White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Re: White House Firings, Resignations, Replacements etc . .

#51 Post by chaos » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Mattis resignation letter:

Juana

#52 Post by Juana » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:51 am

Maddog's resignation was definitely more of a "fuck you" than Sessions was. He was the only cabinet member I respected and really the only one that seemed qualified for the cabinet position he was appointed.

farrellgirl99

#53 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:45 pm

nothing new here, but it does make you shudder lol

By all accounts, Mr. Trump’s consumption of cable television has actually increased in recent months as his first scheduled meetings of the day have slid back from the 9 or 9:30 a.m. set by Reince Priebus, his first chief of staff, to roughly 11 many mornings. During “executive time,” Mr. Trump watches television in the residence for hours, reacting to what he sees on Fox News. While in the West Wing, he leaves it on during most meetings in the dining room off the Oval Office, one ear attuned to what is being said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/22/us/p ... e=Homepage

Pandemonium

#54 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Juana wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:51 am
Maddog's resignation was definitely more of a "fuck you" than Sessions was. He was the only cabinet member I respected and really the only one that seemed qualified for the cabinet position he was appointed.
Today, Trump in his latest dick move "fired" Mattis two months earlier than his resignation date.

Juana

#55 Post by Juana » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:01 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:07 pm
Juana wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:51 am
Today, Trump in his latest dick move "fired" Mattis two months earlier than his resignation date.
I doubt the Gen cares also me and some buddies (I will admit I half assed it all) made a record called Use Your Collusion I'm gonna see if I can share it

chaos

#56 Post by chaos » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:55 pm

chaos

#57 Post by chaos » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Sarah Sanders.

Good riddance!

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/t ... hite-house

Trump says press secretary Sarah Sanders leaving the White House
Politics Jun 13, 2019 4:29 PM EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) — White House press secretary Sarah Sanders will be leaving the Trump administration at the end of the month.

President Donald Trump announced the news on Twitter Wednesday. He says Sanders will be returning to her home state of Arkansas and has not immediately named a successor.

chaos

#58 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:59 am

Jon Huntsman
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... an-resigns

US Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman resigns
BY JESSICA CAMPISI - 08/06/19 11:28 AM EDT 1,790

U.S. Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman on Tuesday turned in his resignation letter to President Trump.

“American citizenship is a privilege and I believe the most basic responsibility in return is service to country,” Huntsman wrote. “To that end, I am honored by the trust you have placed in me as the United States ambassador to Russia during this historically difficult period in bilateral relations."

“It is my hope that this will allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed,” he added. “I pledge my full effort in facilitating a smooth transition that ensures our foreign policy goals are kept in proper focus.”

His resignation will take effect Oct. 3.

Huntsman, a former Utah governor, is planning to move back to the state in the fall and is reportedly weighing another gubernatorial run. He was expected to leave his role amid speculation that he would launch a bid to run for state office.

The 59-year-old ambassador was elected as Utah’s governor in 2004 and again in 2008. He left his post in 2009 to become the U.S. ambassador to China at former President Obama’s request.

He resigned in 2011 to pursue an ultimately unsuccessful GOP presidential run.

In his resignation letter, Huntsman added that he had told Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that he and his family wanted to go home “to reconnect with our growing family and responsibilities.”

Trump picked Huntsman to handle relations with Russia in his first year in the White House. Huntsman reportedly told the Trump administration at the time that he would serve in the role for two years.

Huntsman faced calls to step down after a Helsinki summit with Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2018, when Trump appeared to side with Putin regarding his denial of Moscow's interference in the 2016 election.

"I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today," Trump told reporters at the time.

Huntsman said at the time he would continue to serve in the "fragile" era of U.S.-Russia relations.

Huntsman also served as U.S. ambassador to Singapore in the early 1990s, as well as a deputy U.S. trade representative under former President George W. Bush.
Last edited by chaos on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaos

#59 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:06 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Ratcliffe withdraws from consideration for intelligence chief less than a week after Trump picked him

Josh Dawsey ,Ashley Parker and John Wagner
August 2

President Trump announced Friday that Rep. John Ratcliffe, his embattled pick to lead the nation’s intelligence community, was withdrawing from consideration and will remain in Congress after lawmakers raised questions about his qualifications and whether he had padded his résumé.

Trump said he will announce a new pick for director of national intelligence shortly.

In tweets, Trump said that Ratcliffe (R-Tex.) was being treated “very unfairly” by the media.

“Rather than going through months of slander and libel, I explained to John how miserable it would be for him and his family to deal with these people,” Trump wrote. “John has therefore decided to stay in Congress where he has done such an outstanding job representing the people of Texas, and our Country.”

Even by the tumultuous standards of the Trump administration, Ratcliffe’s nomination, which fell apart in less than a week, was a spectacular flameout

The president announced via tweet Sunday that he intended to nominate Ratcliffe as director of national intelligence to replace Daniel Coats. That came as a surprise to White House aides, who had not vetted the three-term congressman and believed that he was in the running for a different position, possibly secretary of homeland security, according to officials familiar with the matter, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

Eager to show that he had a ready replacement, Trump sent the tweet after seeing news reports that Coats was resigning and Ratcliffe was a possible nominee, the officials said.

Trump and Coats, a former senator and ambassador to Germany, had a rocky relationship. But Trump liked Ratcliffe because he was a strident critic of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation, and the two had spent time together at the White House in recent weeks, officials said.

Trump seemed to think that the announcement would be well received, according to the officials. But key Republicans in Congress quickly signaled that Ratcliffe lacked the national security expertise that the job requires by law. Ratcliffe’s colleagues also described him as one of the least involved members of the House Intelligence Committee, who hasn’t traveled abroad to get a front-line view of intelligence operations since he joined the committee seven months ago. That raised doubts about whether he was prepared to oversee a sprawling intelligence bureaucracy of 17 agencies with a budget of about $60 billion.

Records and interviews with former colleagues also showed that Ratcliffe had exaggerated his role in terrorism and immigration enforcement cases when he served as a federal prosecutor in Texas. During his campaign and on his congressional website, Ratcliffe had boasted that he “arrested 300 illegal immigrants on a single day.” That turned out not to be true. Former colleagues also said he didn’t play a significant role in a major terrorism case as he has claimed.

chaos

#60 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 am

Buh-bye John Bolton.

chaos

#61 Post by chaos » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am

:pop: :drink:
chaos wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:09 am
Buh-bye John Bolton.

Pandemonium

#62 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 pm

chaos wrote:
Buh-bye John Bolton.
One shitcanning I have no problem with. Bolton was a warmonger, given time he probably would have gotten us into war with Switzerland.

Hype

#63 Post by Hype » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:27 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 pm
chaos wrote:
Buh-bye John Bolton.
One shitcanning I have no problem with. Bolton was a warmonger, given time he probably would have gotten us into war with Switzerland.
Ah man, cheap chocolate and Ricola? Why would you be against that?!

mockbee

#64 Post by mockbee » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 pm
chaos wrote:
Buh-bye John Bolton.
Agreed, this is the best news to date coming out of the whole trump disaster.

chaos

#65 Post by chaos » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:01 pm

By Matthew Lee | AP
September 27, 2019 at 9:24 p.m. EDT

WASHINGTON — Kurt Volker, a former U.S. ambassador to NATO caught in the middle of a whistleblower complaint over the President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, resigned Friday from his post as special envoy to the Eastern European nation, according to a U.S. official.

The official said Volker told Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday of his decision to leave the job, following disclosures that he had connected Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani with Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his family over allegedly corrupt business dealings.

Giuliani has said he was in frequent contact with Volker about his efforts. The State Department had no immediate comment on his resignation and has said only that Volker put Giuliani in touch with an aide to Ukraine’s president.

Pompeo said Thursday that as far as he knew, all State Department employees had acted appropriately in dealing with Ukraine.

Volker was brought into the Trump administration by former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to serve as envoy for Ukraine. He worked in a volunteer capacity and had retained his job as head of the John McCain Institute for International Leadership at Arizona State University. Arizona State’s student newspaper was the first to report his resignation.

chaos

#66 Post by chaos » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:45 pm

SR

#67 Post by SR » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:34 am

His agent said he could be the first to appear twice on Dancing With The Stars if he does

chaos

#68 Post by chaos » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:45 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-kevin- ... 40837.html

McAleenan, acting Homeland Security secretary, stepping down
Associated Press COLLEEN LONG,Associated Press 13 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Kevin McAleenan, a career civil servant who became the unlikely point man for President Donald Trump's hardline immigration policies, is stepping down as acting Homeland Security secretary after six months on the job.

McAleenan told The Associated Press he was leaving on his own terms — a contrast to other top administration officials pushed out during Trump's tenure. But his departure ends an awkward period of leadership — one in which McAleenan delighted Trump by getting border crossing numbers to fall yet remained an outsider in an administration where top figures — including in his own department — were brash Trump supporters popular on conservative media.

A White House official with knowledge of the decision confirmed that it was McAleenan's decision. The official wasn't authorized to speak publicly and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity. Trump tweeted that McAleenan was leaving to spend more time with his family and go to the private sector.

No replacement was yet named at the department, which has seen its ranks decimated through firings and resignations. The acting DHS deputy secretary is the head of the Transportation Security Administration.

And it creates yet another top-level vacancy in Trump's Cabinet — at the department responsible not only for immigration enforcement but also for helping states secure elections.

chaos

#69 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 am

I think Jim Jordan's day has finally come, but who knows.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/re ... r-n1078476

Referee says he told Rep. Jim Jordan that Ohio State doctor performed sex act in shower
The referee said the response of Jordan and another former coach was, "Yeah, yeah, we know."
Nov. 7, 2019, 9:21 PM EST
By Corky Siemaszko

A professional referee says in a lawsuit filed Thursday that disgraced doctor Richard Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower after a wrestling match at Ohio State University, and that he reported the encounter directly to Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who was then the assistant coach.

“Yeah, that’s Strauss,” Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson replied, according to the lawsuit, when the referee, identified in court papers as John Doe 42, told them about the incident. The lawsuit, filed in federal court in Ohio, implies that Jordan's response to the incident, which the referee said happened in 1994, was essentially a shrug.

John Doe 42 is the second person to say he told Jordan directly about either being approached or molested by Strauss, who was found by independent investigators to have sexually abused 177 male students over two decades.

Jordan, a powerful Republican congressman and a top defender of President Donald Trump in the ongoing impeachment inquiry, has repeatedly denied knowing anything about what Strauss did to the wrestlers he helped coach from 1986 to 1994. He has said the allegations against him were politically motivated.

John Doe 42 said that when he informed Jordan and Hellickson about what happened, their response was, “Yeah, yeah, we know.”

“It was common knowledge what Strauss was doing, so the attitude was it is what it is,” he told NBC News. “I wish Jim, and Russ, too, would stand up and do the right thing and admit they knew what Strauss was doing, because everybody knew what he was doing to the wrestlers. What was a shock to me is that Strauss tried to do that to me. He was breaking new ground by going after a ref.”

Former Ohio State wrestler Dunyasha Yetts was the first person to say he spoke to Jordan directly about Strauss. He previously described how he went to see Strauss for a thumb injury, and when the doctor tried to pull down his pants, he stormed out and complained to Jordan and Hellickson.

“It’s good that people are starting to come forward and say the truth, which is that Jordan and the other coaches knew what was going on and they blew it off,” Yetts told NBC News.

chaos

#70 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:40 am

:lol:

chaos

#71 Post by chaos » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Mick Mulvaney has been replaced with Mark Meadows.

chaos

#72 Post by chaos » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Kellyanne Conway to leave the White House at the end of the month, citing the need to focus on her family

By Ashley Parker
August 23, 2020 at 10:39 p.m. EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... Fstory-ans

chaos

#73 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:38 pm

https://hillreporter.com/breaking-defen ... tter-84408

BREAKING: Defense Secretary Drafts Resignation Letter
BY BRANDON GAGE November 5, 2020

Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has drafted a resignation later because he expects to be fired by President Donald Trump sometime after the election, three separate Defense Department sources told NBC News exclusively on Thursday afternoon.

According to reporting by NBC’s Courtney Kube and Carol E. Lee:

Esper prepared his letter because he is one of the Cabinet officials long expected to be pushed out after the election.

As his tenure may be coming to an end, Esper is helping members of Congress draft legislation that will strip names of Confederate leaders from military bases in a move that could put him further at odds with President Donald Trump.

This singular issue has distended into an irreparable schism between Esper and Trump:

Two current defense officials said Esper believes that if he announces the renaming it could lead Trump to fire him. But Esper is not pushing the renaming because he wants to get fired, according to two other defense officials, who insist he believes this issue is important.

Esper is also thinking about his legacy, said the two officials. He earned the nickname ‘Yesper’ from lawmakers and White House officials for, in their view, his willingness to implement Trump’s agenda without pushing back. ‘He cares about his legacy and prefers to be remembered as someone who was fired because he stood up to the president, rather than being remembered as Yesper,’ one defense official said.

The White House refused to comment on “personnel matters or speculate on potential changes within the administration,” NBC’s report said.

Trump has long-defended the legacies of Confederate military leaders, who led Southern troops in an insurrection over slavery against the North, leading to the American Civil War. At least 600,000 Americans died in the conflict.

Artemis

#74 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

:lol:

chaos

#75 Post by chaos » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:27 am