Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
creep
Site Admin

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

#951 Post by creep » Sun May 19, 2019 7:32 pm

i talked a lot of shit about this season but i thought it was a great ending. great episode :tiphat:

chaos

#952 Post by chaos » Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 pm

intertwoven

#953 Post by intertwoven » Mon May 20, 2019 12:22 am

Aww... It's so freeing to not have to care so much about a TV show anymore!
I thought it was a great episode, even without the doggie reunion, which yes, was the best scene. :heart: Curious if they shoehorned that in after the fan outrage from the previous episode, or if the snub was just part of the setup to the satisfying reunion.

crater

#954 Post by crater » Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 am

A couple more thoughts about the show by me.

This season and the last should have been 10 episodes to give all the stories the proper send off that they deserved. Only with fewer episodes so many things had to be forced and it just didn't come off as well as it should have in my opinion.

One thing about the final episode that I find annoying right now was the Jamie and Cersei being buried under an enormous amount of rocks in the previous episode only to be found so quickly by Tyrion under a handful of bricks. That has me shaking my head.

It also seems so improbable that Jon would tell Grey Worm that he had just killed Dany and that Grey Worm or the rest of the Unsullied wouldn't immediately kill him for it instead of just holding him as a prisoner.

JOEinPHX

#955 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon May 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Writing an ending that did nothing but set up spinoffs was so fucking lame. :jasper:

Arya should have killed Dany, Jon should have ended up on the throne, and somehow it should have all sparked off yet another group of children who vowed revenge.

What the show started as, and how it finished, were two totally different shows. :waits:

kv

#956 Post by kv » Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Yep, star wars over franchise begin now!

I stopped watching years ago but did watch a couple YouTube vids of the last couple big scenes....

Is it at all possible that when the new books come out...when dany is wanting to fuck the keep up....and turns evil...that bran started to control her to burn down everything...instead of just the keep? Thus making him more likely to be king?

My lone thought...

perkana

#957 Post by perkana » Mon May 20, 2019 6:06 pm

creep wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:32 pm
...i thought it was a great ending. great episode :tiphat:

creep
Site Admin

#958 Post by creep » Sun May 26, 2019 9:39 pm

i thought the documentary was really interesting. it's crazy how big a production it is. it was really interesting to see the table read when jon snow finds out he kills dany. the table read from season 1 was cool too.

chaos

#959 Post by chaos » Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 pm

This guy gives a critique and and alternate ending for GOT. It's worth watching/listening. His rewrite starts at 4:43. If you don't want to watch the whole thing I suggest you jump to 10:30.

Some features:
-The Night King is linked to the Children of the Forest
-Jon Snow dies
-Dany is pregnant, bends the knee, and kills the night king.
-Arya magic face stuff
-Jamie kills Cersi
-Epilogue: Five years later
Many were disappointed with the ending of Game of Thrones so I took the time to rewrite an alternate, new ending the way I would have liked to see. New plots for the Night King and several other characters.

Jump to my alternate ending: 4:43

I wish this guy wrote the final season.

perkana

#960 Post by perkana » Tue May 28, 2019 6:12 pm

I still liked the original ending...also
Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington enters rehab: Report
Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington has reportedly checked himself into rehab for stress and alcohol use.
Update: A rep for Harington confirmed to TMZ that “he has decided to utilize this break in his schedule as an opportunity to spend some time at a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues.”

Harington portrayed Jon Snow for eight season of HBO’s Game of Thrones. In the lead up to the show’s finale, he spoke candidly about how his character’s arc impacted him personally.

“My darkest period was when the show seemed to become so much about Jon when he died and came back,” he told Variety in an interview published back in March. “I really didn’t like the focus of the whole show coming onto Jon. When you become the cliffhanger of a TV show, and a TV show probably at the height of its power, the focus on you is fucking terrifying. That was a time when I started therapy and started talking to people. I had felt very unsafe, and I wasn’t talking to anyone.”

In a separate interview with Esquire, Harington admitted to having a “full-on breakdown” after filming his final scenes for GOT.

“My final day of shooting, I felt fine … I felt fine … I felt fine … then I went to do my last shots and started hyperventilating a bit …Then they called ‘wrap’ and I just fucking broke down. It was this onslaught of relief and grief about not being able to do this again,” he recounted. “But the weirdest bit was when we came off set and they started taking the costume off and it felt like being skinned … It felt like they were unceremoniously for the last time ripping off this character.”
I can see the others moving on, but Kit really has it tough in my opinion. I haven't seen him in any really interesting project.

Silent Hill: Revelation 2012 Vincent Smith
Pompeii 2014 Milo
How to Train Your Dragon 2 2014 Eret (voice)
Testament of Youth 2014 Roland Leighton
Seventh Son 2014 Billy Bradley
Spooks: The Greater Good 2015 Will Holloway
Brimstone 2016 Samuel
The Death and Life of John F. Donovan 2018 John F. Donovan
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 2019 Eret (voice)