PERRY FARRELL Signs With BMG For New Solo Album, 'Kind Heaven'

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: PERRY FARRELL Signs With BMG For New Solo Album, 'Kind Heaven'

#51 Post by Hokahey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:23 pm
"Perry Farrell's new Kind Heaven Orchestra will feature current and former members of Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Jane's Addiction"
Saying that Matt Chamberlain was in Soundgarden or Pearl Jam is like saying that Eric Avery was in Nine Inch Nails.

I guess "Session drummer and member of Edie Brickell and New Bohemians" doesn't get eyes on the article though. :lol:
Chamberlain was the drummer on PJs biggest album. I think it's fair.

SR

#52 Post by SR » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 am

Six7Six7 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 pm
SR wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 am
Massive backing, highly respected players, and an elite producer. None of it makes sense, at all.
He has money.
:confused: So what. And they have ears

Mescal

#53 Post by Mescal » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:07 pm

as well as Farrell’s wife, Etty, on vocals

This makes me laugh and makes me cry

So, does Perry pay the reporter to get Etty's name in the article.

Who can take these people seriously?

JOEinPHX

#54 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:
"Perry Farrell's new Kind Heaven Orchestra will feature current and former members of Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Jane's Addiction"
Saying that Matt Chamberlain was in Soundgarden or Pearl Jam is like saying that Eric Avery was in Nine Inch Nails.

I guess "Session drummer and member of Edie Brickell and New Bohemians" doesn't get eyes on the article though. :lol:
Ten was Pearl Jam's biggest album.

And Dave Krusen was the drummer on that album. Which is why Dave Krusen was inducted into the Hall of Fame with the band.

Chamberlain filled in for a short van tour after the album release, appeared in one music video, and then left when they picked up Dave Abruzzesse as their permanent drummer.

JOEinPHX

#55 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 pm

SR wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 am
Six7Six7 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 pm
SR wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 am
Massive backing, highly respected players, and an elite producer. None of it makes sense, at all.
He has money.
:confused: So what. And they have ears
Bob Ezrin has ears and Strays is what we got out of it. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#56 Post by Hokahey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:37 pm
Hokahey wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:

Ten was Pearl Jam's biggest album.

And Dave Krusen was the drummer on that album. Which is why Dave Krusen was inducted into the Hall of Fame with the band.

Chamberlain filled in for a short van tour after the album release, appeared in one music video, and then left when they picked up Dave Abruzzesse as their permanent drummer.
Whoops. I knew that.

JOEinPHX

#57 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm

So Chamberlain filled in for PJ, and then 18 other bands, and then filled in for Soundgarden, and NOW is filling in for Stephen Perkins, who said "fuck that shit" :lol:

dannyboy

#58 Post by dannyboy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:31 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 pm
Six7Six7 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:32 pm
If you want to hear it the way it's supposed to be, go to the show. Because I guarantee within 6 months they will just be a Jane's Addiction cover band.
Oh, I know...all too well. Saw SP in June 2007 ( :tiphat: Dannyboy) and they were entertaining enough, if memory serves. Then again in October and it was a cluster....seemed like a different band. As you say, because it was. I would never claim to be a Battenberg fan, but at least he was competent, so his departure just left the warts of the band - a less than sober Perry, Etty, and The Clown Restivo. The latter show, with Perry stumbling and Etty so grossly prominent on stage really was a major turning point for me where Perry was concerned.

Hey PB! I really enjoyed those SP shows! I liked the album and thought they had a great energy. Etty put me on the guest list for the wolverhampton shows after we saw them in Hyde Park and the london club show ( I remember your mate shouting "Fuck YOu Perry" for some reason and security telling him to calm down!. I went to Wolverhampton but didn't have the bottle to go backstage. They did an impromptu cover of Whole Lotta Love at the end of the show after the lights had gone up and half the audience had left. It was sooo fun! I was a bit disappointed by the Janes covers they did, I suppose because (1) I'd already seen the real thing enough, (2) I wanted to see SP play their own songs and (3) they played them just like the records instead of playing around with them like janes would. It was intersting to hear Nuno interpret Dave's parts though!

When I was hanging around outside the El Rey before the NME awards (oh no, my Spencer Moon story got lost in the Xiola.org quantum realm) show I spoke with Carl (blatantly angling for a way in to the venue), he told me SP would be playing at Coachella a few days later but as it turned out it was PerryEtty with Carl and they didn't do any SP songs.