Nothing's Shocking turns 30

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
clickie

Re: Nothing's Shocking turns 30

#76 Post by clickie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:33 pm

So what are the Ritual songs that were written before they got signed by Warner Bros? I have forgotten some of these details over the years.

Stickyfingers

#77 Post by Stickyfingers » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:15 pm

clickie wrote:So what are the Ritual songs that were written before they got signed by Warner Bros? I have forgotten some of these details over the years.
They had all ritual songs played in 1987 tour, except Been Caught, Of Course and Obvious.

Probably only Been Caught and Of Course came from RDLH sessions. Obvious should come from early days idea.

A 30+ career (concerts, albums, tours, fame, money...) based on a couple of year of creative work. Not bad.

intertwoven

#78 Post by intertwoven » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Stickyfingers wrote:
clickie wrote:So what are the Ritual songs that were written before they got signed by Warner Bros? I have forgotten some of these details over the years.
They had all ritual songs played in 1987 tour, except Been Caught, Of Course and Obvious.

Probably only Been Caught and Of Course came from RDLH sessions. Obvious should come from early days idea.

A 30+ career (concerts, albums, tours, fame, money...) based on a couple of year of creative work. Not bad.
Yeah, Obvious was played live as far back as Sept '88. BCS and Of Course weren't played live until Ritual was recorded (both debuted at the 7/7/90 Mt. Baldy show, I believe), but were both rough ideas kicking around prior to the sessions.
No One's Leaving, Ted, and Maceo were written in the window between signing to WB and recording NS. I've pimped it here before many times, but the JA recording history I typed up 18 years ago is pretty informative for this stuff: http://defgav.com/sdw/recording/

JOEinPHX

#79 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:05 am

Stickyfingers wrote:

What career?

Career artists keep putting out quality material and playing in-demand tours.

Jane's has been a legacy act playing at 4pm on the festival circuit for damn near 20 years.

erotic cheeses

#80 Post by erotic cheeses » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:Stop it. All of you.

Are you seriously going to rank your favorite songs for the 9000th time? :noclue:
Ha! Absolutely this!

nausearockpig

#81 Post by nausearockpig » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:36 am

erotic cheeses wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:Stop it. All of you.

Are you seriously going to rank your favorite songs for the 9000th time? :noclue:
Ha! Absolutely this!
9001st. Someone should do one of those elimination charts so we can vote on all the songs and watch it get to Then She Did vs Three Days...

Hype

#82 Post by Hype » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:51 am