Now Watching...

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
perkana

Re: Now Watching...

#326 Post by perkana » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 pm

creep wrote:I finished the first three seasons and I liked 2 and 3 much more than 1. I still don't like the Daniel character but maybe that is a male female thing? I like his sister but that is probably because she is hot. :noclue:

Once I'm done I will probably watch Ozark or jack Ryan.
Ozark was so good. Finished seasons 1 & 2 in less than a week (season 2 during last weekend)

perkana

#327 Post by perkana » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:38 pm

chaos wrote:Did anyone who watched Shape Objects finale know there was a post credits scene? :noclue: I just found out about it. I will watch it later.

I watched the first episode of Ozark last night. I don't know why, but Jason Bateman doesn't fit well with the rest of the cast. He's just an actor reading lines. I'm going to keep watching though.
Keep watching! I sympathized with his character. I hated Laura Linney's but wow, she deserves an award :worship:

SR

#328 Post by SR » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:57 am

Though it kept my interest, Ozark was just ok. SPOILER ALERT:

What they did with the BB twist at the end was pretty weak. I liked the cast

chaos

#329 Post by chaos » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:51 pm

I haven't been able to get past the 2nd episode of Ozark.

I have been watching this season's American Horror Story: Apocalypse. I really like this season (8). I watched all of the first four seasons, but then lost interest. (I only watched the first episode of season 5, the first episode of season 6 (hated it), and none of season 7.)

perkana

#330 Post by perkana » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:18 pm

I enjoyed Atypical's season 2. Jennifer Jason Leigh's face looks like a weird mask after the third or fourth episode. Has she gotten any plastic surgery? I dunno if it's the bangs or make up but she looks really creepy.
I'm happy that The Good Place is back again. One of the few shows I look forward lately :wink:

chaos

#331 Post by chaos » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm

I saw the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House (netflix). It was pretty good. I was surprised since I thought the trailer was only so-so.

crater

#332 Post by crater » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm

chaos wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm
I saw the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House (netflix). It was pretty good.
I've watched 6 episodes of this show so far. I thought the first episode was just ok, but the rest have been great IMO. Especially episodes 5 and 6. I'm looking forward to watching the rest tomorrow.

chaos

#333 Post by chaos » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 am

crater wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm
but the rest have been great IMO. Especially episodes 5 and 6.
You are right. The acting and rapport among the cast members is incredible. I'm going to finish the series this weekend.

chaos

#334 Post by chaos » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:45 pm

The Netflix version has struck a chord with critics and viewers — including another master of horror, Stephen King, who took to Twitter last week to praise “The Haunting of Hill House” as “close to a work of genius, really.” If you’re curious about the critical near-consensus — or you just want to know exactly what a Bent-Neck Lady is — read on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/arts ... &smtyp=cur

creep
Site Admin

#335 Post by creep » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:53 pm

chaos wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 am
crater wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 pm
but the rest have been great IMO. Especially episodes 5 and 6.
You are right. The acting and rapport among the cast members is incredible. I'm going to finish the series this weekend.
I don't enjoy scary shit but I did like the series. It wasn't too scary. The last couple episodes weren't great but overall it was really good. What can they do for season 2? Another family buys the house? A completely different story?

perkana

#336 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:12 pm

I enjoyed that one (thought it was more psychological horror) and I'm enjoying Sabrina.

perkana

#337 Post by perkana » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Other shows I've enjoyed:
Un Extraño Enemigo on Amazon Prime Video, about the '68 student movement and massacre. It was kinda emotional to watch since we celebrated 50 years of the student massacre. Daniel Giménez Cacho was great as always (check him out, he's one of my favorite Mexican actors, he has worked with Alfonso Cuarón and Pedro Almodóvar)

Finished watching The Bodyguard, with Richard Madden (Robb Stark on GoT). I thought it was good.

clickie

#338 Post by clickie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm

I was watching Jeopardy about fifteen minutes ago and Jane from Jane's Addiction was one of the answers. Anyone else see it? The clue was something like "I'm done with Sergio, he treats me like a ragdoll". And the answer was who is Jane. Not sure exactly what the category was.

creep
Site Admin

#339 Post by creep » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:13 pm

perkana wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Finished watching The Bodyguard, with Richard Madden (Robb Stark on GoT). I thought it was good.
I was ether going to start this next or The Man in the High Castle.

Just finished Making a Murderer 2. Pretty boring and still guilty.(Avery)

perkana

#340 Post by perkana » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:28 pm

I thought it was interesting, though neither is out of jail (Brendan/Steven). But yeah, I liked the first part better.

perkana

#341 Post by perkana » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:37 pm

clickie wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:07 pm
I was watching Jeopardy about fifteen minutes ago and Jane from Jane's Addiction was one of the answers. Anyone else see it? The clue was something like "I'm done with Sergio, he treats me like a ragdoll". And the answer was who is Jane. Not sure exactly what the category was.
Jane Bainter posted that on facebook:
Jane Bainter wrote:I’m in Jeopardy...

clickie

#342 Post by clickie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Wow very cool, she must be a lurker here.

