Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#851 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Just watched it now!

Wasn 't this supposed to be a non spoiler thread?

Wasn 't there a spoiler/speculation thread

perkana

#852 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Mescal, it's Tuesday, you had Sunday, Monday to watch the episode. Check this thread when you have actually watched the show. And well, juana didn't say much, shit happens all the time :lol:

Mescal

#853 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Ok then.

Jamie's not dead!

Mescal

#854 Post by Mescal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:29 pm

And what was the thing with Olenna?

How come the Lannisters could take over Highgarden and kill Olenna so easily?

perkana

#855 Post by perkana » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 pm

I just saw it as Cersei's revenge. They weren't expecting them there, they (Danny's allies) thought the Lannisters would be at Casterly Rock.
Changing subject, I usually enjoy watching Funny or Die's Gay of Thrones recap afterwards but I just found out about "Game of Jones" (Leslie Jones). The latest sketch is hilarious...

Xizen47

#856 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:54 am

Mescal wrote:How come the Lannisters could take over Highgarden and kill Olenna so easily?
Randyll Tarly (Sams dad, and the General of the Tyrell army) has betrayed his oath to Tyrell and sided with the Lanisters.

Mescal

#857 Post by Mescal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 am

And who tipped the Lannisters off that Daenarys was gonna attack casterly rock?

Juana

#858 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Mescal wrote:And who tipped the Lannisters off that Daenarys was gonna attack casterly rock?
My bet is Varys

perkana

#859 Post by perkana » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:37 pm

To be honest, I hadn't noticed this. If it's a nod to Lady Stoneheart, that would be cool since they chose to cut the character in the show.

Mescal

#860 Post by Mescal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Juana wrote:
Mescal wrote:And who tipped the Lannisters off that Daenarys was gonna attack casterly rock?
My bet is Varys

Ah, so this isn't really known?

Why Varis? What's in it for him? More power?

perkana

#861 Post by perkana » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 pm

It's the game of thrones, baby! Everyone is playing it.

Juana

#862 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:02 am

Mescal wrote:
Juana wrote:
My bet is Varys

Ah, so this isn't really known?

Why Varis? What's in it for him? More power?
She's already suspicious of him and he tried on a couple of occasions to have Dany killed so I can see him playing both sides

crater

#863 Post by crater » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:33 am

As much as I love elements of this season, they have really been fucking up by having so many things happen so quickly and without the time to go into greater detail it just comes across as rushed. Previous seasons allowed for characters to have long interactions with each other, where as this season you get characters meeting up for the first time or meeting again after many years and they each get 3 lines of dialog, if that, before it's on to the next scene. Characters are traveling all over the place and nothing is shown with any of that. It's aggravating to me.

perkana

#864 Post by perkana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Episode 5 has to be one of my favorite episodes if not MY all time favorite. I have to disagree with you crater. Everything is aligning itself for the big fight. I guess since the books are like that (leaving a few characters during some books and then coming back to them way later, you get used to that).
P.S. Not even in the books we know about Benjen nor Gendry, so it's kinda exhilarating to know about them on the show.

JOEinPHX

#865 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:46 pm

crater wrote:As much as I love elements of this season, they have really been fucking up by having so many things happen so quickly and without the time to go into greater detail it just comes across as rushed. Previous seasons allowed for characters to have long interactions with each other, where as this season you get characters meeting up for the first time or meeting again after many years and they each get 3 lines of dialog, if that, before it's on to the next scene. Characters are traveling all over the place and nothing is shown with any of that. It's aggravating to me.
We've had 7 years of that.

That's kind of what this show is, and has to be, with so many characters important to the story.

I'm loving this season. I'm just aggravated that it's so damn short.

perkana

#866 Post by perkana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
crater wrote:As much as I love elements of this season, they have really been fucking up by having so many things happen so quickly and without the time to go into greater detail it just comes across as rushed. Previous seasons allowed for characters to have long interactions with each other, where as this season you get characters meeting up for the first time or meeting again after many years and they each get 3 lines of dialog, if that, before it's on to the next scene. Characters are traveling all over the place and nothing is shown with any of that. It's aggravating to me.

That's kind of what this show is, and has to be, with so many characters important to the story.

My only advice to know more details about the characters would be to read the books :thumb:

perkana

#867 Post by perkana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm

I just want to know about Rhaegar's marriage annulment. So he did marry Lyanna Stark and Jon Snow is definitely not a bastard (not that I care).

creep
Site Admin

#868 Post by creep » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 pm

By the way their plan they came up with is probably the dumbest plan ever.

perkana

#869 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 am

Whatever, you get the whole suicide squad together.
For me the only dumbest people have been the Lannisters with their own zombie (ok not real zombie but you get it) and their evil doctor making the (failed) dragon slaying weapon. And now a baby coming? I'm very disappointed.

Xizen47

#870 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 am

creep wrote:By the way their plan they came up with is probably the dumbest plan ever.
There was a lot of dumb in that episode, it rivals that Jamie and Bron in Dorne episode

Tyrion and Davos "sneaking" in to Kings Landing (a city preparing to be attacked) :dunce:

JOEinPHX

#871 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 am

perkana wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

My only advice to know more details about the characters would be to read the books :thumb:

Never going to happen.

My imagination is not even a fraction as good as HBO's budget.

JOEinPHX

#872 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:56 am

perkana wrote:I just want to know about Rhaegar's marriage annulment. So he did marry Lyanna Stark and Jon Snow is definitely not a bastard (not that I care).
Now he has a legitimate claim to the throne, which means he and Khaleesi will get hitched and rule together.

JOEinPHX

#873 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 am

Xizen47 wrote:
creep wrote:By the way their plan they came up with is probably the dumbest plan ever.
There was a lot of dumb in that episode, it rivals that Jamie and Bron in Dorne episode

Tyrion and Davos "sneaking" in to Kings Landing (a city preparing to be attacked) :dunce:
Agreed. That was silly.

perkana

#874 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
perkana wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:

Never going to happen.

My imagination is not even a fraction as good as HBO's budget.
:lol:
That comment was directed more at crater...It's just too many characters for such little time. I wouldn't mind if they started making movies instead.

perkana

#875 Post by perkana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Xizen47 wrote:

Agreed. That was silly.
Second time I watched the episode I found it funny that Tyrion didn't even try to hide behind a rock or something :lol:
But it was hot to watch Gendry using his hammer to smash skulls :cool: