Sean Spicer

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Sean Spicer

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:01 pm

Sean Spicer deserves his own thread since his press conferences are so entertaining.

Today's gem:

"Hitler didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."

Okay he did use chemical weapons in "the Holocaust Centers." But he "didn't drop them down . . . into the middle of the town."

guysmiley

Re: Sean Spicer

#2 Post by guysmiley » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Can someone articulate please speak? Fuck I think we all need an adult. :sad:

SR

#3 Post by SR » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Pretty good article on the psychology of poison/chemical warfare.....

http://thebulletin.org/sarin-and-sentim ... o.facebook

chaos

#4 Post by chaos » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:36 pm

^
Good piece.

Juana

#5 Post by Juana » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:15 pm

This train wreck just keeps getting better and better

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 pm

I get what that idiot Spicer meant despite his ignorance and it pisses me off that dolts like Nancy Pelosi jump on it trying to make it some polarizing anti-Jewish thing. But seriously, Spicer is just a complete trainwreck in front of the press and I can't imagine he's going to be around by the end of the year.

Bandit72

#7 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:11 am

I heard him say "Holocaust Centres" like they were shopping malls or something. What an uneducated dick.

Hype

#8 Post by Hype » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I get what that idiot Spicer meant despite his ignorance and it pisses me off that dolts like Nancy Pelosi jump on it trying to make it some polarizing anti-Jewish thing. But seriously, Spicer is just a complete trainwreck in front of the press and I can't imagine he's going to be around by the end of the year.
It is anti-Jewish. If you think he isn't using dog-whistles to signal to those elements in the voter base, you're naive. He's not getting up there and speaking off the top of his head.

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Hype wrote:It is anti-Jewish. If you think he isn't using dog-whistles to signal to those elements in the voter base, you're naive. He's not getting up there and speaking off the top of his head.
I think you give him way more credit then he deserves. The guy seems like an inarticulate simpleton every time he opens his mouth.

Hype

#10 Post by Hype » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:52 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Hype wrote:It is anti-Jewish. If you think he isn't using dog-whistles to signal to those elements in the voter base, you're naive. He's not getting up there and speaking off the top of his head.
I think you give him way more credit then he deserves. The guy seems like an inarticulate simpleton every time he opens his mouth.
It's intentional. He's not the brightest person, but he's not as stupid as he appears, either. Pretty much exactly like George W. Bush -- not really an idiot, but plays folksy, or brash, or racist, or whatever, because that speaks to a certain voter base.

Watch him here, before he joined Trump's team:

Artemis

#11 Post by Artemis » Thu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm

I like the Sean Spicer cardboard heads people are putting in their gardens. :lol:

chaos

#12 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:32 am

:conf:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/steve-ba ... 11009.html

Sonam Sheth
Business Insider June 20, 2017

When he was asked why the White House has recently diminished the number of daily press briefings in favor of off-camera gaggles, chief strategist Steve Bannon replied, "Sean got fatter."

Bannon, making the comment to a reporter for The Atlantic, was referring to White House press secretary Sean Spicer, who has been in the public eye less over the past few weeks. Bannon reportedly did not respond to follow-up questions from the Atlantic reporter.

Last edited by chaos on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

chaos

#13 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:46 am

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... -secretary

Sean Spicer Out as Press Secretary
Spicer will lead the communications office while searching for his replacement at the briefing podium.

By Gabrielle Levy, Political Reporter | June 19, 2017, at 5:47 p.m.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer will step back from giving reporters the daily press briefing and is searching for his replacement at the podium.

"We have sought input from many people as we look to expand our communications operation. As he did in the beginning, Sean Spicer is managing both the communications and press office," White House officials said in a statement Monday.

Spicer will continue to fill the duties of the communications director – a post that has been empty since the end of May after the resignation of Mike Dubke.

There has been plenty of speculation about Spicer's job almost since the first day of the Trump administration, when he came before members of the media to defend the new president's claims about crowd sizes at his inauguration. The chatter has ramped up in recent weeks, as he gave over many of his briefing duties to his deputy, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

The White House has reportedly not yet settled on a title for Spicer's new role, which is part of a broader shakeup meant to wipe the slate clean after a series of communications missteps.

According to Politico, Spicer and White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus are interviewing candidates for the press secretary role. Among the candidates are said to be Laura Ingraham, the Fox News personality and a potential candidate to challenge Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., and David Martosko, the editor of the Daily Mail, who met with senior White House strategist Steve Bannon last week.

Sanders has reportedly told people she does not want the job.

Kimberly Guilfoyle, a co-host of Fox News' "The Five," last month said she had conversations with the Trump administration about taking over the role, but apparently has not been formally interviewed.

The White House has not held an on-camera briefing since June 12.

chaos

#14 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:34 am

Yeah, I'm going to miss Sean . . .

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:40 am

Last one

Pandemonium

#16 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:53 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I get what that idiot Spicer meant despite his ignorance and it pisses me off that dolts like Nancy Pelosi jump on it trying to make it some polarizing anti-Jewish thing. But seriously, Spicer is just a complete trainwreck in front of the press and I can't imagine he's going to be around by the end of the year.
Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:31 am

Aaaannnd, it's finally official - Spicer is out. No doubt having Sarah Huckabee Sanders being a laughably worse fill-in for him finally pushed Trump to get a replacement - of course, one of his business buddies, Anthony Scaramucci.

chaos

#18 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Aaaannnd, it's finally official - Spicer is out. No doubt having Sarah Huckabee Sanders being a laughably worse fill-in for him finally pushed Trump to get a replacement - of course, one of his business buddies, Anthony Scaramucci.
:hs: SHS is now officially the Press Secretary. Spicer was "promoted" to Communications Director a few weeks ago, which is the position resigned from today. Scaramucci will take over as the Communications Director in August.

chaos

#19 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:02 pm

:lolol:

Pandemonium

#20 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 am

chaos wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Aaaannnd, it's finally official - Spicer is out. No doubt having Sarah Huckabee Sanders being a laughably worse fill-in for him finally pushed Trump to get a replacement - of course, one of his business buddies, Anthony Scaramucci.
:hs: SHS is now officially the Press Secretary. Spicer was "promoted" to Communications Director a few weeks ago, which is the position resigned from today. Scaramucci will take over as the Communications Director in August.
Yeah, I initially thought Scaramucci was going to fill some sort of dual role but it was made clear that Huckabee got a "promotion" to be the official press secretary .....for however long that lasts.

farrellgirl99

#21 Post by farrellgirl99 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:52 pm

this batshit scaramucci article/interview is well worth your time

apparently, the white house communications director does not understand on/off the record

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizz ... eve-bannon
Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.”

Hype

#22 Post by Hype » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:20 pm

I always thought George W. Bush was really dumb, but he went to Harvard and Yale. Trump is dumb, but I think it's more amazing that he manages to surround himself with people even dumber than himself, which is the opposite of what Bush did. :neutral:

kv

#23 Post by kv » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:37 pm

Ya I agree with your train of thought...as bad as it was when he won... I also wrongly assumed he would be surrounded by smarter people

Juana

#24 Post by Juana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Hype wrote:I always thought George W. Bush was really dumb, but he went to Harvard and Yale. Trump is dumb, but I think it's more amazing that he manages to surround himself with people even dumber than himself, which is the opposite of what Bush did. :neutral:
Donald is the smartest POTUS ever, going to be the greatest one ever.

Hype

#25 Post by Hype » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

I think the United States can survive even 8 years of Trump, but the most fucked up thing is that it's no longer crazy to think that all three branches of the US federal government are in serious long-term trouble. A whole bunch more Supreme Court justices could die/retire in the next eight years, leaving the world with an American judiciary stocked by Trump picks. The open threats to a free press... Trump's election seems to be part of a world-wide rise of a brutal form of corporation-led right-wing populism (aka fascism) which is alarming to anyone who has any understanding of why most of Europe has been at peace for the past 75 years. The Tea Party/birther shit seems to have just been the beginning. :neutral: It's not the majority of Americans (or the majority anywhere, really!) -- it's the fact that these crazy leaders are getting into power WITHOUT democratic support, and everyone seems to be dropping standard liberal values whenever they conflict with certain special interests. It's really, really, really fucked up.