Chris Cornell dead at 52

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Chris Cornell dead at 52

#26 Post by creep » Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Dude can't go 5 minutes without mentioning his wife. :eyes:
Neither can you.

jptm

#27 Post by jptm » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Comment from that Variety article...
Atian says:
May 18, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Cornell’s charisma was magnetizing, his voice was rather, how should I say, peripheral.
Forget Black Hole Sun, it’s Jesus Christ Pose you wanna listen to. RIP
...someone is being cheeky; w/the 'peripheral' ref & JC Pose references... didn't CC write JC Pose about Perry?
Chris Cornell specifically mentioned Jane's Addiction's frontman Perry Farrell as an influence on the song, explaining, "It became fashionable to be the sort of persecuted-deity guy."[5] In an interview, Cornell explained the term "Jesus Christ Pose":
"You just see it a lot with really beautiful people, or famous people, exploiting that symbol as to imply that they're either a deity or persecuted somehow by their public. So it's pretty much a song that is nonreligious but expressing being irritated by seeing that. It's not that I would ever be offended by what someone would do with that symbol."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ_Pose#Lyrics

:dunce:

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/chri ... 0/#respond

:wave:

JOEinPHX

#28 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri May 19, 2017 8:56 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Dude can't go 5 minutes without mentioning his wife. :eyes:
Neither can you.
You're the one posting all the new content in the Etty thread, champ. :wave:

I don't mention her till the subject is brought up by someone else. :wink:

kv

#29 Post by kv » Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Creep's still right though :nod:

intertwoven

#30 Post by intertwoven » Fri May 19, 2017 10:28 pm

"Jesus Christ Pose"?
Attachments
perry-christ.jpg
perry-christ.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 9155 times

Larry B.

#31 Post by Larry B. » Sat May 20, 2017 8:11 am

Perry wrote:You know me, I’m a wild man on the stage flying all over the place
Yeah man, wow, I can't even take in all of your wildness, please chill out, it's just too many wildnesses for one show, you need to spread around how wild you are, Perry.

JOEinPHX

#32 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat May 20, 2017 4:28 pm

kv wrote:Creep's still right though :nod:
About me replying to him when he mentions Etty?

Agreed, Yes, I reply when creep mentions Etty.

crater

#33 Post by crater » Sat May 20, 2017 5:52 pm

The first time I saw them live was just uploaded. The band sounds incredible.

SR

#34 Post by SR » Sun May 21, 2017 8:47 am

Just read an article that chronicled his life and it mentioned that he had relocated to Miami. That reminded me that I had run into him at a stop light in Wynwood when I was working there last year or two years ago. He was in a Bentley or some larger luxury car with what was likely his wife and a small child in the back seat. I remember thinking it was weird if he lived there......the car didn't seem like a rental....he just didn't seem like the type that would. Miami is about the most superficial and look at me kind of city I have ever been to. He just seemed like a reserved and private type, not at all flashy. Maybe the weather...it is the absolute opposite of Seattle. Anyways, kind of consistent with this, I watched a doc on Bowie last night and he was commentating on his life with Iman in NY and how much he loved it due to the normalcy and the anonymity of living there....that no one bothered them on the streets....no one cared, like in LA.....that celebs who chose to live there get what they deserve..... :lol: paparazzi attention whores and all.

Pandemonium

#35 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 26, 2017 9:30 pm

I guess Dave was at the funeral today.

creep
Site Admin

#36 Post by creep » Fri May 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I guess Dave was at the funeral today.
and etty!

chaos

#37 Post by chaos » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:08 am

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/chris-cornell ... 04412.html

Chris Cornell's daughter, 12, performs tribute to her late father and Chester Bennington

Good Morning America
CATHERINE THORBECKE
Good Morning AmericaAugust 4, 2017

Toni Cornell, the 12-year-old daughter of late singer Chris Cornell joined the band OneRepublic onstage live on "Good Morning America" today, where they performed a moving tribute of the Leonard Cohen song "Hallelujah." The performance was a celebration of the lives of Cornell and late Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, both of whom died earlier this year within months of each other.

“It’s an honor to perform this for my dad and Chester and to sing for them,” Toni Cornell said.

Cornell and Bennington had been friends for years, touring and performing together many times in the mid-2000's. Bennington died on July 20, the same day that would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday.

Bennington's death is being investigated as a suicide, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office. Cornell took his own life in May, according to the Wayne County Medical Examiner's office.

Linkin Park was scheduled to perform at Central Park today as part of the "GMA" Summer Concert series, before Bennington's death. OneRepublic took a detour from their on-going nationwide tour to join "GMA" in place of Linkin Park, and celebrate the legacy of Bennington and Cornell. OneRepublic told ABC News it was an honor to pay tribute to their beloved colleagues.

“Chester sang this at Chris’ funeral, and this is arguably one of the greatest songs written in the last 50 years,” OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder said of the song "Hallelujah.” “It’s a very special song to us, and I think to most people and especially to Toni [Cornell] as well.”

In the wake of Bennington's death, Linkin Park announced on the website for their charity group, "Music For Relief" that all donations would now be directed to the One More Light Fund in honor of Bennington.

Cornell and his wife founded the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation in 2012 with the mission of protecting the vulnerable children including those who are homeless, in foster care, or victims of abuse and neglect. Many fans who are still reeling from his death are celebrating his life by supporting his philanthropic work.

Eric B.

#38 Post by Eric B. » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:06 am

Damn, those 12 year olds sure look 25-ish these days...

kv

#39 Post by kv » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Eric B. wrote:Damn, those 12 year olds sure look 25-ish these days your Honor

Larry B.

#40 Post by Larry B. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:44 am

kv wrote:
Eric B. wrote:Damn, those 12 year olds sure looked 25-ish these days, Mr. executioner

Pandemonium

#41 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Yeesh, not a good look for anyone involved:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chris ... ecordings/

SR

#42 Post by SR » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:32 am

It is. I read Vicky was also in a dispute with CC's eldest daughter over college tuition. :noclue: