NFL

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
creep
Site Admin

Re: NFL

#2676 Post by creep » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Is there any 'fierce' rivalry between NFL fans? What I mean is enough to cause trouble. Everyone knows the trouble we have between fans over here, I was just wondering if there was much hatred between certain teams in the states?

LA Rams and Raiders in the 80's? Jets and Giants? That kind of thing. Or does everyone get on?
The Eagles vs Cowboys and Packers vs Bears are probably the biggest. Nothing gets too crazy in the NFL. As a 49er fan some of the best rivalries we had when we were good were vs the Cowboys and the Seahawks. It's always fun to talk shit about the Raiders and their fans.

mockbee

#2677 Post by mockbee » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:52 pm

creep wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:Is there any 'fierce' rivalry between NFL fans? What I mean is enough to cause trouble. Everyone knows the trouble we have between fans over here, I was just wondering if there was much hatred between certain teams in the states?

LA Rams and Raiders in the 80's? Jets and Giants? That kind of thing. Or does everyone get on?
The Eagles vs Cowboys and Packers vs Bears are probably the biggest. Nothing gets too crazy in the NFL. As a 49er fan some of the best rivalries we had when we were good were vs the Cowboys and the Seahawks. It's always fun to talk shit about the Raiders and their fans.
I think what he meant was more along the lines of assaults and shootings due to fan affiliations at "rivalry" games. :noclue:

So yeah, 49ers/Raiders is a thing, but they hardly play each other because they are in different leagues.
Rivalries are embedded in the fabric of sports.

But sometimes rivalries transcend the boundaries of the playing field and go to a much darker place.

After Saturday night's preseason game between the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders at Candlestick Park, two men were shot outside the stadium and one man was beaten unconscious in one of the stadium's bathrooms.

Because of this, Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury-News is reporting that an NFL source has told him the 49ers and Raiders will discontinue their exhibition games from here on out.

At the time of the incident, one man donning an anti-49ers T-shirt was deemed to be in critical condition after getting shot "two to four" times in the stomach. The only reason he has been upgraded to fair condition is because he was able to drive his truck to security and stumble out onto the pavement.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8157 ... on-rivalry

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2678 Post by Hokahey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:01 pm

I've been to over 50 NFL games, and I've seen fights at most of them. As I've upgraded to better and better seats I see fewer of them, but things get pretty dicey in the nosebleeds, especially during divisional games.

As much as I love to tailgate, people get absolutely shit bombed before walking in to the stadium. I honestly wish the NFL did a better job of dealing with grossly intoxicated fans. No entry if you're obviously piss drunk, and ejected for the same.

kv

#2679 Post by kv » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:57 pm

But those drunk people are where they make their money selling 10-20 dollar beers

Crazy first round...I wanted 1 of 5 players...3 of the players were left by the bolts pick...Then me drafted somebody else... I'm ok with the pick I guess :noclue: sure wish the vikes had a pick today but the vikes had to trade for.Sam Bradford...Oh and Teddy Bridgewater will prob never play for us again...So we lost Peterson and Bridgewater... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gogo round 2 and 3 tomorrow!

creep
Site Admin

#2680 Post by creep » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:57 am

Jerome Bettis sighting in the Philadelphia airport along with a creeper pic taken.
Attachments
tmp_23320-IMG_20170428_0752008981015589885.jpg
tmp_23320-IMG_20170428_0752008981015589885.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 7596 times

SR

#2681 Post by SR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:47 am

Hokahey wrote:I've been to over 50 NFL games, and I've seen fights at most of them. As I've upgraded to better and better seats I see fewer of them, but things get pretty dicey in the nosebleeds, especially during divisional games.
That's pathetic. I don't do football games. I don't do gatherings of over Staples Center size though. A few years ago I went to a Dodger game. For years, we made a point to go to a game or two a year in the bleachers. I think they had begun to sell beer again out there, but it was a fucking mess. Drunks screaming obscenities and intimidating people wearing opposing gear.....kids and families everywhere....just repulsive. Between the complete price gouging that this team's payroll requires, the antiquated and inflexible nature of baseballs' culture, the fan/thug/murderous on site stadium mentality, I seriously don't give a flying fuck about that team anymore. Sucks for the kids.