That was a special Halloween themed episode and the final Jeopardy was so easy I couldn't believe one contestant didn't know it.
The category was 1960's films and here's the clue...

Chocolate syrup, Casaba melon & Playboy model Marli Renfro were enlisted to create an iconic scene in this film

One guy guessed Goldfinger

perkana

#343 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:25 am

I started watching a new series created by the guy from Mad Men. It's called The Romanoffs. I've just watched 2 episodes, so far so good...

There's another new show with Julia Roberts, first 3 episodes have been interesting and they're short, so it's been very addictive.

creep
Site Admin

#344 Post by creep » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:33 pm

I started Narcos Mexico. It's pretty good so far. My only complaint in Michael Pena. He is a good comedic actor but I just don't like him in this role.

Artemis

#345 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Just watched the first episode of The Little Drummer Girl. :thumb:
A couple of years ago, BBC One and AMC made waves with The Night Manager, an adaptation of author John le Carré‘s spy novel. Those networks saw the success of that show and jumped in on another le Carré adaptation, a 1970s-set thriller called The Little Drummer Girl. Oldboy director Chan-Wook Park marks his first entry into directing television with this limited series, and he’s gathered a great cast that includes Michael Shannon, Alexander Skarsgard, and Florence Pugh.

Artemis

#346 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:41 am

:thumb:

Based on a prison break in upstate New York that spawned a massive manhunt. Starring Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro. Watch Escape At Dannemora Sundays at 10pm ET/PT on SHOWTIME

Escape at Dannemora is based on the stranger-than-fiction prison break in upstate New York in the summer of 2015 which spawned a statewide manhunt for two convicted murderers, aided in their escape by a married female prison employee who carried on months-long affairs with both men. Del Toro plays convicted murderer Richard Matt, an artistic yet intimidating force within the prison, who masterminds the escape. Arquette plays Tilly Mitchell, a working class wife and mother who supervises the prison tailor shop and becomes sexually involved with both men, ultimately agreeing to hide hacksaw blades in frozen hamburger meat to help them get out. Dano plays David Sweat, a convicted cop-killer who may have genuine feelings for Tilly and becomes a reluctant partner in Richard Matt’s plot. The cast also features Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Bonnie Hunt, acclaimed actor Eric Lange and Emmy nominee David Morse. Produced by SHOWTIME, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA is written and executive produced by Brett Johnson (Mad Men) and Oscar nominee Michael Tolkin (The Player), who met while working as writers on RAY DONOVAN. In addition to Stiller, Johnson and Tolkin, Bryan Zuriff (Steve Jobs, RAY DONOVAN), Bill Carraro (Blade Runner 2049, Terminator: Genisys), three-time Academy Award nominee Michael De Luca (The Social Network, Fifty Shades of Grey) via Michael De Luca Productions, and Nicky Weinstock for Red Hour Productions serve as executive producers.

creep
Site Admin

#347 Post by creep » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:41 am
:thumb:

Based on a prison break in upstate New York that spawned a massive manhunt. Starring Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano and Benicio Del Toro. Watch Escape At Dannemora Sundays at 10pm ET/PT on SHOWTIME

Escape at Dannemora is based on the stranger-than-fiction prison break in upstate New York in the summer of 2015 which spawned a statewide manhunt for two convicted murderers, aided in their escape by a married female prison employee who carried on months-long affairs with both men. Del Toro plays convicted murderer Richard Matt, an artistic yet intimidating force within the prison, who masterminds the escape. Arquette plays Tilly Mitchell, a working class wife and mother who supervises the prison tailor shop and becomes sexually involved with both men, ultimately agreeing to hide hacksaw blades in frozen hamburger meat to help them get out. Dano plays David Sweat, a convicted cop-killer who may have genuine feelings for Tilly and becomes a reluctant partner in Richard Matt’s plot. The cast also features Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Bonnie Hunt, acclaimed actor Eric Lange and Emmy nominee David Morse. Produced by SHOWTIME, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA is written and executive produced by Brett Johnson (Mad Men) and Oscar nominee Michael Tolkin (The Player), who met while working as writers on RAY DONOVAN. In addition to Stiller, Johnson and Tolkin, Bryan Zuriff (Steve Jobs, RAY DONOVAN), Bill Carraro (Blade Runner 2049, Terminator: Genisys), three-time Academy Award nominee Michael De Luca (The Social Network, Fifty Shades of Grey) via Michael De Luca Productions, and Nicky Weinstock for Red Hour Productions serve as executive producers.
I watched the first episode. It's an interesting story on how it all went down.

I also finished The Clinton Affair on A&E. There is so much I forgot about that time in history. Really interesting stuff.

Pandemonium

#348 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 pm

I’m nearly 3 episodes into Netflix’ The Bodyguard and so far, it’s really, really good.

chaos

#349 Post by chaos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:57 pm
I’m nearly 3 episodes into Netflix’ The Bodyguard and so far, it’s really, really good.
^I liked it (although I didn't care much for the way they wrapped up the series).

I'm late to the series House of Cards. So far I have seen 9 episodes of Season 1. It is wickedly fun.

clickie

#350 Post by clickie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Bass player Jackie Fox from The Runaways won Jeopardy for the third time today