Secret Santa?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Secret Santa?

#1676 Post by Hokahey » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Sorry guys. Life has been absolutely hectic. Promotion at work, got engaged, having a baby, buying a house.... :lol:

Lots going on.

Best I could do. Sorry for crummy pic.

Thanks again for the amazing package! The gummies were super good. As was the beer. I hung the stocking with my others! Just one cool thing after another.

nausearockpig

#1677 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Aces Hoka!

How's that Old Spice going? :lolol:

blackula

#1678 Post by blackula » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Whoa....figured it out! That Nrp!

nausearockpig

#1679 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:28 pm

great stuff!

wally

#1680 Post by wally » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Artemis wrote: It's not like I sent him butt plugs and huge dildos. :lol:
anything's a dildo if you're brave enough.

great gifts everyone!
:thumb:

Pandemonium

#1681 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Great! I'm glad you like everything. Marmite is the UK equivalent to the Australian 'Vegemite'. Which Nausea hates. I love it on toast but never had it with chocolate! It's a yeast extract and has a very strong flavour. I had also sent you some Trooper beer with a commemorative glass but the fuckers returned it! I blame a Trump :lol:

It's actually a very nice beer.

Now I have to hunt it down... especially the glass.

Pandemonium

#1682 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:14 pm

blackula wrote:Thank you so much Pandemonium!!!!! You are generous AF, as the kids say. I'm trying to upload a picture but I can never figure out how. I got a mini Godzilla, a Perk and a Navarro instructional DVD and 3 LPs: Savages, Drenge and GGU!!! I actually dropped hints to my wife "wow, GGU is being released on vinyl". She didn't get it. Panda, you came through in ways my wife could not! Excited to hear Savages and Drenge, I've never heard them before. This is really awesome, thank you very much!
I'm glad you like the goodies. Buying the LPs was kind of a risk because I *think* I recalled you mentioning you had a turntable a few years ago in some thread.

SR

#1683 Post by SR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 am

All great gifts, but did I just read Hoka's still fertile? Oh shit....grats brave man :banana:

chaos

#1684 Post by chaos » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 am

Nice gifts! Thanks everyone for posting.

chaos

#1685 Post by chaos » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 am

Hoka - you need to start you own thread where you give us updates on your life. This annual dump just isn't going to cut it; we can't wait until the next Secret Santa rolls around to find out what is going on with you. :lol:

Oh, and congratulations! Image

farrellgirl99

#1686 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 pm

congrats hoka!

and does this mean not one, but two people this year got old spice deodorant? :lol:

nausearockpig

#1687 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:02 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:congrats hoka!

and does this mean not one, but two people this year got old spice deodorant? :lol:
If I remember, and my SS recipient next year is a bloke, I'm adding in a bottle of Old Spice. Maybe everyone should....

Artemis

#1688 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:50 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
I really laughed when I saw that you got wally Old Spice too. I almost chose the 'Swagger' but decided to go old school with the 'original' :lol:

Yes, congrats to Hoka! I new about engagement from Facebook but not the other stuff.

nausearockpig

#1689 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:12 pm

chaos wrote:Hoka - you need to start you own thread where you give us updates on your life. This annual dump just isn't going to cut it; we can't wait until the next Secret Santa rolls around to find out what is going on with you. :lol:

Oh, and congratulations! Image
Yeah and in next year's timely SS photos, you better fucking step up with pics of your kids opening the gifts fucker.....

Artemis

#1690 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:22 pm

nausearockpig wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:congrats hoka!

If I remember, and my SS recipient next year is a bloke, I'm adding in a bottle of Old Spice. Maybe everyone should....
Too bad there isn't a 'Lady Spice' line for the ANR gals. :lol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#1691 Post by Hokahey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks everyone! Both personally and professionally life has never been better. Sorry for the info dump. Life has been moving very quickly this year. I also don't tend to share much personal info these days, FB or otherwise. I more use FB as a photo album.

chaos

#1692 Post by chaos » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:37 am

blackula wrote:[
.... I got an email from an elf and was told Larry B's late gift will arrive tomorrow.
Larry?

Larry B.

#1693 Post by Larry B. » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey! Finally got around to picking up and opening my present! I have to say thank you so much to my Secret Santa, I really enjoyed my presents and the card in particular. There was something special in reading you as a real human being, beyond the screen.

That's the card (I was expecting it to be written in Spanish, but alas it was not to be), a kickass FNM show and a tape from my SS' own old band. Although my previous Secret Santa did send me a walkman, it wasn't on working condition, so this tape (along with those from the Belgian Papa Noel) will have to wait until cassettes make the same comeback vinyl is having now, so they actually start selling proper equipment.

And finally...

I liked the shirt, but my wife loved it... and since one has to pick his battles wisely, it's currently her favourite pajama-shirt. She was amazed it was an M, as it didn't fit me but it did fit her, and she's an S or sometimes even smaller... which made me wonder if you live in some sort of dwarf-area of town. Nothing wrong with that, by the way.

Seriously, Blackula: thank you for taking the time and effort and money to send those presents this way. Opening them made my day.

Much love to all :wave:

Pandemonium

#1694 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 pm

Speaking of your wife, Larry... how is she doing?

blackula

#1695 Post by blackula » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Larry B. wrote:Hey! Finally got around to picking up and opening my present! I have to say thank you so much to my Secret Santa, I really enjoyed my presents and the card in particular. There was something special in reading you as a real human being, beyond the screen.

That's the card (I was expecting it to be written in Spanish, but alas it was not to be), a kickass FNM show and a tape from my SS' own old band. Although my previous Secret Santa did send me a walkman, it wasn't on working condition, so this tape (along with those from the Belgian Papa Noel) will have to wait until cassettes make the same comeback vinyl is having now, so they actually start selling proper equipment.

And finally...

I liked the shirt, but my wife loved it... and since one has to pick his battles wisely, it's currently her favourite pajama-shirt. She was amazed it was an M, as it didn't fit me but it did fit her, and she's an S or sometimes even smaller... which made me wonder if you live in some sort of dwarf-area of town. Nothing wrong with that, by the way.

Seriously, Blackula: thank you for taking the time and effort and money to send those presents this way. Opening them made my day.

Much love to all :wave:
Awesome, so glad it made it to you!

farrellgirl99

#1696 Post by farrellgirl99 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Haha awesome Mr. Met shirt!

Bandit72

#1697 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:56 am

Yeh Larry, how is she now?

Does that conclude SS 2016? What a great effort made by everone :wiggle:

Mescal

#1698 Post by Mescal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:24 am

Larry B. wrote: That's the card (I was expecting it to be written in Spanish, but alas it was not to be), a kickass FNM show and a tape from my SS' own old band. Although my previous Secret Santa did send me a walkman, it wasn't on working condition, so this tape (along with those from the Belgian Papa Noel) will have to wait until cassettes make the same comeback vinyl is having now, so they actually start selling proper equipment.
God fucking dammit. I can't believe you're so out of touch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevange ... d6f1a31723

Larry B.

#1699 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 am

Mescal wrote:God fucking dammit. I can't believe you're so out of touch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevange ... d6f1a31723
Who the fuck reads forbes.com?
Pandemonium wrote:Speaking of your wife, Larry... how is she doing?
Bandit72 wrote:Yeh Larry, how is she now?
She's doing just fine, like nothing had ever happened. She just finished taking her vasodilators and on Friday she'll have an Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (known as Holter here); after that, at some point she'll have to undergo an MRI and check in with her neurologist. But she hasn't had any headaches, she has recovered the feeling in her face really close to 100% (so we think she'll actually get to 100%)... she just started working at the turn of the year and has had no problems so far - we'll see how she feels after the "work honeymoon period" is over, but fortunately things are currently looking good.

chaos

#1700 Post by chaos » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:02 am

Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Great news. :bigrin:
Love the shirt!