Black Sabbath Reunites with Ozzy (again)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Re: Black Sabbath Reunites with Ozzy (again)

#26 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 am

On one hand, Ward apparently did get a shitty deal when he signed on to do the late 90's reunion with Sabbath, but on the other hand, the guy is a shadow of his former self, even back on that reunion. Seeing as this may very well be the last time Tony Iommi tours even if he gets through the cancer issue, they should get their shit together if they seriously want to do this and not go out under rather pathetic circumstances. It's just kind of sad, Ward really stuck by Ozzy all these years, dropping out of Sabbath when Ozzy was out (although on at least one occasion, it was because he was an alcoholic mess and couldn't tour in '84).

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Looks like the reunion's falling apart. Now it's been announced the only show will be an "Ozzy and Friends" festival gig w/Geezer Butler and Zakk Wylde and probably whoever the replacement drummer is for Bill Ward at the Download this Summer. And it doesn't sound good for Iommi.

Mescal

#28 Post by Mescal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Looks like the reunion's falling apart. Now it's been announced the only show will be an "Ozzy and Friends" festival gig w/Geezer Butler and Zakk Wylde and probably whoever the replacement drummer is for Bill Ward at the Download this Summer. And it doesn't sound good for Iommi.
Yeah, Graspop in Belgium too.

Black Sabbath were scheduled to play, now it's just Ozzy

Mescal

#29 Post by Mescal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Pandemonium wrote:On one hand, Ward apparently did get a shitty deal when he signed on to do the late 90's reunion with Sabbath, but on the other hand, the guy is a shadow of his former self, even back on that reunion. Seeing as this may very well be the last time Tony Iommi tours even if he gets through the cancer issue, they should get their shit together if they seriously want to do this and not go out under rather pathetic circumstances. It's just kind of sad, Ward really stuck by Ozzy all these years, dropping out of Sabbath when Ozzy was out (although on at least one occasion, it was because he was an alcoholic mess and couldn't tour in '84).
I saw that late 90's reunion show.

Ward indeed was terrible

Larry B.

#30 Post by Larry B. » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Mescal wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Looks like the reunion's falling apart. Now it's been announced the only show will be an "Ozzy and Friends" festival gig w/Geezer Butler and Zakk Wylde and probably whoever the replacement drummer is for Bill Ward at the Download this Summer. And it doesn't sound good for Iommi.
Yeah, Graspop in Belgium too.

Black Sabbath were scheduled to play, now it's just Ozzy
:sad:

That sucks. I'm guessing Puff will be on drums...? Basically, same old Ozzy. Doesn't interest me at all. No historical value.

Juana

#31 Post by Juana » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah but I'm happy Zakk is going to be playing with him on these shows if Tony can not make the shows.

Mescal

#32 Post by Mescal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:37 am

I wasn't planning on going to the Sabbath reunion either.

I've been dissapointed too many times in these reunion things. JA is 20 beyond their time, Sabbath is 40.

Ozzy in very fine form here

Mescal

#33 Post by Mescal » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 am

It's gonna be Slash on guitar, not Zak.

I love Slash though.

Guns N Roses (well Axl and his hired Guns) are playing the same festival. Maybe there'll be a reunion :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#34 Post by Hokahey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:02 am

I really wish the original GnR would reunite. Fake GnR sells out arenas as is. Imagine how well real GnR would do.

Pandemonium

#35 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 pm

hokahey wrote:I really wish the original GnR would reunite. Fake GnR sells out arenas as is. Imagine how well real GnR would do.
They'd have to go with Matt Sorum on drums, Steven Adler can't cut it on the level a GnR show would demand anymore.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#36 Post by Hokahey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
hokahey wrote:I really wish the original GnR would reunite. Fake GnR sells out arenas as is. Imagine how well real GnR would do.
They'd have to go with Matt Sorum on drums, Steven Adler can't cut it on the level a GnR show would demand anymore.
I think Axl, Slash and Duff would be enough for most people to feel like they're seeing the real deal.

sonny

#37 Post by sonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:26 pm

as far as GNR goes, i think even with duff and slash back in the picture, it's still gonna be the axl show, much like jane's addiction. it'll never be this rough scruffy band that everyone fell in love with. axl is too far gone.

in my opinion, some of these folks find moments of humbleness, speaking of perry, roth, eddie, axl, but as soon as they reach a reasonable amount of adoration from these sick die hard fans blow smoking up their ass, they fall right back into their ego driven self and it goes right back to that bad place that broke it all apart.

sonny

#38 Post by sonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm

as for black sabbath, i think ozzy and sharon will never forget how tommi and the band dumped him. it's amazing ozzy was able to have a career after black sabbath, but he was able to do so. and the reality is, he has the upper hand in any negotiations with that group of folks. he and sharon will never again, let them think for one second they can do this without ozzy. for that reason, the other 3 will never get an equal share, nor will they be treated as an equal.

ozzy doesn't need black sabbath. he can do those songs all day long with zakk and 90% of the people don't care.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#39 Post by Hokahey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:35 pm

sonny wrote:as far as GNR goes, i think even with duff and slash back in the picture, it's still gonna be the axl show, much like jane's addiction. it'll never be this rough scruffy band that everyone fell in love with. axl is too far gone.

in my opinion, some of these folks find moments of humbleness, speaking of perry, roth, eddie, axl, but as soon as they reach a reasonable amount of adoration from these sick die hard fans blow smoking up their ass, they fall right back into their ego driven self and it goes right back to that bad place that broke it all apart.
So true.

I'm definitely more of a casual GnR fan, so it would be exciting for me. I wouldn't have any expectations that they be the band I fell in love with as a kid or anything.

Makes me think about the people going to see Jane's that feel that way too. I have some random friends on FB that I dont really talk to or know very well SO stoked for this show. I'm sure they couldn't name one band member outside of Dave and Perry and have no clue that the original bass player wont be there.

Ha. That reminded me of the time Esqfool and I (ran in to each other there) were seeing The Music at the same venue Jane's is playing and some guy was talking about how great it was that Eric was back in Jane's for Jubilee.

Which reminds me even further of the people around us at Jubilee that thought Martyn was Eric.

Man, I've been seeing Jane's shows with Esqfool for 11 years now.

Artemis

#40 Post by Artemis » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm not going to start a seperate Black Sabbath, so will just put this here.

Charles Bradley cover of Changes.

creep
Site Admin

#41 Post by creep » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:24 pm

sonny wrote:as for black sabbath, i think ozzy and sharon will never forget how tommi and the band dumped him. it's amazing ozzy was able to have a career after black sabbath, but he was able to do so. and the reality is, he has the upper hand in any negotiations with that group of folks. he and sharon will never again, let them think for one second they can do this without ozzy. for that reason, the other 3 will never get an equal share, nor will they be treated as an equal.

ozzy doesn't need black sabbath. he can do those songs all day long with zakk and 90% of the people don't care.

hey it's sonny.
Last visited:
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:57 pm
i guess he still pops his head in here every now and then :sonny:

Bandit72

#42 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 am

Yesterday I went to see the Black Sabbath exhibition here where I live. Man it was great. The website below gives a flavour of what's there. They even had a rack of 8 guitars you could sit down and play! What still amazes me is when you see kids going around in awe, who obviously weren't even born when this music was written.

https://www.birminghammuseums.org.uk/bm ... h-50-years

Bandit72

#43 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 am

Ozzy looks and sounds fucked :sad: Can't see him on stage again unfortunately. Hoped to be proven wrong.

Pandemonium

#44 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:25 pm

Bandit72 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:25 am
Ozzy looks and sounds fucked :sad: Can't see him on stage again unfortunately. Hoped to be proven wrong.

He actually looks pretty decent for his age and condition, Perry should look into whoever is doing the work on him. But I agree, he sounds just... feeble in that interview. He's had a few shows including one at the Hollywood Bowl postponed and rescheduled for a couple years now and he's still got a pretty heavy tour schedule set to start back up in May that runs through the end of the year that I just don't see happening at this point.

Pandemonium

#45 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:38 pm

A few recent photos of Ozzy sans all the makeup and hair dye have come out on the 'net. Seeing the pics, made me realize I had never listened to his last studio album which came out months ago. Weirdly, at least the first half of the album has somewhat of a Janes vibe to the music - think Ozzy singing over TGEA tracks.

kv

#46 Post by kv » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Not bad for being in his 70's (the pic)

Larry B.

#47 Post by Larry B. » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:50 am

He actually looks beautiful, and makes me doubt a little whether that's a candid picture or not.

kv

#48 Post by kv » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:31 pm

I'm sure he's had work done...if not let us all be so lucky

Bandit72

#49 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 am

kv wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:31 pm
I'm sure he's had work done...if not let us all be so lucky
Oh he has for sure. And Sharon has basically someone elses face.