Kind Heaven - The Definitive Pitch (via quotes)

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Larry B.

Kind Heaven - The Definitive Pitch (via quotes)

#1 Post by Larry B. » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 pm

Rolling Stone, Nov 2013 wrote:While there Rolling Stone caught up with Farrell about the difficulty of keeping a band together, his new project Kind Heaven and why he's serious about the dance world.

(Perry) Kind Heaven is my project and it’s a dance project. I worked with Joachim Garraud, myself and Etty [Lau Farrell, his wife] and Zeds Dead did a track, this young kid. I’ve got tracks from a couple of other producers, but most of it’s been done by Jochaim and it’s going to be in Las Vegas, immersive theater, a musical. It’s something you’ve never seen.

Hopefully it will take me eight months to get it going. But it’s pure dance mixed with theater. We’re looking to do it in Vegas and then Etty and I will take it out on the road.

I’m getting into dance right now, I already have like 12 finished tracks. For the next year it’s gonna be Kind Heaven.

I want to work with Deadmau5, I admire him, I want to work with Guy Gerber, Sasha, Richie Hawtin, I want to get fucking serious in that world.
(http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20131101)
Rolling Stone, Jan 2014 wrote:"It's a musical, but it's written with a house sensibility," Farrell says. "If Giorgio Moroder had written a musical, it would sound like this."

Set in southern Thailand, Kind Heaven is, in Farrell’s words, "a love story with a very modern scenario." In a plot set amidst the country’s sex and drug trades, the Thai government brings in soldiers to restore order and subdue insurgents, and the story shifts to a romance between one of the soldiers and a female worker in the region. Together, they retreat to "Kind Heaven," a Buddhist monastery. "That's where they bring the civilians they want to take out of town, and the military holds up and protects the monastery," Farrell says. "It’s completely fictional, but I wouldn’t doubt it for a minute."

Farrell also envisions the show as "immersive": ticketholders will walk through it, making it more like interactive performance art than traditional theater. "It's better than sitting in seats," he says. "The play happens around you."

"I can’t commit to being in Vegas for a residency. I have other things to do, like Lollapalooza." But he and French producer and DJ Joachim Garraud (who’s collaborated with the likes of David Guetta) have written and recorded most of the music. Farrell and his wife Etty Lau Farrell plan to test out the tracks when they hit the DJ circuit soon. It's still unclear when and where the show will be produced (and who will star) and Farrell has yet to sign a deal with a venue in Vegas — but he recently visited the city to inspect potential theaters, including one across the street from a prominent hotel.

Thanks to Kind Heaven, no one should expect to hear from Jane's Addiction for some time. "This is a pretty massive undertaking," Farrell says, "so Jane's Addiction is going to take a hiatus. It’ll be a couple of years before you see Jane’s again."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20140115

(Comment: Actually, between 2014 and 2016, Jane's Addiction performed at least 65 times, according to setlist.fm)
The Baltimore Sun, Sep 2014 wrote:Perry Farrell's big ideas for 'immersive entertainment'

(...)during a phone conversation from the road last week, the 55-year-old Farrell was fully concentrated on his next project, “Kind Heaven.” He described it as both a musical and “immersive entertainment.”

“It's a new platform,” Farrell said. “Just think of a Broadway musical, but there's no seats. The patron walks through the theater and they're entertained ... [by] the actors, the dancers, the musicians, the video, the hologram, the gaming. It's all around you.”

“We're going to write some new material for 'Kind Heaven,' and that new material we could perform at festivals for years to come,” Farrell said.

Already written, “Kind Heaven” is near the end of its fundraising stages, according to Farrell, and the hope is to start the production in Las Vegas next year.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-0 ... -addiction

I had 15 minutes to compile this between the 1st and 2nd halves of a football match, so now I go back to that, which is much better than doing this.

Quick stat: googling ' "perry farrell" "kind heaven" ' shows 706 results. I don't know whether that's a good thing for humanity or if it's really fucking sad.

Eric B.

Re: Kind Heaven - The Definitive Pitch (via quotes)

#2 Post by Eric B. » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Hmmmm, I'd be interested to hear it at least once for sure. You gotta give it to him. He makes it sound kinda interesting. Shame it was bullshit. Maybe there is some stuff made by him and geraud. I'd sure want to hear it. It will probably be bullshit. That 60's space invaders track they did (can't remember what it was called) was total rubbisch, but hey, wouldn't hurt to hear it once. It's not like there's anything else to get excited about.

Sounds like it was in the works, but it never made it tot the finish......but it can also be a total hallucination from his side. Shame we can't take this guy serious anymore.

Eric B.

#3 Post by Eric B. » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Oh, and guess who the asian love interest will be....

Stickyfingers

#4 Post by Stickyfingers » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:33 am

Larry B. wrote: Quick stat: googling ' "perry farrell" "kind heaven" ' shows 706 results. I don't know whether that's a good thing for humanity or if it's really fucking sad.
Perry Farrell kind heaven shows 380,000 results, and yes it's really one the lowest point in human history, should be 706 that's a fact,

just try to googlebombing the "larry B site:aintnoright.org" 473 results,
your life can't have half views of some shitty aborted project in the mind of Perry.

Larry B.

#5 Post by Larry B. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:36 am

Stickyfingers wrote:
Larry B. wrote: Quick stat: googling ' "perry farrell" "kind heaven" ' shows 706 results. I don't know whether that's a good thing for humanity or if it's really fucking sad.
Perry Farrell kind heaven shows 380,000 results, and yes it's really one the lowest point in human history, should be 706 that's a fact,

just try to googlebombing the "larry B site:aintnoright.org" 473 results,
your life can't have half view of some shitty aborted project in the mind of Perry.
That has got to be one of the lamest comebacks in the history of the JA community, and that's saying something.

Stickyfingers

#6 Post by Stickyfingers » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:11 am

Larry B. wrote: That has got to be one of the lamest comebacks in the history of the JA community, and that's saying something.
Larry be good, just don't open new threads when you can use search function...

http://aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3131

We know Perry is complete out of reality, look you can post this video where Perry talk about party on different planets with the jetsons...

or Enit Festivals interview where he want invite aliens to play...

I just ask you to be creative, and improve the quality of your posts, I know you have quality and you can do better :thumb:

Larry B.

#7 Post by Larry B. » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:39 am

That was much better.

Mescal

#8 Post by Mescal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:35 am

Larry B. wrote:
Rolling Stone, Nov 2013 wrote:"It's a musical, but it's written with a house sensibility," Farrell says. "If Perry Farrell had written a musical, it would sound like this."

JOEinPHX

#9 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Rolling Stone, Nov 2013 wrote:
I want to work with Deadmau5, I admire him, I want to work with Guy Gerber, Sasha, Richie Hawtin, I want to get fucking serious in that world.
Been a DJ for 20 damn years and still hasn't found a single second of legitimacy.

And has now wasted another 4 years of Jane's Addiction trying to make music that his talentless wife can sing over.

Who the hell are around those 2 telling them to keep pursuing their dream? Their kids?