White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

#1 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:20 pm

:pop:

I thought it might be a bit much to start a new thread with every event/person. :lol:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-c ... SKBN1AD2E6

JULY 28, 2017 / 4:58 PM / 8 MINUTES AGO
Trump replaces chief of staff Reince Priebus after six-month run
Joshua Roberts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Friday replaced his White House chief of staff, Reince Priebus, installing retired General John Kelly in his place in a major shakeup of his top team.

Trump announced the move in a tweet a day after his new communications director, Anthony Scaramucci, accused Priebus of leaking information to reporters in a profanity-laced tirade.

chaos

Re: White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

#2 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:25 pm

:pop: :pop:
farrellgirl99 wrote:this batshit scaramucci article/interview is well worth your time

apparently, the white house communications director does not understand on/off the record

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-lizz ... eve-bannon
Scaramucci also told me that, unlike other senior officials, he had no interest in media attention. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country.”

chaos

#3 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Although Sarah Huckabee Sanders deserves her own thread, I don't think she will last as long as Spicer.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders reads letter from 9-year-old Trump fan during press briefing
BY MEGAN CERULLO
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 5:37 PM

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders kicked off a new press briefing tradition Wednesday by reading a letter from a 9-year-old Trump admirer.

“To remind us a little bit more often about some of the forgotten men, women and children that we are here to serve and that the President is fighting for, we are going to start the White House briefing every once in a while with a letter or an email that we may receive from some of those individuals,” she said at the start of the briefing.

The first letter she read was from a young Trump fan named Dylan.

Sanders later shared a copy of the handwritten note, complete with misspellings, on Twitter.

“My name is Dylan but everybody calls me pickle,” the letter reads. “I am nine years old and you’re my favorite president.”

In the letter, the child goes on to tell the president about their Trump-themed birthday party.

“I like you so much that I had a birthday about you. My cake was the shape of your hat,” Dylan wrote.

Dylan then goes on to ask Trump his age, and how much money he has.

“Dylan, I’m not sure, but I know it’s a lot,” Sanders responded.

Toward the end of the letter, Dylan writes, “I don’t know why people don’t like you.”

“Me either, Dylan,” Sanders said during the press briefing.

Dylan closed the letter with a request to be friends with Trump.

Juana

#4 Post by Juana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:56 pm

This is going to be great I have a feeling a majority of his staff and cabinet will be churned over and over

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Will this thread eclipse the Etty thread in length?

chaos

#6 Post by chaos » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:15 pm

Does this mean Bannon is next on the list? Perhaps Conway? :hs:

There have been rumblings that McMaster, Tillerson, and Mattis are very unhappy.

I can't imagine General Kelly will put up with anyone's nonsense (especially Scaramucci's) once he starts on Monday.

Juana

#7 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:13 pm

The Mooch is out

chaos

#8 Post by chaos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/p ... p=cur&_r=0

Trump Tells Aides He Has Decided to Remove Stephen Bannon
By MAGGIE HABERMANAUG. 18, 2017

President Trump has told senior aides that he has decided to remove Stephen K. Bannon, the embattled White House chief strategist who helped Mr. Trump win the 2016 election, according to two administration officials briefed on the discussion.

The president and senior White House officials were debating when and how to dismiss Mr. Bannon. The two administration officials cautioned that Mr. Trump is known to be averse to confrontation within his inner circle, and could decide to keep on Mr. Bannon for some time.

As of Friday morning, the two men were still discussing Mr. Bannon’s future, the officials said. A person close to Mr. Bannon insisted the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week, but the move was delayed after the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.

Mr. Bannon’s dismissal followed an Aug. 16 interview he initiated with a writer with whom he had never spoken, with the progressive publication The American Prospect. In it, Mr. Bannon mockingly played down the American military threat to North Korea as nonsensical: “Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that 10 million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

He also bad-mouthed his colleagues in the Trump administration, vowed to oust a diplomat at the State Department and mocked officials as “wetting themselves” over the consequences of radically changing trade policy.

Of the far right, he said, “These guys are a collection of clowns,” and he called it a “fringe element” of “losers.”

“We gotta help crush it,” he said in the interview, which people close to Mr. Bannon said he believed was off the record.

Privately, several White House officials said that Mr. Bannon appeared to be provoking Mr. Trump and that they did not see how Mr. Trump could keep him on after the interview was published.

Mr. Bannon’s departure was long rumored in Washington. The president’s new chief of staff, John F. Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general who was brought on for his ability to organize a chaotic staff, was said to have grown weary of the chief strategist’s long-running feud with Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, the national security adviser.

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 pm

chaos

#10 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 am

This is from August. If you glance down the letter, you'll see the first letter of each paragraph spells out the word IMPEACH. :lol:

chaos

#11 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:11 pm

A pre-Gorka chart:

chaos

#12 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:49 am

Dismayed by Trump, Head of Drug Enforcement Administration to Leave

Chuck Rosenberg, the acting head of the Drug Enforcement Administration, will resign at the end of the week, according to law enforcement officials.

JACQUELYN MARTIN / ASSOCIATED PRESS
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT
SEPTEMBER 26, 2017

WASHINGTON — The acting head of the Drug Enforcement Administration will resign at the end of the week, according to law enforcement officials, who said he had become convinced that President Trump had little respect for the law.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/u ... l?referer=

chaos

#13 Post by chaos » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:53 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/us/p ... &smtyp=cur

Health Secretary Tom Price Resigns After Drawing Ire for Chartered Flights
By PETER BAKERSEPT. 29, 2017

Tom Price on Thursday in Washington. He resigned under pressure on Friday. Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Tom Price, the health and human services secretary, resigned under pressure on Friday after racking up at least $400,000 in travel bills for chartered flights and undermining President Trump’s promise to drain the swamp of a corrupt and entitled capital.

chaos

#14 Post by chaos » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:21 pm

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:02 pm

I just heard on the news that McMaster is leaving.

kv

#16 Post by kv » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:35 pm

It never ends :dunce:

SR

#17 Post by SR » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:42 am

chaos wrote:I just heard on the news that McMaster is leaving.
shocked he ever got on board. He looked completely contemptuous of the loon as he was introduced. Kelly Anne and tillerson have been mia recently....gone, but not gone. :eyes:

Hype

#18 Post by Hype » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 pm

This might be a stupid thing to ask, but... has anyone gone back and compared this rate of attrition to previous presidents? :noclue:

SR

#19 Post by SR » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:16 am

Fair q, but the rank of person, reason for disqualification, and duration of occupation matter a great deal too. And of course, none of it speaks to those still in their positions who are grossly unqualified and/or dangerous

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... n-40-years

JOEinPHX

#20 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Hype wrote:This might be a stupid thing to ask, but... has anyone gone back and compared this rate of attrition to previous presidents? :noclue:
I saw a few days ago on Twitter, some political historian was discussing it.

There's no way I would be able to find it again.

But the breakdown was basically that Trump has already lost as many people in his first year as Obama, Clinton, and George W did in their entire 8 year terms.

Hype

#21 Post by Hype » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:23 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Hype wrote:This might be a stupid thing to ask, but... has anyone gone back and compared this rate of attrition to previous presidents? :noclue:

But the breakdown was basically that Trump has already lost as many people in his first year as Obama, Clinton, and George W did in their entire 8 year terms.
Yeah, the link SR posted says the next highest turnover rate was Reagan in 81', at half of what Trump's is.

I have friends who work on the concept of political stability. This is a pretty good case study in a certain kind of instability and its consequences.

Artemis

#22 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Another one gone...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43311581
Gary Cohn: Key Trump economic policy adviser resigns

US President Donald Trump's top economic adviser Gary Cohn is resigning, the White House has said.

It is the latest in a series of high-profile departures from President Trump's team.

There has been speculation that Mr Cohn, a supporter of free trade, was angered by Mr Trump's plans to impose tariffs on aluminium and steel imports.

In a statement released by the White House, Mr Cohn said it had been "an honour to serve my country".

The 57-year-old former president of the Goldman Sachs bank helped Mr Trump push through his sweeping tax reforms late last year.

However, the two were not believed to be close.

In August 2017, Mr Cohn criticised Mr Trump over his reaction to a far-right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, saying the administration "can and must do better". He was reported to have drafted a resignation letter after the event.

"It has been an honour to serve my country and enact pro-growth economic policies to benefit the American people, in particular the passage of historic tax reform," Mr Cohn said in his statement.

"I am grateful to the president for giving me this opportunity and wish him and the administration great success in the future."

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 am

Hype wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Yeah, the link SR posted says the next highest turnover rate was Reagan in 81', at half of what Trump's is.

I have friends who work on the concept of political stability. This is a pretty good case study in a certain kind of instability and its consequences.
Vox decided to answer my question today.

SR

#24 Post by SR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:59 am

SR wrote:
chaos wrote:I just heard on the news that McMaster is leaving.
shocked he ever got on board. He looked completely contemptuous of the loon as he was introduced. Kelly Anne and tillerson have been mia recently....gone, but not gone. :eyes:
....and Tillerson out :drop mic:

chaos

#25 Post by chaos » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am

:lol: