i've always wondered...

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
jason

Re: i've always wondered...

#26 Post by jason » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 am

dannyboy wrote:I’ve always wah-wah-wah-wah-wondered.

Excuse me. I needed to get that out of my system. I preferred the later track, let’s hear the others!

ill post another one tomorrow..thanks for the feedback fellas

jason

#27 Post by jason » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm

jason wrote:
dannyboy wrote:I’ve always wah-wah-wah-wah-wondered.

Excuse me. I needed to get that out of my system. I preferred the later track, let’s hear the others!

ill post another one tomorrow..thanks for the feedback fellas
so, here's one more track from the same session as "the light" that i posted a couple days ago...totally unmastered, unrealeased and recorded live in our rehearsal studio (well, like i said before, i went back and doubled the guitar track)...it's definitely the most un-Jane's thing we did in my opinion..but you tell me. this was recorded in september of 2012.

https://fountains.bandcamp.com/track/take-away

Pandemonium

#28 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:16 pm

I like that last track best of the bunch. Maybe because it has the least Janes influence and sounds a bit more early 80's goth Southern Death Cult vibe.

jason

#29 Post by jason » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I like that last track best of the bunch. Maybe because it has the least Janes influence and sounds a bit more early 80's goth Southern Death Cult vibe.
yeah, i get that..it always came off pretty nice live too..lotta fun to play..Boss Super Chorus to the max!

Mescal

#30 Post by Mescal » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 am

Yeah, that last song suits your singers voice much better.

Like the comment before; shouldn't have tried to sound like JA so much ... You can incorporate the influence obviously ... But your singer's not Perry, you're not Dave etc ...

I kinda like the last song really

jason

#31 Post by jason » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:26 am

Mescal wrote:Yeah, that last song suits your singers voice much better.

Like the comment before; shouldn't have tried to sound like JA so much ... You can incorporate the influence obviously ... But your singer's not Perry, you're not Dave etc ...

I kinda like the last song really
yeah, i know i know...when i look back at this band, i think the exact same thing..we WERE starting to realize it by the end though...ill post the last song in this batch later today..i kinda like that one too

jason

#32 Post by jason » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am

so, here's the last track in the final round of recording Fountains did back in september of 2012. like i said before about these tracks, they are unmastered and unreleased, you guys are the first to hear them outside of friends. i always liked playing this particular song live 'cause it was fast and furious...check it out and tell me what you guys think. btw, it's been nice revisiting this stuff and posting it where i can easily access it...i always had to look on my laptop for these songs before..so thanks for egging me on! link below:

https://fountains.bandcamp.com/track/xion