Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham duet album

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham duet album

#1 Post by chaos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Fleetwood Mac's Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham talk about making their first duet album

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... story.html

SR

Re: Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham duet album

#2 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Look forward to this. :rockon:

kv

#3 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Somewhere right now Stevie Nicks is weeping in a bathroom

kv

#4 Post by kv » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 pm

SR wrote:Look forward to this. :rockon:
They are old, all their fans are surely dead by now. :bigrin:

(Sorry I had to)

chaos

#5 Post by chaos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 pm

:lol:

SR

#6 Post by SR » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 pm

kv wrote:
SR wrote:Look forward to this. :rockon:
They are old, all their fans are surely dead by now. :bigrin:

(Sorry I had to)
:agree:

Good, small venues. Chargers 'l open for them. :boobs:

SR

#7 Post by SR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Soooo... :lol: .....Fleetwood Mac has a new guitarist, or two. The headline says they fired Lindsey, but who the fuck knows. How they could possibly do his songs without him is beyond me. Mike Campbell is a fine player and Neil Finn is a genius songwriter and great singer. The vox will likely be his responsibility. LB's voice though will be hard to replace. Mick Fleetwood was a complete joke the last two times I saw them (in the last few years). It was great to see the fairer McVie back.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/fl ... spartanntp

Pandemonium

#8 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:00 am

SR wrote:Soooo... :lol: .....Fleetwood Mac has a new guitarist, or two. The headline says they fired Lindsey, but who the fuck knows. How they could possibly do his songs without him is beyond me. Mike Campbell is a fine player and Neil Finn is a genius songwriter and great singer. The vox will likely be his responsibility. LB's voice though will be hard to replace. Mick Fleetwood was a complete joke the last two times I saw them (in the last few years). It was great to see the fairer McVie back.

With this line-up, they'll be playing theaters, not arenas the next time they tour. The last tour they did a couple years ago was a fine postscript for this band but you could see the writing on the wall when Stevie Nicks pissed around and wouldn't record with the rest of the band for a new album resulting in more or less the Buckingham/McVie album.

SR

#9 Post by SR » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:00 am

Pandemonium wrote:
SR wrote:Soooo... :lol: .....Fleetwood Mac has a new guitarist, or two. The headline says they fired Lindsey, but who the fuck knows. How they could possibly do his songs without him is beyond me. Mike Campbell is a fine player and Neil Finn is a genius songwriter and great singer. The vox will likely be his responsibility. LB's voice though will be hard to replace. Mick Fleetwood was a complete joke the last two times I saw them (in the last few years). It was great to see the fairer McVie back.

With this line-up, they'll be playing theaters, not arenas the next time they tour. The last tour they did a couple years ago was a fine postscript for this band but you could see the writing on the wall when Stevie Nicks pissed around and wouldn't record with the rest of the band for a new album resulting in more or less the Buckingham/McVie album.
That makes sense. I wouldn't think a fairly large percentage of their fans would see them now, but they might pick up a few hardcore Heartbreakers fans along the way. The last tour was a money grab, so this move still confuses me, and not just because of Lyndey's voice being so unique to his songs, but they have eliminated their primary songwriter and limited their revenue. The last two times I saw them Lyndsey was the showman as well. Stevie assumed the witch thing and did some slow triwls, but couldn't even keep 4/4 time with a tambourine. :lol:

SR

#10 Post by SR » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am

"The Mac is dead; Long live the Mac!" :lol: Really funny read on how the band puts the fun in dysfunction.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news ... am-w518935

SR

#11 Post by SR » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:52 am

Oh well, they're going for the big rooms....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/feat ... am-w519492

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:48 pm

SR wrote:Oh well, they're going for the big rooms....

Two nights at the LA Forum? Good luck. I wonder if they'll do any Bob Welch era tunes?

SR

#13 Post by SR » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 pm

It’s a really ambitious and long tour. I think likely to on Welch songs and surely the TP collaborations....stop draggin this band around, etc

SR

#14 Post by SR » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:18 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:48 pm
SR wrote:Oh well, they're going for the big rooms....

Two nights at the LA Forum? Good luck. I wonder if they'll do any Bob Welch era tunes?
They just added a third night a day after LB filed his lawsuit against all of them. :lol:

Apparently, Azoff got in touch with LB a couple of days after the Musicares show in NY and after a few calls informed him Nicks never wanted to be onstage with him again. She felt offended that he scoffed at her acceptance speach and railed aginst Rhiannon being their intro music. I went back and watched the SN speach and it confirmed what I have thought of her for years....she's a self absorbed idiot....all of the band members were scoffing at her :lol:

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:53 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lindsey-bu ... is-firing/

CBS NEWS December 8, 2018, 9:41 AM

Lindsey Buckingham settles suit with Fleetwood Mac, says Stevie Nicks is behind his firing

Even in a group notorious for turmoil, it came as a shock when earlier this year Fleetwood Mac fired Lindsey Buckingham, a key member of what many consider the band's classic lineup. Buckingham sued, and in his first television interview since being ousted, he revealed that he and the band have settled that lawsuit.

"I'm happy enough with it," Buckingham said. "I'm not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I'm trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom."

"It hurt for a while," he said. "I did walk around for a few months with a visceral reaction to that."

Buckingham has a 43-year history with Fleetwood Mac. He helped shape their classic sound and wrote some of their biggest hits. In January, the band was honored at the MusiCares Benefit Grammy weekend, but it would be Buckingham's last performance with Fleetwood Mac. Two days later, he heard from their manager.

"Irving Azoff called me up and he was basically screaming at me," Buckingham said. "He was screaming at me on the phone saying, 'You've really done it this time.' And I had no idea what he was talking about. He said, 'Stevie never wants to be on stage with you again,' and I'm going, 'Why?'"

In an interview with CBS News earlier this year, bandmates Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks blamed it on Buckingham's reluctance to sign off on a new tour. "This team wanted to get out on the road. And one of the members did not want to get out on the road for a year," Nicks said.

Buckingham insists he had agreed to postpone his own solo tour to join the band, but said Azoff told him Nicks didn't like his behavior at the MusiCares event. She complained that he had smirked behind her when she gave her acceptance speech.

"It appeared to me that she was looking for something to hang on me, in order to instigate some kind of coup. Irving told me a couple of days later that she'd given the band an ultimatum and either I had to go or she was going to go," Buckingham said.

Asked if he has any sense of why Nicks would have reached that point, Buckingham said, "I don't know. None of it makes sense to me, you know? Fleetwood Mac, the five of us together is in my mind, is a very sacred thing."

Buckingham and Nicks were a duo, professionally and romantically, when they joined Fleetwood Mac together in 1975. But they broke up during the recording of the landmark "Rumours" album. The song "Go Your Own Way" is about their breakup.

"I was not the one doing the leaving. She left me. But there was never really any chance to get anything like closure because that takes perhaps some distance," Buckingham said.

Buckingham described his relationship with Nicks as "fragmented," but he believes there's "still a lot of love there." Over the years, Buckingham said the two have spent time together outside of the band.

"In sort of spurts though, you know? In 2011 when I did my solo album, 'Seeds We Sow,' I spent a ton of time over at her house …and we got along great. I mean the chemistry is the chemistry," he said.

Buckingham also revealed that he hasn't spoken to any member of the band since his firing almost a year ago.

"I have had, only in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten an email, which I expected to get, from Christine McVie," he said. Buckingham and McVie recorded an album together last year and went on tour.

"She wrote me an email and basically said, 'Dearest Lindsey, just know that I had nothing to do with any of this. Know that I miss you so much.' She said, 'I believe deep in Stevie's heart that she would like you to come home,'" Buckingham said.

He believes it could mean Nicks may have already gotten over what happened earlier this year.

"That maybe, underneath everything, Stevie would like to see me back already, that maybe she feels ambivalent about what's going on. This could just be Christine expressing wishful thinking or expressing something she thinks will make me feel better," he said.

Buckingham said he's open to getting back with Fleetwood Mac but isn't expecting a reunion.

"I'm pretty much figuring that I won't because a lot of people who know how convoluted Fleetwood Mac's politics have been will say two years from now they're gonna … and I'm like, 'I'm not so sure.' You know, it's something is a little different this time," he said.

What's different? He's not sure. Instead, Buckingham has spent the year putting together a retrospective of his solo work and will tour behind it into the New Year.

"I'm not someone who necessarily likes to look back. I like to look forward. And that certainly served me well this year. But I was quite taken by curating a 35-year plus body of work … to be able to go out and celebrate that has been really very cathartic. Yeah. So I am having a great time."

SR

#16 Post by SR » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:37 am

Pftt. I saw the interview...LB mentioned it was similar to a Mick/Keith kind of thing where if one of the two had to go it wouldn't be the singer. I thought that weird as he is the singer on a ton of their catalogue and many of their default setlist hits. Stevie is gross.

Japhy

#17 Post by Japhy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:21 pm

I can't believe this new line-up is playing two nights at Wembley Stadium in the UK... fair play, first show is sold out but tons of tickets left for the second. I've attended the last couple of tours but it's not FM without Lindsey for me... zero interest.

Funnily enough, i was xmas shopping last week and in one of the trendier stores where the cool kids work. They were all talking about the first show and how they all had tickets... however, they seemed oblivious to the fact that he wouldnt be there! I'm sure most people know but i found it amusing.

chaos

#18 Post by chaos » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/mus ... rt-n969671

CULTURE MATTERS

Lindsey Buckingham suffers vocal chord damage after emergency open heart surgery

It's unclear whether the damage is permanent or not, although, according to Buckingham's wife, future tour dates have been put on hold.

Feb. 9, 2019, 10:16 AM EST / Source: Variety
By Variety

LOS ANGELES — Ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham underwent an emergency open heart surgery last week, his wife Kristen Buckingham confirmed in a statement Friday.

"He is now recuperating at home, and each day he is stronger than the last," she wrote in the statement. "While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage."

It's unclear whether the damage is permanent or not, although, according to Buckingham's wife, future tour dates have been put on hold.

The singer-guitarist was forced out of Fleetwood Mac last year in a push led by band member Stevie Nicks. Later, the news was confirmed by guitarist Billy Burnette who tweeted "Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out but I'm not in." According to an insider, Buckingham did not exit voluntarily, and was fired.

Soon after, the band brought on Neil Finn of Crowded House and Mike Campbell of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers as a replacement, resulting in a lawsuit from Buckingham.

As a solo artist, Buckingham has released six studio albums and has recently embarked on a promotional tour for his new three-disc set "Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham."

kv

#19 Post by kv » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:17 am

:banghead: