Happy 6th Anniversary! (here anyway) MAKE THAT 7

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
kv

Happy 6th Anniversary! (here anyway) MAKE THAT 7

#1 Post by kv » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:17 am

We are a few days from our 6th year here on Aug 2nd.

Time flys when you are talking about mundane shit eh?

A few of us have been around for pushing 20 fucking years :jasper:

I think of little Larry faking his death, little hype and his skateboard and 6767 effectively trolling for a decade plus
it's an odd, lame, mostly retarded group...but here we remain!...don't ask why, never ask why

But old, new, retired or lurker (stay creepy lurkers)
This community is a fucking rare thing to exist as it has through the years...it deserves to be recognized and appreciated...just like the band that brought us together...sure Jane's sucks now...but only that freak show of a band could have pulled us all together

So cheers to them and you :cheers:

And if you are a lurker or an old friend...show yourself if just for this thread :tiphat:

:kv:

Larry B.

Re: Happy 6th Anniversary! (here anyway)

#2 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:52 am

I hope that around 30-35 years from now, I'll be talking to my children, as they mock my technological clumsiness, and will tell them about this little place. It'll be one of those things that they'll say "how come you've never told us about that before?" and will stay with them after I fucking die.

This absolutely is a reflection of what the Internet was like in its beginnings, and I kind of wish a historian was paying attention to this kind of stuff. Like, actual examples of that spirit of "let's communicate like the real human beings we are, only this time with real people from all over the world, let's see what these foreigners are all about."

So on this grey Friday morning - in Chile -, I raise my cup of tea to you all and all those who came before us, and are no longer with us, for different reasons, some more serious than others. For those of us who have survived the very many, many, Great Filters the community has faced, and who have managed to stick together. From a mailing list to Facebook friends, from a drunken rant to a hug hanging out with Pete. From trading super-rare bootlegs to a yearly secret-bloody-santa that has seen packages being sent to five continents. Just because it's fun.

As the tea in this cup isn't getting any warmer: cheers.

Juana

#3 Post by Juana » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:17 am

chaos

#4 Post by chaos » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:15 am

:tiphat:

JOEinPHX

#5 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:58 am

Happy Anniversary!!

Love you guys! :gh:

farrellgirl99

#7 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:32 pm

cheers! :cheers:

still one of the must humane places on the internet (when nyrexall isnt sending pms :lol: ).

sinep

#8 Post by sinep » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:28 pm

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's arrange for another conference call.

jptm

#9 Post by jptm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:51 pm

w00t w00t!! :banana:

thoreau

#10 Post by thoreau » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:39 pm

6 years!? Wow, time has flown.

Cheers all! :bday:

Everybody's Friend

#11 Post by Everybody's Friend » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Ya'll should have another backyard BBQ where Oz can give Pete footrubs... :agree:

Smokestack

#12 Post by Smokestack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Hey everybody!

Crazy that it's been almost 20 years on the boards. I was on the old AOL mailing list back in the early/mid 90's. After the tour with Eric and Sonny's interview with him, I lost interest in following the board daily.

I miss some of the old characters from the 1% and Whores (2%) boards. I remember getting on the Whores board late at night and laughing my ass off.

Hoka still around? I think he owes me a beer.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#13 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Smokestack wrote:Hey everybody!

Crazy that it's been almost 20 years on the boards. I was on the old AOL mailing list back in the early/mid 90's. After the tour with Eric and Sonny's interview with him, I lost interest in following the board daily.

I miss some of the old characters from the 1% and Whores (2%) boards. I remember getting on the Whores board late at night and laughing my ass off.

Whoa. Yeah, I think I do. Are you still in KC? I'm there 4-5 times a year now.

Smokestack

#14 Post by Smokestack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Hokahey wrote:

I'm south, in Springfield. I'll be in St. Louis for the QOTSA show at the Peabody Opera House in October. You going?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#15 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Smokestack wrote:
Hokahey wrote:

I'm south, in Springfield. I'll be in St. Louis for the QOTSA show at the Peabody Opera House in October. You going?
Ah, gotcha. No, not going. I don't love their output post SFTD, and I don't get out much right now. My next big outing will be the Chiefs home opener next month.

JOEinPHX

#16 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:35 am

kv wrote:6767 effectively trolling for a decade plus
I'm really not trolling.

I actually do believe Perry is mediocre and could only produce on heroin or with Casey writing his lyrics for him, Dave is the real artist of the band, records sound bad before 1991, bootlegs ALL sound like shit, the 3 Days Poem (in full) never existed, Stone Temple Pilots is more artistic (and wrote better songs) than Jane's Addiction, and that Etty is a braindead hollywood-wannabe moron who ruined any opportunity Perry had to squeeze out 2-3 more albums of listenable music.

:noclue:

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
I'm really not trolling.

I actually do believe Perry is mediocre and could only produce on heroin or with Casey writing his lyrics for him, Dave is the real artist of the band, records sound bad before 1991, bootlegs ALL sound like shit, the 3 Days Poem (in full) never existed, Stone Temple Pilots is more artistic (and wrote better songs) than Jane's Addiction, and that Etty is a braindead hollywood-wannabe moron who ruined any opportunity Perry had to squeeze out 2-3 more albums of listenable music.

Artists create art, not co-host tattoo shows. STP (was) a more commercial version of Pearl Jam and couldn't lick the taint of Avery era Janes.

Everything else I agree with.

blackula

#18 Post by blackula » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
I'm really not trolling.

Wow...if you mentioned Pearl Jam and The Panic Channel in this post it would've truly been a "best of"!

kv

Re: Happy 6th Anniversary! (here anyway) MAKE THAT 7

#19 Post by kv » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Was last week but whatever's...happy 7th!

Artemis

#20 Post by Artemis » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Happy 7th all!

For the 8th anniversary let's celebrate in Vegas at Kind Heaven.

Mescal

#21 Post by Mescal » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Larry B. wrote:
This absolutely is a reflection of what the Internet was like in its beginnings, and I kind of wish a historian was paying attention to this kind of stuff. Like, actual examples of that spirit of "let's communicate like the real human beings we are, only this time with real people from all over the world, let's see what these foreigners are all about."
This.

Internet turned into some corporate thing where everything is planned to make you go to certain sites to make you spend some more money to make the internet corporate machine turning.

Like every google search sends you to tripadvisor, booking or amazon.

Anyway,

Glad to be part of this anyway :wave:

Bandit72

#22 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:10 am

Here's to another 7 years! :cheers:

Wonder if there'll be a new 35th anniversary Ritual Tour 2025?

SR

#23 Post by SR » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:03 am

:lol: I am close to the oldest person on the threads here, but no where close to the oldest on the Jane's boards and I've still been around for 15-20 years. I think I have 5% of all posts here too, and 90% of that is NBA :lol:

Juana

#24 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 pm

SR wrote::lol: I am close to the oldest person on the threads here, but no where close to the oldest on the Jane's boards and I've still been around for 15-20 years. I think I have 5% of all posts here too, and 90% of that is NBA :lol:
Yeah thru out the years I have been around for 15 or so years as well, I actually do not frequent many boards that are not music gear related but the Jane's ones were always fun for me

nausearockpig

#25 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:26 am

Huzzah!