Re: NBA

#4901 Post by creep » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:19 am
creep wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:27 am
Artemis wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:21 am

I'm going to the Kings vs Raps game on Tuesday night...looking forward to it! :rockon:
They're usually a fun team to watch but you get them on a back to back road game so it could be ugly..
Yeah, Brooklyn is tough. That will be a good game to watch too. You never know though, sometimes teams are energized on the back to back. And, the flight from NY to Toronto is only about an hour, so enough time to rest a little and enjoy the cold. :lol:
I HATE that the Kings are resting 3 starters tonight. We are not good or old enough to be doing shit like that. :jasper:

Artemis

#4902 Post by Artemis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 am

creep wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 pm
Artemis wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:19 am
creep wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:27 am
Artemis wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:21 am

I'm going to the Kings vs Raps game on Tuesday night...looking forward to it! :rockon:
They're usually a fun team to watch but you get them on a back to back road game so it could be ugly..
Yeah, Brooklyn is tough. That will be a good game to watch too. You never know though, sometimes teams are energized on the back to back. And, the flight from NY to Toronto is only about an hour, so enough time to rest a little and enjoy the cold. :lol:
I HATE that the Kings are resting 3 starters tonight. We are not good or old enough to be doing shit like that. :jasper:
I was surprised by that too. I really wanted to see De'Aaron Fox play. I think the many Serbians in the crowd(it was Serbian night) were also disappointed that Bjelica didn't play either. For us, no Kawhi or OG again. On the plus, looks like CJ Miles is getting his groove back. Fun game, I enjoyed it.

clickie

#4903 Post by clickie » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm

I thought the nba was cracking down on all this stuff with teams resting players . It seems worse than ever.

Artemis

#4904 Post by Artemis » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 am

Some interesting news..

I would hate to lose Pascal Siakam. If this trade actually happens, he'll go for sure.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba ... ony-davis/
Report: Raptors expected to make trade offer for Anthony Davis

Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis spiced up NBA trade deadline rumours Monday when he requested a trade out of New Orleans.

A generational talent like Davis rarely becomes available in trade, so the suitors are expected to be lining up to acquire his services. Early contenders to land the 25-year-old emerged late Monday night, with The Ringer‘s Kevin O’Connor reporting the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, and Toronto Raptors are expected to make offers. The Boston Celtics figure to be another major player in the sweepstakes, but they cannot pull off a trade until the summer, unless Kyrie Irving is also moved.

On paper, it seems like the Raptors have enough to put together a compelling package. Pascal Siakam, the emerging star who has a legitimate chance of winning the NBA’s Most Improved Player award, figures to be the starting point in negotiations. OG Anunoby is an additional young piece with intriguing potential, and point guard Delon Wright would be another name to float along. Draft-pick considerations would also likely be included as the Pelicans look to the future, and Toronto has veterans like Serge Ibaka and Jonas Valanciunas that would need to be added to balance salaries — a necessity in NBA trades.

Pairing Davis with Kawhi Leonard would give the Raptors one of the best one-two punches in the entire NBA, and would instantly make them the heavy favourite to win the Eastern Conference. If Leonard decides to sign elsewhere in free agency this summer, Davis remains under contract through 2019-20, keeping Toronto’s window of contention open for another year. In addition, should Davis make it clear he doesn’t intend to sign with the Raptors long-term, the team could hypothetically look to flip him at next year’s trade deadline.

The Raptors have never been as big a title threat as they are this season. They made a big gamble by trading DeMar DeRozan for Leonard last off-season, and it sounds like Masai Ujiri and the front office are at least thinking about pushing even more chips into the centre of the table.

SR

#4905 Post by SR » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:24 am

It's a franchise making acquisition for a number of teams :nod:

Artemis

#4906 Post by Artemis » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:36 am

So, the Raptors sucked last night. The starters' performance was subpar. Siakam was excellent though. Maybe 3 days off, plus polar vortex was too much.. :noclue:

SR

#4907 Post by SR » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:30 am

Wtf, seriously. Has the world gone mad? Kyrie was a bit chippy and arrogant in that interview. And what's with Brow Sr getting all up in the C's face about IT? We traded for Kyrie. He needs to get a puppy.

kv

#4908 Post by kv » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:51 pm

You guys did a complete 180 on IT...."he's our new franchise...oh his hip still hurts? fuck em"

Artemis

#4909 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

So much NBA drama this week; I've barely heard any Superbowl talk. :lol:

I was surprised about Kyrie Irving, thought he was happy with the Celtics. Who knows though, media is probably reporting comments out of context and twisting things around. Another surprise for me was Anthony Davis getting fined 50K and Jimmy Butler not getting a fine for doing the same thing.

Got tickets to one more game- Brooklyn Nets on Feb 11. :rockon:
My total will be 4 regular season games. I seem to have replaced concerts with games. My last show was in October! :yikes:

kv

#4910 Post by kv » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 pm

That's me...I go to way more games then shows these days

Artemis

#4911 Post by Artemis » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Not sure how reliable Sports Illustrated is...

Trade discussion between Toronto and Memphis:Gasol,Conely for Lowry and JV. :yikes:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/05/nba-t ... es-raptors

:noclue: i hope it's fake news.

Looks like Anthony Davis and Lakers is not happening.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/anth ... -requests/

kv

#4912 Post by kv » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Poor John Wall...

thoreau

#4913 Post by thoreau » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:12 pm

kv wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:25 pm
Poor John Wall...
Dude cannot catch a break the last few seasons.

creep
Site Admin

#4914 Post by creep » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:40 pm

I love watching the Lakers implode. :lol:

clickie

#4915 Post by clickie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 am

Yeah nice win for the Pacers first home game since Oladipo went down for the season

clickie

#4916 Post by clickie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 am

Lonzo ball was a media hype creation from the beginning and Lebron can't wait to get rid of him.

Artemis

#4917 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:37 am

Interesting...
Raptors and Celtics had better stay on their toes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba- ... and-picks/
The full deal sees Harris, Boban Marjanovic and Mike Scott heading to Philadelphia, while the Clippers acquire Landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler and a handful of picks. They'll get the Sixers' 2020 first-round pick, as well as the Miami Heat's highly coveted unprotected 2021 first-round pick, which the Sixers obtained at the draft last summer. In addition, the Clippers will get the Sixers' 2021 and 2023 second-round picks.

This is a trade that will have huge ramifications around the league, both this season and moving forward.

First of all, it gives the Sixers yet another high-level player. Harris is in the midst of a career-year, putting up 20.7 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, while shooting over 42 percent from downtown. Many felt he had a legitimate case to make the All-Star team for the first time in his career.

He's a perfect fit for the Sixers' starting lineup, and along with Ben Simmons, J.J. Redick, Jimmy Butler and Joel Embiid, the Sixers now have arguably the most talented group in the Eastern Conference. They'll have big decisions in the summer, when Butler and Harris are both due for free agency, but for now, they're going to be really good.

As for the Clippers, this likely derails any hopes they had of hanging onto a playoff spot out West. Led by Harris and Lou Williams, they've put together a solid season, and at 30-25 had a one-game lead over the Sacramento Kings for the eighth spot following Tuesday night's action.

They should fall off, though that's probably not a bad thing for them anyway. They weren't going to make any noise in the playoffs, and this deal furthers their rebuild plans. For one, they should get another late lottery pick this season assuming they miss the playoffs, and they've acquired a plethora of picks in the deal. The Heat's 2021 unprotected first-rounder, in particular, is a big-time pick-up. Plus Shamet has shown some signs of being a solid rotation player as well.

Whether they keep the picks, or try to parlay them into a blockbuster trade of their own, the Clippers are nicely stocked for the future -- one which they hope includes some big-name free agents, as they'll have plenty of cap space in the summer, especially now that they don't have to worry about re-signing Harris.

clickie

#4918 Post by clickie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:05 am

The Bulls blew 55 million on Otto Graham. Any other team would have walked away and laughed at that deal. Wew lad there's no more direction anymore. Jim Boylen should be wearing a clown costume.

clickie

#4919 Post by clickie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am

Kobe says Harden can't win the way he plays. Put Shaq on his team there'd be more passing and I bet he would win. I don't think Kobe would win with Harden's supporting cast either.

Artemis

#4920 Post by Artemis » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Oh man, can't believe JV is gone. :nyrexall:
Don't know much about Marc Gasol...will have to look him up. Not sure if he is worth losing so many guys. Well, I'm not sorry to see CJ Miles go, so adios to him. Will miss Delon Wright tho.
Greg Monroe and Malachai Richardson gone too.

kv

#4921 Post by kv » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:19 pm

:lolol:

clickie

#4922 Post by clickie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:16 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm
Oh man, can't believe JV is gone. :nyrexall:
Don't know much about Marc Gasol...will have to look him up. Not sure if he is worth losing so many guys. Well, I'm not sorry to see CJ Miles go, so adios to him. Will miss Delon Wright tho.
Greg Monroe and Malachai Richardson gone too.
JV was putting up some good numbers so I was excited waiting for his return to the Raptors.

clickie

#4923 Post by clickie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 am

The way the NBA is nowadays with players and their agents choosing what team they want to play for sometimes I wonder if we'll ever see another city that has cold winters win another championship.

guysmiley

#4924 Post by guysmiley » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:35 am

clickie wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 am
The way the NBA is nowadays with players and their agents choosing what team they want to play for sometimes I wonder if we'll ever see another city that has cold winters win another championship.
The way the media talks about it, you'd think New York is the best place to be and not the dumpster fire it has been for the last 20 years. They talk up the Lakers and Boston too no matter how bad they are at any given time. I'm really routing for the Buck or Raptors to do well this year. My Blazers....They always have good seasons, but just seem like the same old same old. We'll get bounced. Can't sign a free agent to save our lives.

clickie

#4925 Post by clickie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:22 am

Milwaukee adding Mirotic is a huge plus. That guy single handedly was responsible for three quarters of the wins the Bulls had last season.