New sound: Delicious Grace

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Matz

Re: New sound: Delicious Grace

#26 Post by Matz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:05 am

Delirious Grace

alcapone_dudu

#27 Post by alcapone_dudu » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:34 am

Larry B. wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:42 am
Just to be clear: it’s not that I didn’t like it. It’s a weak song poorly performed.
I see, Larry. Now we diverge from each other. But I respect your opinion.

alcapone_dudu

#28 Post by alcapone_dudu » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:35 am

Matz wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:05 am
Delirious Grace
Come on, Matz. You can do better than this.

Matz

#29 Post by Matz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:26 pm

alcapone_dudu wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:35 am
Matz wrote:
Delirious Grace
You're right, I was out of line. But I agree with Larry in that the song itself is not the strongest, however, if its one of the first songs they've ever written it's not that bad all things considered. I don't mind the performance, it's sounds all right to me. Once they write some more stuff, please post it

alcapone_dudu

#30 Post by alcapone_dudu » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am

Matz wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:26 pm
alcapone_dudu wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:35 am
Matz wrote:
Delirious Grace
You're right, I was out of line. But I agree with Larry in that the song itself is not the strongest, however, if its one of the first songs they've ever written it's not that bad all things considered. I don't mind the performance, it's sounds all right to me. Once they write some more stuff, please post it
I respect your opinion, Matz. We're always trying to push the bar a little bit higher. Write good songs without the need to be radio-friendly.

I sure will keep you guys up to date as soon as there's out. Take care!

Hype

#31 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:41 am

Write good songs without the need to be radio-friendly.
:confused: What exactly makes you think you can write good songs? What is a "good" song?

And even if you wrote a good song, why think that you and your band can actually perform it well?

Both of those things are exceedingly difficult even for talented musicians. Maybe you should think about what exactly you're trying to do by writing and performing music in the first place? From what you've shared, it sounds like your band has no idea.

kv

#32 Post by kv » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Holy Harsh Hypeman!

Hype

#33 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Yeah, but good answers to those questions seem important. There are millions of excellent musicians who can't write or perform good songs. It's the same reason why not every random guy who can get laughs at work every day can do good stand-up, or why the guy with the silver tongue isn't a published author. Art is fucking hard, and almost no one does it well. When some random guy is talking about "writing good songs"... the first question should be: wait, why aren't you just writing music because you're driven to write music, without worrying about whether it's any good? :confused:

kv

#34 Post by kv » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Well ya...I agree with all that...but just figure it's some dumb kid who will grow into those views....maybe? lol

I've always been the guy where playing and writing music is just something I have to do to be happy...quailty aside

But...I've known tons of people with more dream than talent...what's wrong with them trying? Or very talented musicains who want to sing but suck...who cares? I don't give my friends shit for their shitty golf scores with "tiger woods would destroy you, throw away your clubs!"

People get so snobby with music compared to other pastimes (myself included)

Hype

#35 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm

That was kind of my main point. I wasn't trying to say the music sucks because it's not Pink Floyd, but just asking why even try to make "good" music in the first place? I mean, I kind of want to know what this guy is even thinking... It's totally fine that all the songs so far have been weak/bad. Maybe if he's got something driving him, he'll hit on some good sounds eventually. Or just enjoy making music and never go anywhere with it like almost everyone else. :noclue:

Mescal

#36 Post by Mescal » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:29 am

Well, I don't know, I also make my own music.

I do it because I like it ... In the meantime I try to make songs I like, with people I like and hopefully some other people will also like them and buy a few records and come to our gigs.

World domination isn't high on my priority list ... Do we write good songs? Dunno, what is a good song? Am I a talented musician? Dunno, what is a talented musician?

As long as they're having fun and writing their own music, who really cares? It's like what Kv said, it's not because you're not as good as Tiger Woods that you can't play golf ...

