Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Romeo

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#501 Post by Romeo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:19 am

MYXYLPLYX wrote:
Hype wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:Jesus fucking christ.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/d ... 8540990e96

Maybe someone can clarify what gives anyone else the right to tell someone what they can and can't do with their body..... fucking hell....
As strongly against this legislation as I am, the headlines are slightly misleading. It's true that the effect is anti-abortion, but it's a weird piece of legislation because it's ostensibly a restriction on foreign aid. It's not directly a restriction on abortion rights. It's a restriction on what American-funded clinics in foreign countries can say/do with respect to abortion if they want to continue to receive funding.

That is, of course, clearly reprehensible, and woman are going to die as a result, but I think it's a sin of a different order of magnitude than, say, actively promoting anti-abortion views in these countries overtly, or trying to overturn Roe v. Wade or something.

It's easy to understand how libertarian-minded social conservatives can rationalize this: they will say it's about funding, not about telling anyone what they can and can't do. Of course, they're intentionally obfuscating the role of funding in all of this. But it's possible to play their game. Take their money and work around their legislation.

Btw, I think (though I might be mistaken about this) it's legislation that G.W. Bush had already passed, but which was repealed under Obama.

Passed by Reagan, repealed by Clinton, reinstated by Bush, repealed by Obama, reinstated again by Trump...

Because of this history, they have compiled some pretty thorough surveys of the effect of its enforcement ... lotta dead women, a lot more abortions...

:no:
I have more restrictions on my uterus than firearms do!

My uterus must be a dangerous weapon!

SR

#502 Post by SR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:41 am

Tomorrow LIVE on FB @ 10 am EST the Atomic Scientists will revisit the doomsday clock time....this has been on my radar for some time now. I think it's going to change. Funny (not really) but the prospect of war is very real to me with the new admin, but what has never crossed my mind was the possibility of a Civil War, but after his threat to invade Illinois yesterday there are brand new horrors to contemplate. This particular Board are housed at The University of Chicago.

https://www.facebook.com/BulletinOfTheAtomicScientists/

Romeo

#503 Post by Romeo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 am

So...
Mother nature unleashed fury on the South. 21 people dead.
Where's the Mango Mussolini? Absolutely no peep from the White house.

If Obama wasn't there within 20 minutes of the disaster the GOP and troglodyte followers were ripping him a new asshole

SR

#504 Post by SR » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:10 am

BoAS moved it .30 seconds closer to midnight. 2 1/2 minutes to midnight.

farrellgirl99

#505 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:12 pm

may the lord help us all :scared:

Bandit72

#506 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Another half a minute and Maiden have realised their song to its full potential.

Artemis

#507 Post by Artemis » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:41 pm

My dear American friends,

I don't pray, but I will be thinking positive thoughts for y'all. May the reign of Emperer Cheeto come to an abrupt end. Hopefully he will choke on the Lay's chips he likes to eat while watching TV. *fingerscrossed*

Seriously though, I thought DT would simmer down after he was sworn in. I thought that once the magnitude and reality of his new role sunk in, he would be humbled by it. Obviously, my thinking was wrong.

:pat: :gh:

Matz

#508 Post by Matz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:53 pm

yeah, it's frightening indeed....he's only going to be there one term but imagine the damage he can do in that time....fuck

kv

#509 Post by kv » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:22 pm

If he does as he pledged to..What makes people think it will be only 4 years? The same people who put him in office could keep him in it for 8...Everyone assumed bush jr would be gone in 4 as well

creep
Site Admin

#510 Post by creep » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:47 pm

kv wrote:If he does as he pledged to..What makes people think it will be only 4 years? The same people who put him in office could keep him in it for 8...Everyone assumed bush jr would be gone in 4 as well
because hillary won't be running.

kv

#511 Post by kv » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Ya, that's a fair point...Most of the people I know, who admitted voting for Trump, said they just couldn't vote for her or more of the same.

MYXYLPLYX

#512 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Never underestimate the Democrats capacity to fuck it up... :idea:

nausearockpig

#513 Post by nausearockpig » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:29 pm

Sight Laber

#514 Post by Sight Laber » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:56 am

Artemis wrote:My dear American friends,

I don't pray, but I will be thinking positive thoughts for y'all. May the reign of Emperer Cheeto come to an abrupt end. Hopefully he will choke on the Lay's chips he likes to eat while watching TV. *fingerscrossed*

Seriously though, I thought DT would simmer down after he was sworn in. I thought that once the magnitude and reality of his new role sunk in, he would be humbled by it. Obviously, my thinking was wrong.

I can't believe he is so petty that he is still trying to convince the rest of the world what he believes in his head and he is sending out his aids to lie for him. Where are the educated people that have credibility (scientists) and their objections to this nonsense. How is Trump allowed to ignore global warming? How is he able to tell blatant lies to the media and get away with it? I don't understand how something like this can occur in this day and age. I thought living in the information age allowed instant access to facts. I just don't understand how this guy can get away with all of this when so many people oppose him. It feels to me like a dictatorship. He is controlling the media and putting out propaganda lies. Didn't the Nazi's do this?

Bandit72

#515 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:00 am

Sight Laber wrote:
Artemis wrote:My dear American friends,

I can't believe he is so petty that he is still trying to convince the rest of the world what he believes in his head and he is sending out his aids to lie for him. Where are the educated people that have credibility (scientists) and their objections to this nonsense. How is Trump allowed to ignore global warming? How is he able to tell blatant lies to the media and get away with it? I don't understand how something like this can occur in this day and age. I thought living in the information age allowed instant access to facts. I just don't understand how this guy can get away with all of this when so many people oppose him. It feels to me like a dictatorship. He is controlling the media and putting out propaganda lies. Didn't the Nazi's do this?
Germany was in a far worse state than America as Hitler rose to power. But yes, I can see some similarities.

Romeo

#516 Post by Romeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:03 am

I can't wait to pay $5 for each avocado!

Thank Trumpanzees!

guysmiley

#517 Post by guysmiley » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:14 am

Romeo wrote:I can't wait to pay $5 for each avocado!

Thank Trumpanzees!
Not getting tequila either. And food prices will go up if he kicks out the laborers. Dairy will be destroyed as with any other government priced agriculture.

SR

#518 Post by SR » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:52 pm

The price is far larger than avocados. We are so fucked

Hmm, Just Because is the worst showing for JA on this album by far, but this is a really credible effort. Not to be compared to NS or RDLH, but well done gramps

Juana

#519 Post by Juana » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:04 am

creep wrote:
kv wrote:If he does as he pledged to..What makes people think it will be only 4 years? The same people who put him in office could keep him in it for 8...Everyone assumed bush jr would be gone in 4 as well
because hillary won't be running.
If they're smart they will run one of the Castro brothers whom one of which is likely about to get Ted Cruz's seat in the senate as he is about to run against him and the Castro brothers are loved in all the metro areas here.

Juana

#520 Post by Juana » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:05 am

Thank Trumpanzees!
Lets be honest the states that really wanted him in office don't eat avocados hell they likely don't even know a real corn tortilla

kv

#521 Post by kv » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Juana wrote:

Thank Trumpanzees!
Lets be honest the states that really wanted him in office don't eat avocados hell they likely don't even know a real corn tortilla
Arizona and Texas?

Artemis

#522 Post by Artemis » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Meanwhile in Canada...

A refreshing break from the insanity happening downstairs in the US&A.

Members of Parliament are learning Bhangra dancing. :lol:

Juana

#523 Post by Juana » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 pm

kv wrote:
Juana wrote:

Thank Trumpanzees!
Arizona and Texas?
I was speaking more about the North but come to think of it a lot of the Mexican food in TX sucks unless its by the border for the most part. I forgot Arizona voted for him.

SR

#524 Post by SR » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am

78,000 people put him in to office

Bandit72

#525 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:02 am

Trump executive order: Million sign petition to stop UK visit
A petition to stop US President Donald Trump's UK state visit has gathered more than a million signatures.

Numbers of signatories have been rising rapidly since a US clampdown on immigration came into effect over the weekend, causing anger worldwide.

PM Theresa May announced the visit during her recent US trip. Downing Street has rejected calls for it to be cancelled as a "populist gesture".

Labour's Jeremy Corbyn urged the PM to postpone the visit.