MetallicA

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Mescal

Re: MetallicA

#76 Post by Mescal » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Looks like I dodged a bullet missing the Palladium show last night. They played a barely 80 minute, 10 song set w/only one new song.

Hardwired
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls + Kirk's guitar solo
Welcome Home Sanitarium
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Master of Puppets
Enter Sandman
Blackened
Seek & Destroy

They also announced the North America stadium tour:

May 10 - Baltimore, MD - M&T Bank Stadium*^
May 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field*^
May 14 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium*^
May 17 - Uniondale, NY - New Coliseum^
May 19 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium ^
May 21 - Columbus, OH - Rock On The Range Festival
June 04 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium^
June 07 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field*^
June 11 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium*^
June 14 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome*
June 16 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium*
June 18 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field*
July 05 - Orlando, FL - Camping World Stadium*^
July 07 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium*^
July 09 - Atlanta, GA - Suntrust Park*^
July 12 - Detroit, MI - Comercia Park*^
July 14 - Quebec City, QC- Festival D'Ete
July 16 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre*^
July 19 - Montreal, QB - Parc Jean-Drapeau*^
July 29 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl*+
August 04 - Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium*+
August 06 - San Diego, CA - Petco Park*+
August 09 - Seattle, WA - Centurylink Field*+
August 14 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place*+
August 16 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium*+

*With AVENGED SEVENFOLD
^With VOLBEAT
+With GOJIRA
Not a bad set list though.

and they didn’t play nothing else matters, so you wouldn’t have had to sit through that

MYXYLPLYX

#77 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:oh metallica

why did you do that lady gaga thing at the grammys?

those extras were really rocking out

ps...nice job not turning on the mic
I hope that wasn't MYXYLPLYX's job, lol. I thought Gaga was decent - the production was embarrassing though.

Also they played Metallica's Master Of Puppets when Megadeth's Dave Mustaine went up for his award. I bet that went over well with him.

Now I wish I made more of an effort to catch the Palladium show tonight.
Nope, I only do local shows, and even then I work more with the band than with the techs.

I DID handle some gear that trucked down for the gig, but mostly rehearsal stuff and definitely no mic's!
:noclue:

Squee

#78 Post by Squee » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:08 am

The web feed had no audio issues... if anyone wants to hear it.
http://sixxsense.iheart.com/articles/ro ... -15558750/

I could hear my son say "d'OH! :essence: " all the way from across the country during the tv performance.
An audio guy's worst nightmare.

MYXYLPLYX glad it wasn't you.
The link says "a stagehand accidentally unplugged" it.
Do they have a road crew for these types of events? Or do they have to use union stagehands provided by the venue since it was a tv production? My brother traveled everywhere with the bands he has worked for,now retired after 28 years as a personal guitar tech, he even worked tv shows when the bands appeared (ie: David Letterman etc), so I was curious if they took anyone with them since you didn't go.

How old are you MYXYLPLYX ? Wondering now if I or my brother might know you from back in the day?
(Old Waldorf, Keystone Berkeley, The Stone, Ruthie's, Gilman, pre "world fame" gigs; or The Omni for Spastic Children incarnations... if not then we might have mutual old friends?

Bandit72

#79 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:56 am

Not really about Metallica but I enjoyed watching and listening to this.

Matz

#80 Post by Matz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:35 am

yeah, I caught that too, my fellow dane is actually pretty coherent here and a good interviewer

SR

#81 Post by SR » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:56 am

Matz wrote:yeah, I caught that too, my fellow dane is actually pretty coherent here and a good interviewer
I have caught Lars in various interviews/openings over the years and against all of my preconceived notions I have had to admit that almost every time I have found him to be engaging, bright, and excellent with divergent types of people.....except in the doc they made where he appeared to be a rat douchebucket. I despise his drumming, but I remember liking his artwork. :noclue:

Matz

#82 Post by Matz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:57 am

SR wrote:
Matz wrote:yeah, I caught that too, my fellow dane is actually pretty coherent here and a good interviewer
I have caught Lars in various interviews/openings over the years and against all of my preconceived notions I have had to admit that almost every time I have found him to be engaging, bright, and excellent with divergent types of people.....except in the doc they made where he appeared to be a rat douchebucket. I despise his drumming, but I remember liking his artwork. :noclue:
You're right, he is a bright and good guy. I was too hard on him, perhaps because of things like the doc and the video below.

