#352 Post by Artemis » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:19 pm

perkana wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:35 pm
I'm enjoying season 2
I love this show! I binged the second season in a day.. :lol:

chaos

Re: Now Watching...

#353 Post by chaos » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:49 pm

I just finished bingeing House of Cards. I enjoyed it until season 6. I am so disappointed. :mad: It is as though all of the writers left when Spacey got canned and the interns took over (or whoever answered the Craiglist ad). Someone told me the creators wanted to wrap things up for fans. Christ, they could have done that in one episode instead of dragging out a shortened season with 8 episodes of garbage.

Pandemonium

#354 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:19 am

Finally finished binge watching The Fall on Netflix. OK show, but it was kind of like crime drama on ambien, it had such a leisurely pace. Then BAM!, everything wraps up in the final episode. Now I'm slowly getting through the last season of Daredevil.

chaos

#355 Post by chaos » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:29 am

I've been watching You on Netflix; I'm 6 episodes in. It is a guilty pleasure.
https://entertainment.ie/tv/netflix/rev ... ng-387274/

Review: Netflix's 'You' is a trashy thriller you won't be able to stop watching

Lonely Boy has upped his game

Fiona Flynn
4 days ago

The Netflix gods have decided to give us a Christmas treat by dropping the thoroughly addictive show 'You' on the streaming service today.

Adapted from the page-turning psychological thriller book of the same name by Caroline Kepnes, 'You' is the classic story of boy meets girl, except the boy is actually a deranged stalker. Yes, a story we have been told before but this time we are getting it from the point of view of the stalker, who is played here by former 'Gossip Girl' star Penn Badgley.

He plays the role of bookstore manager Joe Goldberg whose fascination for Guinevere Beck (Elizabeth Lail), a girl who walks into his shop one day, soon leads to obsession (like, five minutes later). One of the daunting aspects of this tale is just how easily and how much he can find out about the object of his desire simply through social media. He doesn't stop there though, and soon he finds himself willing to do anything to secure the future he envisions with Beck.

'You' gives a unique take on the stalker angle while also throwing a gigantic light on the way we conduct ourselves on social media and just how exposed we leave ourselves. It also pushes you into the morally ambiguous area of finding yourself actually rooting for these two crazy kids to get together, as romantic comedies have trained us to do, until you realise that one of them is actually crazy. It doesn't help that those suspicious of Joe are in no ways likeable - his alcoholic neighbour and Beck's snobby, entitled friend Peach - played by 'Pretty Little Liars'' Shay Mitchell.

Badgley works well here at walking the fine line between nice guy and a complete sociopath. And let's face it, he really honed his stalker skills in his years as Dan Humphreys aka Lonely Boy aka Gossip Girl.

Probably important to note though, that this isn't a particularly great show in a lot of ways. Addictive yes, but it definitely comes from the type of trashy thriller you would consume in one day by a pool somewhere.

The dialogue is really lacking at times, the characters are irritating and the plot is often unbelievable - as luck would have it, Beck has huge windows Joe can peer in at her getting up to all sorts right from the street, and come on, he's literally standing TWO FEET away from her at times.

But sure look, they can't all be 'The Wire' and as much as you may roll your eyes at plot points or the pseudo-intellectual tripe that comes out at times, 'You' is still a completely engrossing thriller and just what you need to get through this strange limbo time between Christmas and New Year's.

Artemis

#356 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:34 pm

I don't know if anyone's been watching Dirty John, but in the last episode, Been Caught Stealing was used in the show.

perkana

#357 Post by perkana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:16 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:19 am
Finally finished binge watching The Fall on Netflix. OK show, but it was kind of like crime drama on ambien, it had such a leisurely pace. Then BAM!, everything wraps up in the final episode. Now I'm slowly getting through the last season of Daredevil.
I loved the ending of that show. I thought both main characters were exactly the same, guess that was the point. But to me, he won.

perkana

#358 Post by perkana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 am

I really enjoyed season 2. I ended liking her, even though people who talk so fast get on my nerves (same as Gilmore Girls, though they grew on me).
It is really well produced, especially the period in my opinion (mid 50's)

perkana

#359 Post by perkana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am

Artemis wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:19 pm
perkana wrote:
I'm enjoying season 2
I guess so did I, forgot I had posted about it before :lol:
Looking forward to season 3!

Hype

#360 Post by Hype » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:53 pm

perkana wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am
Artemis wrote:
perkana wrote:
I'm enjoying season 2
The acting is excellent. The writing is excellent. The only thing that bugs me about the show is that they don't focus enough on her development as a comic.

perkana

#361 Post by perkana » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Hype wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:53 pm
perkana wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 am
Artemis wrote:
perkana wrote:
I'm enjoying season 2
The acting is excellent. The writing is excellent. The only thing that bugs me about the show is that they don't focus enough on her development as a comic.
I kinda confuse both seasons. Was it the second or the first one in which she works at parties? For me was more her personal development and I guess you are right, maybe they will next season, or maybe not. I still like it though. My favorite is Susie, btw. I'm glad both actresses have received awards for this season.

Hype

#362 Post by Hype » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 am

It was Season 1 (episode 6) where she plays the parties with that guy. The scenes with Susie that try to expose the reality of the comedy world to the sheltered Midge are the best. But as the show progressed, it seems like they were having a difficult time trying to make her character development make sense given that she has to live in both worlds (wealthy Jewish / struggling comic). Maybe that's just because it *is* difficult to make sense of this character -- she just has comedy fall into her lap because her ex-husband was a hack, and she has a god-level knack for it. :noclue:

I also couldn't help but want to see more between Midge and Lenny. There's obviously something there. Looks like the 3rd season will involve Midge on tour with that singer, so we'll get to see how she does as a big-time opener.

creep
Site Admin

#363 Post by creep » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:15 pm

I watched the Fyre festival doc on Hulu and netflix. I liked the Netflix one better but both were good. Interesting stuff.

Bandit72

#364 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:19 am

I watched this on youTube. First time I'd heard of the case. Really sad. One fucked up individual....

Larry B.

#365 Post by Larry B. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:47 pm

I saw the Netflix series ‘The Haunting of Hill House’. Really well done, I loved every minute of it.

perkana

#366 Post by perkana » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Hype wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:26 am
I also couldn't help but want to see more between Midge and Lenny. There's obviously something there.
The last episode was the best! Yeah, I like their relationship. He is kinda her comedy godfather. I dunno if they get to be a couple because so far, I think both guys (ex and new) have sucked imo.

perkana

#367 Post by perkana » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:45 am

I fell asleep watching this. I have to admit it was my fault, I watched it in bed after midnight. And his voice was very soothing to be honest.

creep
Site Admin

#368 Post by creep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 pm

perkana wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:45 am
I fell asleep watching this. I have to admit it was my fault, I watched it in bed after midnight. And his voice was very soothing to be honest.
I'm half way through and it's pretty interesting. I didn't know much about him. Pretty crazy how he broke out of jail twice and killed a few girls after he escaped the second time.

I just finished this. It's only one episode but it's worth watching. Really crazy story.

Bandit72

#369 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 am

There was a thing on the radio this morning on why so many people are obsessed with serial killers and the macabre. That Ted Bundy series was OK, I want to watch Abducted In Plain Sight. In the UK this century there have only been 10 serial killers apparently, and most of them have been men. There is a new program on tonight about Fred and Rose West who were basically psychopaths and pathological liars. A husband and wife combo who killed strangers and their own children and buried them in the cellar and back garden. They also had depraved sexual habits. Makes me wonder what kind of shit is going down in the present day which has yet come to light.

clickie

#370 Post by clickie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:21 am

Mary Bell was one who fascinated me because for a long time she was considered the youngest serial killer and seems to now live a normal life with a child of her own.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Bell

Boy A was a pretty good movie I saw years ago that deals with being back into society after committing a serious crime as a child. I don't know how much if anything it has to do with the famous James Bulger case.

clickie

#371 Post by clickie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:45 am

The new Motley Crue movie 'The Dirt' comes out next month on Netflix and machine gun kelly plays Tommy Lee. I'd rather have someone else as Tommy Lee but i'll go in with an open mind.

perkana

#372 Post by perkana » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:09 am

Just watched the first episode of "Umbrella Academy". It's almost 3 am over here and it didn't make me fall asleep (it could be that the decaf cappuccino I had earlier, wasn't decaf at all). Have never read the comic, but I enjoyed it.

crater

#373 Post by crater » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:45 am

perkana wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:09 am
Just watched the first episode of "Umbrella Academy". It's almost 3 am over here and it didn't make me fall asleep (it could be that the decaf cappuccino I had earlier, wasn't decaf at all). Have never read the comic, but I enjoyed it.
I just finished binge watching the entire season today and I loved it. The story, the music ... everything about it was awesome to me. As soon as the final episode ended I immediately wanted the second season to begin.

wally

#374 Post by wally » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 pm

been watching the temptation island reboot. the best worst thing on TV.

Artemis

#375 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Tonight, epsiode one of the doc series 'Punk' airs.

https://www.epix.com/series/punk?trailer=true

This was funny from the series premiere.

Hollywood premiere of “Punk” on the Epix Network with fellow Executive Producer John Varvatos (Iggy Pop is also an Executive Producer). Some of you might know, I’ve had a vast project in the works based around “unseen” Punk music images from my archive.

Afterward was a panel with, left to right: HenryRollins.ru (Black Flag), Duff McKagan, Johnny Rotten (Sex Pistols), John Varvatos, Marky Ramone (Ramones) and Donita Sparks (L7-Official).