What's annoying you today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
Pandemonium

Re: What's annoying you today?

#4851 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:28 pm

So just a while ago I was going to use the BBQ to grill a couple steaks for dinner tonight. I lift open the lid to fire it up and a fucking *big* mouse jumps out off the grill and takes off into the ivy growing on my back yard wall. It would have made a great YouTube vid if someone was filming it. I think I screamed like a little girl.

BTW, my wife decided to make meatloaf in the oven instead. I'm probably going shopping for at least new grills if not a whole new BBQ Sunday.

Larry B.

#4852 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 am

Pandemonium wrote:So just a while ago I was going to use the BBQ to grill a couple steaks for dinner tonight. I lift open the lid to fire it up and a fucking *big* mouse jumps out off the grill and takes off into the ivy growing on my back yard wall. It would have made a great YouTube vid if someone was filming it. I think I screamed like a little girl.

BTW, my wife decided to make meatloaf in the oven instead. I'm probably going shopping for at least new grills if not a whole new BBQ Sunday.
That's fucking unnerving.

I can't remember whether I already told this story, but we had mice in our flat in Edinburgh. To be fair, everyone has. We had a bit of a battle for two or three months with them, until we finally reached a peace agreement. They were allowed to reach the top of the washing machine (that was in the kitchen) and have a shit there, but they weren't allowed to actually touch the floor of our house. In return, we didn't make bigger efforts to kill them all, and we had to use shoes inside the house. They had one casualty (we set one of them up and my wife fucking stepped on it, it was one of the most adrenaline-intense moments of our life together. My legs were shaking, because I was the one who was suppossed to kill it, but the little shit went running towards my wife instead, so she smashed it. Thankfully, the mouse died instantly, and my wife was left scarred for life. And I had to clean up the mess.

crater

#4853 Post by crater » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:30 pm

I went grocery shopping last night and while doing that picked up some new deodorant.

Well I went to use the new deodorant this morning and when I popped the top off I saw a bunch of hair all over it. Someone had used it in the store before I bought it!

Who the hell does something like that? :no:

Artemis

#4854 Post by Artemis » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Spent the day in the hospital.Got an early morning call from the hospital Emerg department, informing me that my mother was there. Last night around 11pm or so, she fell and couldn't get up(just like in those Medic Alert tv commercials). She spent a few hours on the floor trying to get up or at least crawl to the telephone but wasn't able to. Luckily, the windows were open and one of her neighbours heard her shouts for help and called 911. Good thing for my mother that the neighbour is a heavy smoker and usually gets up in the night to go outside for a smoke. Anyway, no broken bones or fractures. Her blood work and urine looked good but they are going to keep her for a few days to check her out, I talked to a geriatric nurse and social worker about getting some home care assistance and info about retirement residences/assisted living. I think the time has come for my mom to make the decision to sell her house and move to condo or apartment.

Larry B.

#4855 Post by Larry B. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:45 pm

:( That sucks, Artemis. I'm glad she was found to be at least physically fine. It mustn't be easy for you, so a big hug from here.

SR

#4856 Post by SR » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:47 am

x2 here Arty. Not sure how ambulatory your mom is, but this is a most difficult situation (displacing a parent) with instantaneously and constantly evolving particulars that are just depleting for all. Strength to all involved.

chaos

#4857 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:36 am

I am sorry to hear this Artemis. Hopefully the home care assistance will take some of the pressure off as both of you try to figure out how to move forward. :gh:

Artemis

#4858 Post by Artemis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks, guys!
My mother is in less pain, thanks to the hydromorphone. She's still having trouble moving, but seems a little better.The CT scan is supposed to be done today, which should show what the problem is.

On the funny side, my mom's hospital roommate is an old Italian lady who keeps shouting, "Madonne! Elp me, I Godda paint!" I think she's saying, "I got pain! :lol:

Juana

#4859 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 am

Artemis wrote:Thanks, guys!
My mother is in less pain, thanks to the hydromorphone. She's still having trouble moving, but seems a little better.The CT scan is supposed to be done today, which should show what the problem is.

On the funny side, my mom's hospital roommate is an old Italian lady who keeps shouting, "Madonne! Elp me, I Godda paint!" I think she's saying, "I got pain! :lol:
That's good she's in less pain, I hope the CT scan tells you guys whats wrong and how to fix/treat it.

creep
Site Admin

#4860 Post by creep » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:01 am

I will be in the worst possible spot for the eclipse. It will only be 58%.

If I was home it would have been 79%.

perkana

#4861 Post by perkana » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 am

The only grandparent I have left is dying...It has been getting worse since Monday. She would have turned 95 this year, but I don't think she's going to make it to her birthday :sad:

kv

#4862 Post by kv » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm sorry Perk

For me my dog had a cough took him to the vet...enlarged heart, 5.5-6 heart murmur and in full congestive heart failure....basically "your dog is fucked, now give us a grand and go home"

Fuuuuck

On top of that I was just dialing in my vacation plans to go back east so that's off now...at least I hadn't bought my plane tix

I had just dodged a huge breast cancer scare with my mom a couple weeks back that turned out to be a fluid filled cyst

Fuck we all go through it...sometimes life just comes too fast...just couched up with my pup trying not to ball like a baby

Larry B.

#4863 Post by Larry B. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Sorry, man... this shit sucks.

chaos

#4864 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:19 pm

@kv I'm glad things worked out for your mom.
Sorry about your dog; that's rough. You have been very good to him. :gh:

Artemis

#4865 Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 pm

I should just copy what chaos said because I want to say the exact same thing.

Good news about your ma, glad it wasn't the 'C'. Sorry to hear about your pooch, sucks. :gh:

kv

#4866 Post by kv » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:24 am

Thank you for the kind words folks...

I tend to keep my private life...well...private around here...i mostly just bullshit about the little things...crazy to think I've been here before I even had the dog...time flys

wally

#4867 Post by wally » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm

My grandmother passed away this morning.
It was time but it still stings.

Larry B.

#4868 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Sorry to hear that, Wally. Big hug from across the globe.

chaos

#4869 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 pm

@ wally My condolences. :gh:
My maternal grandparents were more like parents to me. They owned a two-family house and we lived downstairs from them. When I was little I didn't realize this type of setup wasn't the norm until I made friends who had to travel (across town! :lol: ) to see their grandparents.

Artemis

#4870 Post by Artemis » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:24 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, wally. My condolences to you.. :gh

My grandparents were gone before I was born. You're fortunate to have had a relationship with your grandmother;cherish the memories.

SR

#4871 Post by SR » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:38 am

Ah, Wally....Sorry. From experience, I usually advise that when confronted with loss close in the family and the heart to take care of the immediate tasks but to not ignore oneself thereafter. Best.

wally

#4872 Post by wally » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks to all of you for the kind words.

kv

#4873 Post by kv » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Sorry Wally...chin up bud

Wow this thread sucks lately eh?

Let's get back to every day annoying...like traffic sucked or my neighbor is too loud.... geez

wally

#4874 Post by wally » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:24 pm

kv wrote:Sorry Wally...chin up bud

Let's get back to every day annoying...like traffic sucked or my neighbor is too loud.... geez
yeah getting old sucks. reminds me of this song..

you're right though, so...
On sunday night I was eating some hard candy and popped a crown off.
There goes 1200 bucks.
:wave: :balls:

perkana

#4875 Post by perkana » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm

kv wrote:Sorry Wally...chin up bud

Like an 8.1 earthquake? I'm still a bit in shock. The moment you come home and 3 days later, wham bam, welcome back.