Bandit72

#83 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:52 am

£105 to see Metallica, STANDING in the UK next year at a football stadium. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're having a giraffe. What's more annoying is Ghost are supporting and I want to see them. But 105 quid, Christ on a bike, no chance.

SR

#84 Post by SR » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:02 am

I read somewhere recently that they are shilling whiskey now. Really strange for so many reasons....one is a drunk who very publicly addressed the issue and the generational money makes me think they are very bored and in a very distant ivory tower.

clickie

#85 Post by clickie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:26 pm

If I had to chose my favorite Metallica album i'd probably go with Master of Puppets.

dannyboy

#86 Post by dannyboy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:40 am

I think mine would be The Best of Metallica

Pandemonium

#87 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:20 am

Secretly Recorded Phone Call Offers Window Into How Live Nation Helped Metallica and Other Artists Place Tickets Directly on Resale Market

https://www.spin.com/2019/07/secretly-r ... le-market/

Can’t be good PR for Metallica but the latest in decades-long ticket scams by Ticketmaster/LiveNation barely moves the outrage monitor at this point in the game. There's decades of history of managers, promoters, etc finding new ways to scalp their client/band's tickets, especially when it comes to arena and stadium level acts. But now when you have a monopoly like TM/LN able to openly scalp their own tickets through a secondary shell company and new schemes like "dynamic pricing" and crappy VIP packages designed to max the pricing on the best seats with artists openly accepting if not benefiting, it’s difficult to imagine how further corrupt the entire industry can get, but they keep hitting new lows.

Matz

#88 Post by Matz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:19 pm

it's disgusting, they don't feel they're rich enough already? Lars Ulrich is worth 1,4 billion kroner (that's a lot)

Pandemonium

#89 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:19 pm

SR wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:02 am
I read somewhere recently that they are shilling whiskey now. Really strange for so many reasons....one is a drunk who very publicly addressed the issue and the generational money makes me think they are very bored and in a very distant ivory tower.
They just had to cancel the remainder of 2019 shows because James is back in rehab.

SR

#90 Post by SR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:44 am

Yeah, I read the NZ and Aussie leg. Apparently he had been sober for 15 years and has had a rocky road for the last few.

Bandit72

#91 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 am

Check out Beatallica. The Beatles in the style of Metallica :lol: Much better :wink:

First one is Blackened in the USSR :lol: Starts at 1.10 as it's the Blackened intro!

The Thing that should not Let It Be.

creep
Site Admin

#92 Post by creep » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:04 pm

Never been a big Metallica fan but this song seems OK? Sounds like Metallica?

Pandemonium

#93 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:28 am

I like the new tune. Solid, catchy and to the point. It has a very early 80's New Wave Of British Heavy Metal vibe to it. Lars is gonna have a heart attack playing this live. The Metallica forums are pretty funny, there's a huge contingent of posters who are mercilessly ragging on the band and the song.

I like the idea of doing 2 day stands in big markets although stadiums suck. If it was arenas, I'd make it a point to go. The real pisser is Ticketmaster rolling out like a dozen different pre-sales today and you don't know the ticket prices (which of course is astronomical if your want to be anywhere in the same zip code as the stage) until you sit through the Ticketmaster que and pick and purchase your selection.

Artemis

#94 Post by Artemis » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:17 pm

The new song is not bad at all!

A friend if mine posted on FB that he got tickets for the Montreal shows in August. He paid $115 (CDN) per ticket which is good for both nights. Sounds pretty good to me. He likely got general admission at that price.

Bandit72

#95 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:18 am

I'm bored of Metallica :lolol:

The single's OK, it's got some catch to it. It's just nothing really new from them and far too well produced.

They're playing two nights at Download with two different set lists. That's a bit shit I think. Would much rather have another band take up one of those slots.

Tyler Durden

#96 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:46 am

I want to like Metallica…or feel like I should, but I’ve just never “got” them. I became familiar with them around 1987-88. Never listened to their albums (including the much revered first three or four). Am I really missing anything?

I found them too “macho” or alpha wannabe. And it’s ironic because I love Danzig. But unlike Metallica, I feel like his music appeals to more women than theirs; he definitely has a significant female faction in his audience.

Mescal

#97 Post by Mescal » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:40 am

Funny, I've been on a Metallica trip these last few weeks.

Not taking into acount what they've turned into .... those 4 first albums kick some serious ass.

I'm not the biggest fan, but sure enjoy those albums

Bandit72

#98 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:18 am

FFS, couldn't Lars have done this himself? @50seconds

clickie

#99 Post by clickie » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:54 am

I always thought this song was cool.

Bandit72

#100 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:12 am