Question Re Amazon Fire TV Remote Replacement

off-topic conversation unrelated to Jane's Addiction
chaos

Question Re Amazon Fire TV Remote Replacement

#1 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm

My Fire TV remote died tonight (yes, I'm sure). Ideally I would have preferred to just get the same Amazon Fire TV remote but that does not appear to be an option. :noclue: Now I am using my phone as the remote via the amazon app. I have a 2nd generation Amazon Fire TV box, and a Bravia TV that is 10-11 years old. I don't do any gaming on the TV.

Has anyone used the Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth wireless remote, or something similar? Should I just keep using my phone as a remote and not bother with anything else?

blackcoffee

Re: Question Re Amazon Fire TV Remote Replacement

#2 Post by blackcoffee » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm

Because of the prime app available through Apple TV, we've ceased to use our firestick and/or remote to access Prime. So, you might find a market of used remotes out there.

JOEinPHX

#3 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:19 am

blackcoffee wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 pm
Because of the prime app available through Apple TV, we've ceased to use our firestick and/or remote to access Prime. So, you might find a market of used remotes out there.
AppleTV for the win. :rockon:

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:57 pm

chaos wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 pm
My Fire TV remote died tonight (yes, I'm sure). Ideally I would have preferred to just get the same Amazon Fire TV remote but that does not appear to be an option. :noclue: Now I am using my phone as the remote via the amazon app. I have a 2nd generation Amazon Fire TV box, and a Bravia TV that is 10-11 years old. I don't do any gaming on the TV.

Has anyone used the Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth wireless remote, or something similar? Should I just keep using my phone as a remote and not bother with anything else?
10 bucks on Woot right now

Amazon Alexa Voice Remote for Fire TV - $9.99 - Free shipping for Prime members https://electronics.woot.com/offers/ama ... source=app

chaos

#5 Post by chaos » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 pm

I decided not to get a used Amazon remote. I got this instead.