MicrowavedGerbil

#2682 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Totally forgot about the NFL thread. Fuck Dallas, Pissed off my Giants were ass last week. Still hot that division on our hands...

Where my giant fans at?

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2683 Post by Hokahey » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:17 am

Im off to Arrowhead to get the grill going. Took a stadium tour yesterday. It was a lot of fun. The Chiefs org is top notch. Night and day difference from the Rams. It's like going from a high school team to a pro team.

MicrowavedGerbil

#2684 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Hokahey wrote:Im off to Arrowhead to get the grill going. Took a stadium tour yesterday. It was a lot of fun. The Chiefs org is top notch. Night and day difference from the Rams. It's like going from a high school team to a pro team.
Thanks for the win over Eagles chiefs lol
From Los Angeles so I've never had a Chance to see my giants live.. Hopefully we get an LA game on the road next year.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2685 Post by Hokahey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 am

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Hokahey wrote:Im off to Arrowhead to get the grill going. Took a stadium tour yesterday. It was a lot of fun. The Chiefs org is top notch. Night and day difference from the Rams. It's like going from a high school team to a pro team.
From Los Angeles so I've never had a Chance to see my giants live.. Hopefully we get an LA game on the road next year.
Great game. We had a ton of fun. And color me shocked that an LA football fan isn't rooting for the Rams or Chargers. :lol:

MicrowavedGerbil

#2686 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Hokahey wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Great game. We had a ton of fun. And color me shocked that an LA football fan isn't rooting for the Rams or Chargers. :lol:

I became a New York Giants fans before Rams and chargers relocated here..I'd admit though, if the Rams came a little sooner, I would have been a rams fan.. But Big Blue has my heart.. Its just one of those cases..there aren't many Gmen around here..not that I know of..so much Dallas and raiders here.

blackula

#2687 Post by blackula » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 pm

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:

I became a New York Giants fans before Rams and chargers relocated here..I'd admit though, if the Rams came a little sooner, I would have been a rams fan.. But Big Blue has my heart.. Its just one of those cases..there aren't many Gmen around here..not that I know of..so much Dallas and raiders here.
Are you watching this garbage offense tonight? No fucking O-line at all

MicrowavedGerbil

#2688 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm

blackula wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
MicrowavedGerbil wrote:

Are you watching this garbage offense tonight? No fucking O-line at all
Ben McaNOPE also refuses to address the issue. Flowers is bad. Very bad. Yet refuses to get him help with a TE or RB.. Proceeds to call plays with the same five men pass blocking..he's a trash play caller. 0-3 against eagles

blackula

#2689 Post by blackula » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Ben McaNOPE also refuses to address the issue. Flowers is bad. Very bad. Yet refuses to get him help with a TE or RB.. Proceeds to call plays with the same five men pass blocking..he's a trash play caller. 0-3 against eagles[/quote]

And....he fucking calls out Eli??? Eli was not part of the problem. That shitty O line and Brandon Marshal's big 4th quarter drop that led to a returned punt lost that game! And his shit play calling. 4th and goal on the 2, down by 10, plenty of time left (especially with Giants D) and no running game.....Eli saved him by getting that delay of game! They were not going to get in, should've gone for the 3, he can talk shit about Eli in that spot but Eli saved him.

I'm taking a trip to Denver in October with some friends and we're going to the Sunday night Giants/Broncos game. Prediction: Giants O line vs. Broncos pass rush = last game of Eli's 200 or whatever consecutive starts.

MicrowavedGerbil

#2690 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm

No one can be as pissed off as I am. I live with a Dallas cowgirl fan..and we don't get along at all..so you can imagine him bragging and laughing his ass off when giants lost week 1 and 2..

Beckham won't wanna sign with us after this display of trash coaching and management..

Also, as for calling him out.. No shame what soever... Like if his sorry ass being boo'd out of the half wasn't a clear indication of his inability to call plays.

MicrowavedGerbil

#2691 Post by MicrowavedGerbil » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Are you watching this garbage offense tonight? No fucking O-line at all[/quote]

McAdoo just stated that he has no interest I'm benching flowers. " Absolutely flowers will start at left tackle" on if he plans to play him this Sunday against Philly. :banghead:

clickie

#2692 Post by clickie » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:49 pm

RIP Y.A. Tittle. Some people call this the greatest sports photo ever

In other news Bears goin with their 30th quarterback in the last 25 years. Hope Trubisky lights em' up

blackula

#2693 Post by blackula » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:11 pm

MicrowavedGerbil wrote:Are you watching this garbage offense tonight? No fucking O-line at all
McAdoo just stated that he has no interest I'm benching flowers. " Absolutely flowers will start at left tackle" on if he plans to play him this Sunday against Philly. :banghead:[/quote]

And the nail is officially in the coffin! To have a successful 2018:
-they won’t do it, they love stability, but fire GM and HC
-trade OBJ. He’s a whiny, me first, arrogant shithead. (I was saying this pre injury too). Yeah, he’s exciting, but he’s a head case and what makes him special will continue to lead to injuries like this.
-they’ll have a top 5 pick, draft a QB. Eli’s got a few more years but plan ahead
-spend money on O line and get back a lineman and receiver in OBJ trade
-D is fine, Spags is fine, they just spent 80% of the 1st 2 games on the field.

Next year will be the first time ever a 1 win team makes a deep playoff run

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2694 Post by Hokahey » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:52 pm

I picked a great time to go back to my childhood team. I find it funny reading how this is the best Chiefs team since the early nineties, which is when I was last a fan.

Juana

#2695 Post by Juana » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 am

Hokahey wrote:I picked a great time to go back to my childhood team. I find it funny reading how this is the best Chiefs team since the early nineties, which is when I was last a fan.
You will always be a Rams fan to me :nod:

J/K its always cool to go back to the childhood sports teams especially when they actually seem well run. I always thought Reid got fucked in Philly so I hope he does well

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2696 Post by Hokahey » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Juana wrote:
Hokahey wrote:I picked a great time to go back to my childhood team. I find it funny reading how this is the best Chiefs team since the early nineties, which is when I was last a fan.

J/K its always cool to go back to the childhood sports teams especially when they actually seem well run. I always thought Reid got fucked in Philly so I hope he does well
The Chiefs org is phenomenal. It's ridiculous how much more professional they are than the Rams. Kroenke is such a shit owner. We went on an Arrowhead stadium tour a few weeks ago and I was blown away. Monday Night Football last week was incredible. The stadium staff are really great and the game day presentation is second to none. I've now attended the last three Chiefs home games minus pre-season. Arrowhead is addicting. Tailgating is just such a blast.

Juana

#2697 Post by Juana » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:36 am

Hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:

The Chiefs org is phenomenal. It's ridiculous how much more professional they are than the Rams. Kroenke is such a shit owner. We went on an Arrowhead stadium tour a few weeks ago and I was blown away. Monday Night Football last week was incredible. The stadium staff are really great and the game day presentation is second to none. I've now attended the last three Chiefs home games minus pre-season. Arrowhead is addicting. Tailgating is just such a blast.
Keep in mind I live in the BBQ capital of the world according to some but I bet that tail gating is next level BBQ

Hokahey
Site Admin

#2698 Post by Hokahey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Juana wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:

Keep in mind I live in the BBQ capital of the world according to some but I bet that tail gating is next level BBQ
I grill some mean BBQ.

kv

#2699 Post by kv » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Vikings!!! NFC North Champs!!1!

Juana

#2700 Post by Juana » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:
Hokahey wrote:
Juana wrote:

I grill some mean BBQ.

I do not doubt that, I think like Hype and I talked about in the grilling thread that a lot of people can make some amazing stuff at home. I mean going to well known places is one thing but learning how to make it yourself is far better