But other than that, I do think their output is pretty bad. But that's just my opinion. I don't like (insert popular band) either, and they're selling millions of records ...

alcapone_dudu

#37 Post by alcapone_dudu » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:00 am

Hype wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:41 am
Write good songs without the need to be radio-friendly.
:confused: What exactly makes you think you can write good songs? What is a "good" song?

And even if you wrote a good song, why think that you and your band can actually perform it well?

Both of those things are exceedingly difficult even for talented musicians. Maybe you should think about what exactly you're trying to do by writing and performing music in the first place? From what you've shared, it sounds like your band has no idea.
Hello Hype. How are you? Thanks for coming by and drop a message.

Well, a good song for me is a song I enjoy while listening or playing. You can use other words if ''good'' doesn't give you a clue.

We are aware of our weak points but it's worth trying to get better. If we're affraid to put our music out because some people may not like then it's over. People will always judge. That's the nature of the game. And we can stand it.

Delicious Grace is essentially a mix of all the things I've listenned to my whole life. And so far I'm really proud of what we've done. It's an outlet to say what we want, the way we want it to be.

Hype

#38 Post by Hype » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 am

Okay, but that's pretty empty. Anyone could say those things. What makes your music specifically worth making? What exactly are you trying to say/do with it? The answer can't just be "make good music", because no one (with some rare, stupid exceptions) has ever tried to make bad music.

Mescal

#39 Post by Mescal » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 am

Hype wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 am
Okay, but that's pretty empty. Anyone could say those things. What makes your music specifically worth making? What exactly are you trying to say/do with it? The answer can't just be "make good music", because no one (with some rare, stupid exceptions) has ever tried to make bad music.
Djiezes Hype, it's just an outing of his creativity....

What's your problem? Does everything have to have a deeper meaning?

Hype

#40 Post by Hype » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Mescal wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:05 am
Hype wrote:
Djiezes Hype, it's just an outing of his creativity....

What's your problem? Does everything have to have a deeper meaning?
:lol: Of course not. I just wanted to know more about his motivations. If he had said "We're just a bunch of kids fucking around making music we like." I'd be fine with that, but it seemed like he was trying to do something more than that. :noclue:

kv

#41 Post by kv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Ya but so what?

Regardless...if you wanted to give him a hard time it should be for using us for their own gains...

Hype

#42 Post by Hype » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:58 pm

Derisive Grace :(

kv

#43 Post by kv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 pm

:lolol:

alcapone_dudu

#44 Post by alcapone_dudu » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 am

Hype wrote:
You're really interested. I appreciate it, man.

We decided not to have a ''censorship'' regarding what we would evetually cover. I, personally, miss this attitude with some bands. Especially in my country. They are too polished for my taste. So we will try to put the finger where is hurting (not always. We have some ballads and other stuff too). Talk about things that bother us and always carrying Rock N' Roll in our hearts.

alcapone_dudu

#45 Post by alcapone_dudu » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:21 am

kv wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 pm
Ya but so what?

Regardless...if you wanted to give him a hard time it should be for using us for their own gains...
Not using you guys, kv. We decided to post our songs on here just because we like the same band. It's was natural going after for what we can relate.

Larry B.

#46 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 am

At least your PR game is really strong.

Hype

#47 Post by Hype » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 am

It's was natural going after for what we can relate.
That's a good song lyric. You should use it.

kv

#48 Post by kv » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:36 pm

I love rainy days

Hype

#49 Post by Hype » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Also, in case anyone thinks I was being too harsh, this guy is going to every music-related message board on earth spamming his songs with the same text, except apparently in other places the songs are for "Elvis fans". If he's looking for sincere feedback, he should have been sincere in the first place. :eyes:

kv

#50 Post by kv » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:13 pm

Enough of him though...how are you hype hype?....you hungry? Have a lil rumble in your tum tum? Maybe ya need a nap...you're getting old and crabby on us

Wanna talk about it? I have tea and scones...