What made your day today?

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction

Re: What made your day today?

Postby kv » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:19 pm

I closed escrow on my house today...finally got off my ass and sold it.

It's bittersweet in a way, it is the first and only place I ever had on my own...I moved in with my best friend when we were 22 year old kids...I later bought it from my landlord and have lived there for 25 years...a fucking shit ton of memories in that old house
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6826
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: What made your day today?

Postby creep » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:11 pm

kv wrote:I closed escrow on my house today...finally got off my ass and sold it.

It's bittersweet in a way, it is the first and only place I ever had on my own...I moved in with my best friend when we were 22 year old kids...I later bought it from my landlord and have lived there for 25 years...a fucking shit ton of memories in that old house


Are you going to move out of state?

You have to buy something dumb with that big fat deposit in your account you just got. Jet Ski? Range Rover? Harley? boat? big fat gold chain? Rolex???
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: What made your day today?

Postby Larry B. » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:12 pm

ANR servers and bandwidth for 100,000 years.
User avatar
Larry B.
 
Posts: 6669
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Back in Santiago.

Re: What made your day today?

Postby kv » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Staying in So Cal...Idaho? maybe one day but super back burner now...Stoked to be staying
User avatar
kv
 
Posts: 6826
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: What made your day today?

Postby Juana » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm

kv wrote:I closed escrow on my house today...finally got off my ass and sold it.

It's bittersweet in a way, it is the first and only place I ever had on my own...I moved in with my best friend when we were 22 year old kids...I later bought it from my landlord and have lived there for 25 years...a fucking shit ton of memories in that old house


Still waiting to get that feeling with my Big Sur property, though I chose to settle in the ATX area namely because it has everything I want (except beach but a rad surf park) and 1/3rd the price
Juana
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby perkana » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:24 am

When you thought you've lost a confirmation e-mail you need to collect a rhcp ticket for next week, only to have it resent to you twice (once by myself and by the ticket company Songkick).
I thought I would skip the show, but fuck it. I need a good time after a fucking shitty year.
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby SR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 am

perkana wrote:When you thought you've lost a confirmation e-mail you need to collect a rhcp ticket for next week, only to have it resent to you twice (once by myself and by the ticket company Songkick).
I thought I would skip the show, but fuck it. I need a good time after a fucking shitty year.
Hope you enjoy it....I always keep up with RHCP....the set lists this tour seem unbelievably thin; I know AK is dealing with some very serious health issues with Blackie....and they are much older, lol. Look forward to a report
User avatar
SR
 
Posts: 6161
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby Juana » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 pm

Jaime and Mike hooked it up and I got to watch RTJ from the side of the stage
Juana
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby crater » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:37 pm

After 38,000 hands, I finally got one :rockon:

Image
User avatar
crater
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Bear Island

Re: What made your day today?

Postby Mescal » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Does that mean you won $154.000?
User avatar
Mescal
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: What made your day today?

Postby perkana » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:27 am

SR wrote:
perkana wrote:When you thought you've lost a confirmation e-mail you need to collect a rhcp ticket for next week, only to have it resent to you twice (once by myself and by the ticket company Songkick).
I thought I would skip the show, but fuck it. I need a good time after a fucking shitty year.
Hope you enjoy it....I always keep up with RHCP....the set lists this tour seem unbelievably thin; I know AK is dealing with some very serious health issues with Blackie....and they are much older, lol. Look forward to a report

I'm not going after all due to an asthma attack :mad:
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby crater » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Mescal wrote:Does that mean you won $154.000?


I think I only won $4,000 on that hand. If you're asking if the money is real, I wish it was. If it was I would have over 100 million in my bank account right now :lolol:
User avatar
crater
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Bear Island

Re: What made your day today?

Postby wally » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am

we had the slowest internet at my work forever. today we finally got it upgraded. holy shit! gifs are animated! who knew?!
wally
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:33 am

Re: What made your day today?

Postby creep » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:49 pm

First time in Mexico for an extended time. I have been to Tijuana and Ensanada before but that doesn't really count. Cancun is really nice.
Attachments
pool.jpg
pool.jpg (334.47 KiB) Viewed 129 times
beach.jpg
beach.jpg (211.71 KiB) Viewed 129 times
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: What made your day today?

Postby Artemis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Looks really nice there, creep! Are you there for vacay or work or a bit of both?
User avatar
Artemis
 
Posts: 8149
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What made your day today?

Postby creep » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Artemis wrote:Looks really nice there, creep! Are you there for vacay or work or a bit of both?


Vacation....I'm not traveling for work anymore. Just using hotel points and airline miles.
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: What made your day today?

Postby nausearockpig » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

looks awesome. meeting a certain someone?
User avatar
nausearockpig
 
Posts: 3525
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby creep » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:51 pm

nausearockpig wrote:looks awesome. meeting a certain someone?


Yes...Perkana and I are on our pre-engagement celebration. No offense to my beautiful fiancee but there are some beautiful women here. :boobs:
creep
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9120
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:51 am

Re: What made your day today?

Postby perkana » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeah, I renember last time I was there. A lot of European dudes instead of the usual old American and Canadians. Enjoy! :cool:
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: What made your day today?

Postby perkana » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm finally back home after almost 2 months away. I was a bit nervous to find my apartment wrecked (I wasn't here during the sept. 19 earthquake), but I'm happy to say that it survived. Just a few plates and cups fell down, but nothing was broken. Now I'm just getting psyched about this weekend not only am I going to see The Shins finally, I'm also looking forward to PJ Harvey, Foo Fighters, Andrew W.K. and, why not, Green Day, too.
P.S. Japandroids are playing tomorrow. I don't think I've listened to them before, but I've heard positive reviews.
User avatar
perkana
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests