pm

sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
just really want people to share what they have here, so positive encouragement might lead to seeing rare things people have
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know what alls out there
:boobs: peace
Last edited by drifter on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SR

#552 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:16 pm

drifter wrote:sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
just really want people to share what they have here, so positive encouragement might lead to seeing rare things people have
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know whats alls out there
:thumb: All good :tiphat:

drifter

#553 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:04 pm

SR wrote:
drifter wrote:sorry. Ive let kv get under my skin for a moment. this link is about ja and ja collectables.
if you have something cool in your closet in boxes, grab your cell phone an take a picture, love to know whats alls out there
so SR, sinse your so cheery, you gotta have SOMETHING to share

kv

#554 Post by kv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Janesaddiction.org is chuck full of all our stuff that's where it was all documented when we still cared...peruse the pages and images and you'll see many posters here attributed to that database...hell in all honesty it could be missing your bag you should send a link to Erik there

But by all means if it makes you happy continue to post whatever here :wiggle:

I would imagine at this point a lot of people's janes stuff is rotting in garages and in boxes put away... minus some posters and the like you have already seen...but janes.org has most almost everything we have..because that's where it was archived..from ticket stubs to t shirts..setlists...all the promos every period boot..what is known is on there...what isn't will not be drawn out by a thread..or even money the super rare isn't gonna come out unless you have super rare to trade for it.. trust me we have tried..for literally decades now

drifter

#555 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Ive shown stuff to erik to document but to my guessing, mikes health is important right now so he cant do it or erik has a load on his hands or maybe even disenchanted
Last edited by drifter on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creep
Site Admin

#556 Post by creep » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:30 pm

mike's health? what is going on with him?

kv

#557 Post by kv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:32 pm

I wish I could say I cared :lolol:

I'll see him in hell

creep
Site Admin

#558 Post by creep » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:38 pm

that's not nice. mike was fun at times when he would get drunk and fight with everyone.

no bigger fanboy back in the day. handsome mike.

SR

#559 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:03 pm

drifter wrote:
SR wrote:
so SR, sinse your so cheery, you gotta have SOMETHING to share
I got nothing. I don't even own all of Jane's albums. :nod:

SR

#560 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Yeah, Mike struggles. I get that. I've never noticed a mean bone in the guy.

SR

#561 Post by SR » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:05 pm

drifter wrote:Ive shown stuff to erik to document but to my guessing, mikes health is important right now so he cant do it or erik has a load on his hands or maybe even disenchanted
Elaborate?

drifter

#562 Post by drifter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:11 pm

drifter

rum jungle mandaly bay las vegas

#563 Post by drifter » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:46 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
drifter wrote:cool signature matz, you should tell your story on getting this. im sure it was interesting an means a lot to ya. ive bumped into him a couple times and it was always magical

i had a conundrum on getting this poster, which i did for $18, so wasn't sure whether perrys signature was real or the poster was real
if the posters a fake the guy did a lot of research to pick this date which happened Sunday, August 26, 2007, Meridian, Houston, TX or if its real it sucks he ruined this poster with his scribble. plus i cant find any mention on the 'special' band MINK anywhere
When I was at Lollapalooza that summer, Perry hopped up on a table in the middle of nowhere in the park and did a couple songs with 1 or 2 members of the band Mink on guitar. That band did indeed open their shows for the summer.
kv wrote:Imagine how lowly of a forger you'd have to be to try making a living off sat party posters...ita real with a probably real perry sig
ok kv, hopefully most on this panel could help detect fakes
got this pass for possibly daves first solo show which is not documented on the org. site

http://clubzone.com/places/rum-jungle-las-vegas/
the rum jungle is here in las Vegas at the Mandalay bay
i went to the public library hitting the las vegas paper 2001 archives this Wednesday trying to discover weather this was a one off rare show or just not documented or didn't happen
so would love yalls help of this night june 13th, 2001

drifter

Re: rum jungle mandaly bay las vegas

#564 Post by drifter » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:05 pm

I asked the person I got this from, thoses from Massachusetts the providence of this pass an they said'
"Hello and thank you for your question. A friend of mine who has since moved to TN was a huge music and movie fan and had many friends in the music and movie industry and he either got this back stage pass from a person inviting him to the concert or it was for a special engagement Feature. Not exactly sure. But, He went to every concert and movie and special invites when ever they were held."
So im still researching could this be daves first solo gig for rexall

drifter

#565 Post by drifter » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:16 pm

got this disc couple years ago. this disc has thousands of pics

Hokahey
Site Admin

#566 Post by Hokahey » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:29 pm

SR wrote:Yeah, Mike struggles. I get that. I've never noticed a mean bone in the guy.
He, along with Erik, were always GIANT dicks to me when ANR took off and Etty and Perry were giving me attention. And when I sold the site and all my stuff they could not insert themselves up her ass quickly enough to fill the void, all while continuing to mother fuck me and refusing to hear that maybe...just maybe...I did it because Etty was such a vile individual.

So in general, fuck Mike. And Erik. Sycophants alike that put opportunity over being open minded and willing to hear someone out. People like that are just the worst. Sonny Tommy Harris isn't any better.

The likes of those people were the entire reason I started ANR. So those that refused to kiss their asses to avoid being banned or ganged up on by THEIR sycophants would have a place to go. Fuck them and their middle school cliques and holier than thou bullshit.

kv

#567 Post by kv » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:39 pm

But we had whores....nobody went to ain't no site....in fact the gentle core went to moths site for refuge :cool:

Krink

#568 Post by Krink » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:59 pm

what about JANESAW and "THE TREATMENT!!!"

Hokahey
Site Admin

#569 Post by Hokahey » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:18 pm

kv wrote:But we had whores....nobody went to ain't no site....in fact the gentle core went to moths site for refuge :cool:
Whores was like a 5 man circle jerk.

And just as clique-ish as 1% and Xiola but with rape jokes. :crazy:

It's like when the stoners rebel against conformity and cliques yet all dress alike and make fun of everyone. The irony was palpable.

No one remembers that Moth had a site. That's not even a footnote.

ANR had a solid core. Say what you will, but it's the name of the last standing community.

kv

#570 Post by kv » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Honestly dude...none of that is right...

And if you honestly think Sonny was as bad as mike and Erik I hereby nominate you for that group as well

Hokahey
Site Admin

#571 Post by Hokahey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:49 am

kv wrote:Honestly dude...none of that is right...

And if you honestly think Sonny was as bad as mike and Erik I hereby nominate you for that group as well
It's exactly right, and the very existence of the original ANR and to a lesser extent this one is proof positive. So nominate away. ANR was the ONLY board that didn't expect some weird allegiance to its ethos and or its creator. You don't remember shit because you weren't here.

creep
Site Admin

#572 Post by creep » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:55 am

Hokahey wrote:

It's exactly right, and the very existence of the original ANR and to a lesser extent this one is proof positive. So nominate away. ANR was the ONLY board that didn't expect some weird allegiance to its ethos and or its creator. You don't remember shit because you weren't here.
with 1% and xiola you always had to watch yourself so not to piss off the evil rulers. at whores you had to be one of the cool kids to get along there. anr was always a place where you didn't have to watch your back.

SR

#573 Post by SR » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:56 am

I've never participated anywhere nut ANR 1.0, Xiola, and ANR 2.0. I went to others including hello kitty and was appalled. It was wretched. Went to Erik's site few times, but the idolized rhetoric bored me.

All that maybe true hoka; I suppose I have been spared the politics of the region of boards. I did get the impression Mike was sick though.

SR

#574 Post by SR » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:58 am

drifter wrote:share
:hs:

Pandemonium

#575 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Sonny was obnoxious in his own way. The last year or two, he struck me as almost bi-polar. Having annual hissy fits and shutting down the board for a week at a time did him no favors. He'll always get big props for the Eric interview and aside from the meltdowns, imo he did manage Xiola pretty well during his time. Despite JA.org being a great resource on the band, Mike and Erik are cunts, plain and simple.