Live shows in your agenda?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Larry B.

Re: Live shows in your agenda?

#501 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 22, 2017 6:43 am

Keep reading rumours that U2 is coming to Chile for their Joshua Tree Anniversary tour. If they confirm, I'm going.

Pandemonium

#502 Post by Pandemonium » Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am

Larry B. wrote:Keep reading rumours that U2 is coming to Chile for their Joshua Tree Anniversary tour. If they confirm, I'm going.
I went to the 2nd LA show last night and caught it from the Red Zone. Good but not great. They fuckin' dropped A Sort Of Homecoming, a deep cut I was really looking forward to hearing. One of my typical long winded reviews later today.

Larry B.

#503 Post by Larry B. » Mon May 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Larry B. wrote:Keep reading rumours that U2 is coming to Chile for their Joshua Tree Anniversary tour. If they confirm, I'm going.
I went to the 2nd LA show last night and caught it from the Red Zone. Good but not great. They fuckin' dropped A Sort Of Homecoming, a deep cut I was really looking forward to hearing. One of my typical long winded reviews later today.
I was meaning to ask you if you had gone, looking forward to your review.

Juana

#504 Post by Juana » Tue May 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Juana wrote:Saw the Damned last night, seeing X next week, and seeing At The Drive-In next month
How was The Damned?
They were amazing along with the Bellrays as well

Melody Lee
Generals
I Just Can't Be Happy Today
Disco Man
Alone Again Or
Love Song
Machine Gun Etiquette
Street of Dreams
Eloise
Ignite
Stranger on the Town
Plan 9 Channel 7
Wait for the Blackout
The History of the World (Part 1)
New Rose
Neat Neat Neat

Jet Boy, Jet Girl
Nasty
Smash It Up
Born to Kill
Fan Club
Anti-Pope

Also I got to get my boogie on on Saturday when a friend came thru with some extra EODM tickets

Artemis

#505 Post by Artemis » Wed May 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Wow, just saw this listing, might have to get tickets. :cool:
I have lots of time to come up with a festish outfit.. :lol:

Juana

#506 Post by Juana » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 pm

At The Drive-In tomorrow and Friday

kv

#507 Post by kv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:51 am

Jelous

Juana

#508 Post by Juana » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:09 am

kv wrote:Jelous
Will be my 8th and 9th times seeing them and one of them is a sold out show that I got hooked up because the promoter knew my pup and looked out like a good homie

kv

#509 Post by kv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 am

:cheers: have fun

Juana

#510 Post by Juana » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Austin show was amazing and got some pics of Nesta's name tag on all their gear. SA tonight at an opera house.

parklife03

#511 Post by parklife03 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:06 pm

The Neal Morse Band (including Mike Portnoy) tomorrow
Richie Kotzen in July
The Dead Daisies in July

:rockon:

Bandit72

#512 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:36 am

Guns n Roses last Friday were UNBELIEVABLY good. When did they strat being so professional? Considering he's been singing Brian Johnson vocals for the las year or so, Axl's voice was incredible. Duff was just the Duff in Guns n Roses (but sober), ie fantastic. And Slash, wow. If you looked up cool in the dictionary, it should just say 'Slash'. He seems to have improved so much over time, and all three were well up for it. And as for the best of the rest, blimey, Richard Fortus. What. a. talent. Ferrer nails it but I prefer Sorum or Adler as I'm more used to listening to the songs with those two drumming. Dizzy was great and I guess Melissa is just....Melissa :hehe:

And I also didn't get blown up by some religious whack job. Result.

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable evening. One of the best stadium gigs (if not one of the best gigs) I've ever seen.

Japhy

#513 Post by Japhy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:42 am

Been to a ton of shows this year already and the latest was last week in London with King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. What a fucking band they are... about to drop their 2nd album of the year.

Next up is Pixies at a small club show and then a load more over the coming months.

Japhy

#514 Post by Japhy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 am

dannyboy wrote:Awesome, I've been listening to the Its a Shame about Ray, Come one Feel and Baby, I'm Bored a lot recently. Weirdly, I'm a lot more into them now even though I went and saw them a few times in the 90s and 00s!
Hello mate! Hope you're keeping well. Only just seen this, sorry for delayed reply. As soon as i booked tix for the Union Chapel show i dived straight back into all things Lemonheads / Dando. I was going down to see him at Scala a couple of weeks back but he missed his flight and moved the show back a week so ultimately never saw him. If he could get his shit together properly, he's capable of producing another good solo record for sure... the guy just seems too messed up to hold it together for any length of time unfortunately.

farrellgirl99

#515 Post by farrellgirl99 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:17 pm

just bought a perfect circle tickets for november.

havent seen maynard in a few years so why not

Squee

#516 Post by Squee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Artemis wrote:
When I was a kid, I loved Really Rosie.
I loved Really Rosie too! We are the same age give or take a week so that makes sense.
I had a couple of books with records (45's) as well that I played over and over. Loved Pierre "I don't care"
and this one!

Artemis wrote: Blondie and Garbage 2017 Tour Dates
07/05 – Saratoga, CA @ The Mountain Winery %
This would be the one to go see for us, but have a conflict- bummer. :sad:

We did however get in another Broadway Musical recently.
"A Night with Janis Joplin "
I am enjoying introducing my daughter to these ladies of music and their place in music history via Broadway musicals.
The level of showmanship,dedication to the craft, channeling these women and how they sounded is mind blowing.
It was amazing and the actress that played Janis, Kelly McIntyre was phenomenal, as were the others in the cast.
(Kelly is actually the Janis alternate on this tour and I specifically got tix to the show she was performing in... a family friend played Janis on Broadway but sadly we didn't get to see her Tony nominated performance in NY or on the tour she did a few years ago)
Anyway I highly recommend it to anyone. Just amazing. A great way to celebrate the Summer of Love 50th anniversary in SF, since I was too young to enjoy it the first time around :cool:

Artemis

#517 Post by Artemis » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Booked a couple more shows...

Lemon Twigs (saw them in January, really great live) - Sept

Diamanda Galas (looking forward to this one. i think the last time she was in toronto was maybe 20 years ago when JOhn Paul Jones played with her)- Nov

Juana

#518 Post by Juana » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Got myself on the guest list for Roky Erickson's birthday bash tonight. :rockon:

wally

#519 Post by wally » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:45 am

Caught the violent femmes last night. Good show! Kinda weird to have a giant mosh pit going while a dude plays the banjo, that was a first for me. :rockon:

JOEinPHX

#520 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:37 pm

Current list of tickets I have in my possession:

Demetri Martin (comedian)
Cold War Kids/Joywave
Jon Dore (comedian)
Dave Chapelle (comedian)
Future Islands
U2/Beck
TheSTART
Depeche Mode
Andrew WK
Father John Misty
Billy Idol
Lost Lake Festival
Norm MacDonald (comedian)
Kyle Kinane (comedian)

Larry B.

#521 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Saw a Cirque du Soleil show a couple of weeks ago, tributing an Argentinain band called Soda Stereo.

The show was fucking awful. I almost fell asleep. Seriously, ridiculously unimpressive. I had seen Cirque du Soleil about 10 years ago, with Saltimbanco (I think), and it was awesome. But this was absolute rubbish, a load of old arse. I felt like I'd been conned.

wally

#522 Post by wally » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:58 pm

if any of you get the chance, go see the schizophonics.
great live show.

sinep

#523 Post by sinep » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:14 pm

I saw the big Tool show in San Bernadino back in June. It was a blast.

SR

#524 Post by SR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:53 am

Took in the Kamasi Washington/Herbie Hancock show at the Bowl last night. KW's set was a lush crossover revival of original jazz fusion with choral, strings, brass, electronics, acoustic percussion,(2 kits, primary was Ronald Bruner Jr. :rockon: ), and vox.....impactful and powerful set that was comforting and power driven simultaneously. Impactful without attitude....though an able player was surprised to see how little he monopolized the spotlight, graciously sharing time with equally able players he grew up with.

HH was really good.

SR

#525 Post by SR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:06 am

David Lindley last night at St. Rocke....small venue......no one here will know him, but he's a legend player of string instruments. Had a hit, Mercury Blues, with his band El Rayo-X back in the early 80's. Known as a session player, but has made major contributions to the sounds and styles of Jackson Browne, Ry Cooder, and Ben Harper (and many others) largely, but not at all exclusively to slide guitar. Collects instruments from all over the world, but mainly displays Turkish and Syrian Ouds live that he plays to emulate the blues like no other. Razor sharp comic wit and surly militant 60's hippy politics ooze from this guy. Badass mofo..... :rockon:
Mr. Dave.jpg
Mr. Dave.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 8040 times