Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
nausearockpig

Re: Movies or "the breakdown of jasper"

#1726 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:52 pm

creep wrote:
nausearockpig wrote:We saw Mr. Right the other day. the first 15 mins were just terrible with jokes falling flat and almost being so bad we were about to kill the show but gave it "another five minutes".. lucky we did, enjoyed the fuck outta it after than.
i saw it yesterday. decent movie. not a "go see it in a theater" type movie but worth a watch on hbo.
Did you think the jokes in the first 15-20 mins were just flat and terrible, but the rest of the movie was good, or was that just us?

wally

#1727 Post by wally » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:36 am

does anyone here listen to Doug Benson's "Doug Loves Movies" podcast?
It's taped live at comedy clubs with other comedians/actors answering game show type questions about movies
its pretty funny usually, worth a listen if you like Doug or funny things or movies.
you can find them here...
https://m.reddit.com/r/douglovesmovies

wally

#1728 Post by wally » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:23 pm

wally wrote:does anyone here listen to Doug Benson's "Doug Loves Movies" podcast?
i guess not. :neutral:

I saw Hidden Figures over the weekend.
good movie.

Artemis

#1729 Post by Artemis » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:31 pm

Since you recommend that podcast, I will give it a listen,wally. I'd never never heard of it before you mentioned it. :tiphat:

Over the weekend I saw LaLaLand. I enjoyed it, was very entertaining and very much a "feel good" movie. The film looked gorgeous the way it was shot. I think it deserved some of those Golden Globes it won last night, but not all. Barry Jenkins should have won best director & screenplay for Moonlight instead of Damien Chazelle for La La Land, imo.

For you fellas looking to take your lady to a film, this is a good one! And not just because Ryan Gosling looks really cute.. :lol:

perkana

#1730 Post by perkana » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Talking about Ryan G, his Golden Globes speech got me all :love:
I will try to listen to it. I love movies and funny things. I've never heard of Doug, though :dunce:

Matz

#1731 Post by Matz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:25 am

finally watched The Force Awakens. Great movie! Only weak thing about it is the Supreme Leader....nothing menacing about that guy, just a silly cartoonish freak

perkana

#1732 Post by perkana » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Yeah, I didn't like him either.

wally

#1733 Post by wally » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:14 pm

saw a couple movies this weekend.
1st was DOPE - good movie
2nd was The Boss - worst movie I've ever sat through. Terrible.

creep
Site Admin

#1735 Post by creep » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:47 pm

it's that time of year when movie screeers get leaked so i usually try to watch the films up for awards.

arrival - i was really looking forward to this and heard mostly good things about it. what a turd of a movie. maybe my expectations were too high but it was slow and boring.

hacksaw ridge - typical war movie where the unexpected guy becomes the hero. decent movie. didn't love it...didn't hate it.

la la land - a girlfriend made me watch it....ok i watched it alone by choice. i'm not a fan of musicals so i honestly expected to not like it...so of course i liked it. there actually weren't too many songs and the story and cinematography were pretty good. good movie.

perkana

#1736 Post by perkana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:29 am

I'm going to watch it today by myself...I hope I like it. I need to watch a cheerful movie.
I enjoyed "Hidden Figures". Didn't love it.
I saw a couple of days ago a very, very good movie with Tina Fey, Margot Robbie ( :boobs: ), Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman. I think comedy actors are so good in dramas/dramedies

perkana

#1737 Post by perkana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:42 am

creep wrote: hacksaw ridge - typical war movie where the unexpected guy becomes the hero. decent movie. didn't love it...didn't hate it.
When I saw the trailer, I thought it was too corny and I hate Mel Gibson. It's like a propaganda movie. They should make a movie about the jews they rejected and died in nazi camps. I don't think I would watch it, but it would be more truthful.

perkana

#1738 Post by perkana » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:38 pm

I haven't liked any of M. Knight Shmalayan's movies in a while, but I decided to give the latest a shot (hey, James McAvoy is in it). So, I thought it was sooooo damn slow, not as bad as The Village, and well, James was pretty awesome. Annnnd, I liked the last scene. I was the only one who knew the character (I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to watch this and likes MKS movies, at least the first two). I advice not to drink a large soda, I made the mistake (again) and I think that was another reason I wanted the movie to end as soon as fucking possible.

kv

#1739 Post by kv » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:51 pm

A m knight film that's a slow burn? Shocking! :hehe:

perkana

#1740 Post by perkana » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:33 am

kv wrote:A m knight film that's a slow burn? Shocking! :hehe:
I know, right?! A good way to torture someone would be by making them watch The Happening. I've seen bad movies but not as bad as that one.

kv

#1741 Post by kv » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:25 pm

That movie was torture............."wait, THAT'S the payoff?!"

creep
Site Admin

#1742 Post by creep » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:54 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
Artemis wrote:I saw The Girl on the Train last night and was bored through much of it. Near the mid point of the movie, most of the people in the theatre were talking- myself included! I didn't like any of the characters; terrible dialogue and pacing too. I've never read the book, so I do not know how it compares. I'm guessing pretty badly as the book was a bestseller. Emily Blunt's acting was good and Justin Theroux was nice to look at.

justin theoroux is always nice to look at :love:

i didnt see the movie, but i HATED the book. almost couldnt get through it. also had terrible dialogue, pacing, plot, characters etc. not sure why it was so popular. gone girl had a bad ending but was far superior as a thriller. there was nothing thrilling about girl on a train
i watched it today on the plane. i liked it. i don't know if i would feel different if i made the effort to see it in a theater. :noclue:

it was somewhat predictable but overall pretty entertaining.

creep
Site Admin

#1743 Post by creep » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:39 pm

i usually do not like superhero movies but i went and saw logan because of all the good reviews. i was pretty bored during the first half but the second half was better. still not as good as the reviews say it was. it was cool that it was rated r and wolverine said fuck a lot. :noclue:

Pandemonium

#1744 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 pm

creep wrote:i usually do not like superhero movies but i went and saw logan because of all the good reviews. i was pretty bored during the first half but the second half was better. still not as good as the reviews say it was. it was cool that it was rated r and wolverine said fuck a lot. :noclue:
I'm gonna be really bummed when Patrick Stewart eventually dies.

Larry B.

#1745 Post by Larry B. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:03 am

Saw Logan a couple of days ago. Possibly the best Marvel movie I've seen, and this generation's Terminator 2. It was great. I'm gonna miss Jackman as Wolverine.

Artemis

#1746 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Can't wait for this one...

I never read the book, maybe I'll check the library for it.

perkana

#1747 Post by perkana » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:09 pm

I saw the 80's movie with my little cousins when I was like 17 (they were like 8, 6 and 4 and I was more scared than them) 'IT' is Alexander Skargård's kid brother Bill...

Pandemonium

#1748 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:11 pm

I saw Kong Skull Island this week with very low expectations (I'm a sucker for giant monster flicks) and actually enjoyed it.

clickie

#1749 Post by clickie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Its been out a while but I heard Bone Tomahawk was good. Havent seen it yet. Budget was only around 1-2 million. Kurt Russell must work for free if he likes a script.

Bandit72

#1750 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I saw Kong Skull Island this week with very low expectations (I'm a sucker for giant monster flicks) and actually enjoyed it.
I want to go and see this in 3D before it comes off (I'm the same re: huge things eating people etc...)

Loads of people are going on about Ghost in the Shell. "It's like the Matrix!!"......I've never seen the Matrix :conf: