Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#826 Post by creep » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:34 pm

I knew I should of watched last season again. I forget everything.

Good episode though.

perkana

#827 Post by perkana » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:47 pm

crater wrote:Of course I loved the episode. Especially the giants marching with the White Walkers and the Arya/Frey scene. Her body count is growing rapidly :nod:

I've not watched any of the previews or read anything but I have a feeling that the same magic that allowed the Night King to enter the tree of the Three Eyed Raven due to him touching Bran, is the same magic that will allow the White Walkers and the dead to march right into the Walls tunnel for the same reason. Bran shouldn't have passed through the wall.
I think you are right. I felt verklempt hearing Ser Jorah asking for Dany. I'm expecting big things from him. I actually enjoyed Ed Sheeran's cameo (the ginger soldier at Riverland). Maisie Williams (Arya) is a huge fan of his and kept asking the producers to bring him on the show.

crater

#828 Post by crater » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Am I the only one on the planet that watches Game of Thrones that had no idea who Ed Sheeran was before he appeared on the show?

I've been watching reaction videos on Youtube and the majority of people seemed to know who he was just by his voice and it seems like each person in the reaction videos had no problem with him actually being on the show. But now I'm reading that Ed deleted his twitter page and the director is defending his choice to put him on the show because people on twitter have reacted so negatively that Ed was on the show.

I just don't get the outrage, but maybe I don't get it because I had never heard of the guy before he was on the show? Maybe I'd feel differently if I heard a voice and then suddenly it's some goof like Justin Bieber singing :noclue: I don't think I'd like that very much, but I wouldn't send out a bunch of hate on his twitter page or towards the people who are making the show.

perkana

#829 Post by perkana » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 pm

crater wrote:Am I the only one on the planet that watches Game of Thrones that had no idea who Ed Sheeran was before he appeared on the show?

:lol:
You are alright, you are over 40...no need to know about him :wink:
P.S. I only know about him because he has been on The Graham Norton Show.
I just don't get bullies on twitter, the producers put him on because Maisy had been asking so they surprised her this season. I thought that was incredibly sweet :heart:

perkana

#830 Post by perkana » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:44 pm

***SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS***
Scroll down to the next post crater...
Just look at a picture of Varys with hair, I really can't get used to him like that.
Note: This post discusses a plot twist that’s been revealed by HBO from an upcoming Game of Thrones episode.

She’s baaaack. A new trailer for HBO’s Game of Thrones released at Comic-Con International in San Diego on Friday teased the return of a major character to the show: Melisandre (Carice Van Houten), who Jon Snow (Kit Harington) banished in season 6, is shown in the new footage. (Melisandre has been glimpsed before in season 7 promos, but without any context about where she might pop up or who she might meet.)
The Red Woman meets with Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) at her former Dragonstone haunt and tells her: “I believe you have a role to play, as does another.” There are also shots of Cersei (Lena Headey) readying for war, the re-cast Dickon Tarly (Tom Hopper), a triumphant-looking Euron Greyjoy (Pilou Asbæk) — hmm, does he impress Cersei after all? And there’s even Littlefinger (Adian Gillen) talking all multiverse-like by telling Sansa (Sophie Turner), “every possible series of events is happening all at once…”
Plus, Gendry is coming back, too!

crater

#831 Post by crater » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Second episode and things are already crazy :yikes:

My feelings towards Euron are now the same I had towards Joffrey and Ramsay. I want to see him dead :nod:

And no, I didn't read what you posted. I close my eyes and scrolled down to the bottom so I don't see any potential spoilers :lolol:

perkana

#832 Post by perkana » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:14 pm

:lol: @crater
I'm glad the Sand Snakes are done. They have been the worst characters in the show.
Jorah and Samwell's bit made me laugh so hard...at least for a bit. I was teary eyed with Arya and Nymeria's scene and the end was awful/great. I couldn't have asked for anything else.

Juana

#833 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 pm

I enjoyed this episode and I loved the way Euron showed up like a 90's action movie villan I'm starting to warm up to him unlike Joffrey and Ramsey he has a charm about him. Arya scene with her wolf was telling for me it seemed like Nymeria can tell Arya has changed and she would rather lead her direwolf army.

perkana

#834 Post by perkana » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:25 pm

:sad:
In a behind-the-scenes interview that aired after the episode, Weiss and Benioff explain that this exchange between feral Nymeria and a Winterfell-bound Arya is a callback to Season 1. In one of several touching scenes shared between Sean Bean’s Ned and Arya, the doomed Stark patriarch tells his daughter that one day she will be a lady and marry. “No,” Arya sadly replies. “That’s not me.”
Those words were echoed in the Nymeria/Arya reunion. Benioff observes that Arya “wants [Nymeria] to come back home with her and be her loyal companion again. But Nymeria’s found her own life.”
Weiss underlines the Ned callback, saying: “‘That’s not you’ is a direct reference to what Arya herself said to her father when her father painted this picture for her as a lady of a castle, and marrying some lord and wearing some frilly dress. Arya’s not domesticated, and it makes total sense her wolf wouldn’t be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she’s heartbroken to have come this close. Then she realizes the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf.”

Juana

#835 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:59 pm

perkana wrote::sad:
In a behind-the-scenes interview that aired after the episode, Weiss and Benioff explain that this exchange between feral Nymeria and a Winterfell-bound Arya is a callback to Season 1. In one of several touching scenes shared between Sean Bean’s Ned and Arya, the doomed Stark patriarch tells his daughter that one day she will be a lady and marry. “No,” Arya sadly replies. “That’s not me.”
Those words were echoed in the Nymeria/Arya reunion. Benioff observes that Arya “wants [Nymeria] to come back home with her and be her loyal companion again. But Nymeria’s found her own life.”
Weiss underlines the Ned callback, saying: “‘That’s not you’ is a direct reference to what Arya herself said to her father when her father painted this picture for her as a lady of a castle, and marrying some lord and wearing some frilly dress. Arya’s not domesticated, and it makes total sense her wolf wouldn’t be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she’s heartbroken to have come this close. Then she realizes the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf.”
Yeah I figured it was something about Arya not being that little girl anymore but on her own journey. Theon needs to die however that coward.

perkana

#836 Post by perkana » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm

I actually clapped when he jumped ship. That was so...Theon :lol:

crater

#837 Post by crater » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:42 pm

I feel incredibly stupid. When Arya was sitting there with Hot Pie and he asks if she has been making pies, she says she made "one or two" ... it just now (as I'm watching it right now) hit me that she meant the pies she cooked up for Walder Frey.

I'm laughing at myself for not getting that the first time I heard it :dunce:

perkana

#838 Post by perkana » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 am

Talking about Hot Pie...
'Game Of Thrones’ Hot Pie Opens Real Bakery Called ‘You Know Nothing John Dough’ And Guess What He’s Making
Game of Thrones fans, have you ever craved one of Hot Pie’s Direwolf-shaped loaves of bread? Then you’re in luck, because the fictional baker from the popular HBO series has just opened a real bakery in London. But that’s not the best part. The best part is the name, because Hot Pie – real name Ben Hawkey – has decided to call the bakery….wait for it… You Know Nothing John Dough!
“Hot Pie’s Direwolf loaves are a favorite for Game of Thrones fans, and people are always asking me for the secret of my recipe,” Hawkey told Digital Spy. “I can’t share that, but Deliver customers will have the chance to try them themselves. You don’t even need to take a dangerous walk down the King’s Road to visit, it comes to you.”
The bakery, run in partnership with Deliveroo, opened its doors on July 17 right after the GoT season 7 premiere, and you can find it by searching for their name in the app. Their iconic Direwolf bread is made from wholewheat cornbread and orange zest, and is best served slightly warm with soft butter, but it comes as no surprise to learn that they quickly ran out (probably because they were only selling them for £1). Hurry up and make some more Hot Pie! There are hungry people outside of Westeros you know. (h/t: Digital Spy)

crater

#839 Post by crater » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Every one I want to win has lost so far :banghead:

And that story about Hot Pie is cool :thumb:

perkana

#840 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

I had forgotten that Mark Gatiss (Mycroft on "Sherlock") is on the show, too.
Image Image

I'm sadder about the loss of The Queen of Thorns the most.
And perhaps Ser Jorah will be out of the friendzone, finally! :banana:

Juana

#841 Post by Juana » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Episode 4 leaked

perkana

#842 Post by perkana » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Saw that, I'll wait to watch it on HD4k this Sunday.

JOEinPHX

#843 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Watched the leak.

IT'S SUCH A GOOD EPISODE. OMG. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

creep
Site Admin

#844 Post by creep » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Watched the leak.

IT'S SUCH A GOOD EPISODE. OMG. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
yeah...I gave in and watched it. Pretty crazy episode.

perkana

#845 Post by perkana » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:13 pm

creep, you can spoil it for me. After all the times I've (unwittingly) spoiled it for you!

creep
Site Admin

#846 Post by creep » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:46 pm

perkana wrote:creep, you can spoil it for me. After all the times I've (unwittingly) spoiled it for you!
I wouldn't spoil it. It's fine when you do because with my memory I just forget everything anyway.

crater

#847 Post by crater » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:54 pm

I loved it!

I'm not sure why she didn't have the other two dragons with her though? :noclue:

perkana

#848 Post by perkana » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Guess she wanted to be involved in the battle by riding just one and to keep her other babies safe? :noclue:

perkana

#849 Post by perkana » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:18 pm

First time I wanted Bronn getting killed. Next episode looks badass, too.

Juana

#850 Post by Juana » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:09 pm

Man I want to be a dick and spoil all the things but I wont... :lolol: not about this episode but the rest of the season.. Night King obtaining something, sides joining up.. sooooo much