Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
guysmiley

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#751 Post by guysmiley » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:47 am

As much as I want to agree with you, Isn't it our, the public's fault? Not having basic human interaction skills and learning how to spot a fraud? We get who we deserve. And we are not a noble people. :drink:

chaos

#752 Post by chaos » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:53 am

:lol:

mockbee

#753 Post by mockbee » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:45 am

guysmiley wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:47 am
As much as I want to agree with you, Isn't it our, the public's fault? Not having basic human interaction skills and learning how to spot a fraud? We get who we deserve. And we are not a noble people. :drink:
I think you make two important statements here.

One: We get who we deserve. - Yes, we do. Trump is not a singularity. He reflects our culture and people. There is definitely an unseemliness to this. Our culture is sick. We are saying, stuff isn't right here. We all KNOW this. Here, obviously, is affirmation of that.
And I would argue, we are all sick in some way. Some people are depressed and suicidal, some people are angry, some people are vengeful, some people are disillusioned or just in total denial. We are all in this boat together. Just right now, the most despicable indication of this condition is showing. We are not currently aware enough to be in the healing mood. Most people, on the left and right, are guilty of this. If we think half the American people (the other half) are despicable people almost worthy of extermination, then we are going down a really bad path.....

Two: We are not a noble people. NO, WE ARE NOT! And we have not been through most all of our history. How could we be any different?! We are American! Now, there are not just bad qualities to not being "noble". Certainly, there are bad qualities, like being racist/ruthless/violent/etc. But, there are good qualities as well. We don't have to lean on our racist past. We are also opportunistic. Opening opportunity for whoever is good. Sure, that can be a noble quality, but it can also be antithesis to people who pride themselves as noble, like many countries in Europe. We are scrappy, and work really hard (natives and immigrants alike), and expect liberty and freedom.

What I am concerned about is that, these good qualities, that can be antithesis of a "nobility" are being hijacked by Trump, and they are being left to rot by the opposition.

Hype

#754 Post by Hype » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:13 pm

We get who we deserve. - Yes, we do.
No. Please don't believe this. It's wrong. It's a sophistical belief based on generalizing from who you think you and people like you are, and what you and they did. But it completely ignores the many, many citizens who don't deserve it, who couldn't prevent it no matter how hard they tried, and who are suffering and even dying now as a result.

mockbee

#755 Post by mockbee » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Hype wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:13 pm
We get who we deserve. - Yes, we do.
No. Please don't believe this. It's wrong. It's a sophistical belief based on generalizing from who you think you and people like you are, and what you and they did. But it completely ignores the many, many citizens who don't deserve it, who couldn't prevent it no matter how hard they tried, and who are suffering and even dying now as a result.
Sure, no one deserves Trump. I guess, saying in almost the same way, we get who speaks to us. It appears we hear Trump. He's the one to wake up the elites. It would be better to have Warren or Sanders to wake up the elites, just they weren't set for the current media age. The elites are not aware of the suffering. I think you and I do agree there is great suffering. There was suffering before Trump. Capitalism, as it is fashioned now in America, is crushing people, it's not just Trump. I think he speaks/represents the anger of no one listening. That's why Bernie did so well, just didn't quite have it.

chaos

#756 Post by chaos » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Twitter has been too funny today. :lol:

Some responses:

SR

#757 Post by SR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am

mockbee wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:38 am

I will have to say that Trumps brilliance at media manipulation and persuasion never ceases to amaze me. Truly.

He runs a master class on 21st century persuasion where it counts......

:noclue:
I am on the waiting list for the windmill/cancer cell connection.

mockbee

#758 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 am

SR wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am
mockbee wrote:

I will have to say that Trumps brilliance at media manipulation and persuasion never ceases to amaze me. Truly.

WRAUOOOOW - WRAUOOOOW - WRAUOOOOW :lol:

Don't know if you have seen this, but it's pretty compelling. The cancer shtick is bunk, Trump knows this, but health risks and environmental risks, absolutely! So he gaslights the left. Windfarms should be nowhere near people.... :noclue:

Roger Ebert gave the film 3 out of 4 stars, writing that the film "left me disheartened. I thought wind energy was something I could believe in. This film suggests it's just another corporate flim-flam game." He notes that there is doubtless a legion of wind-power activists and lobbyists who would counter-argue the points made in Windfall, but asks "How many of them live on wind farms?"[1]

SR

#759 Post by SR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:55 am

"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you."

-Roger Ebert

mockbee

#760 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:03 am

FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE PRESIDENT TRUMP’S NEXT OUTBURST WILL BE THE ONE THAT FINALLY BRINGS HIM DOWN. IN FACT, THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS TRUE: HIS OUTRAGEOUS ANTICS AND WILD LIES ARE HIS BIGGEST STRENGTH.

This may drive you a little crazy. Amanda Carpenter says: That’s the point. Over the years, Trump has developed a winning formula that forces anyone who stands in his way into a discombobulated state of weakness and confusion.

In Gaslighting America, Carpenter breaks down Trump’s playbook, showing why it’s practically foolproof, manipulating all the major players—the Republicans, the Democrats, the media, and the victims of his method—perfectly. She traces how this tactic started with Nixon, gained traction with Bill Clinton, and exploded under Trump.

Carpenter explains that when Trump seizes control over the political narrative, he always follows the same steps. First, he stakes out political territory no one else would dare occupy, taking over the news cycle. Next, he denies responsibility while simultaneously advancing the story. His third step may be his most maddening: he creates suspense for his story by saying more information is coming soon. His fourth step is carefully selecting a detractor to attack, often finding the weakest opponent or someone who will be severely damaged by taking a roll in the mud with him. If he’s successful, and sometimes even when he’s not, he’ll proceed to the fifth step: declaring victory under any circumstance.

SR

#761 Post by SR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 am

He doesn't seize anything; he is gifted it by people who accept lies as truths. But you have the benefit of having read this book; I have not.

mockbee

#762 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 am

Who doesn't accept lies to one degree or another as truth?
:hs:

You, we all, have to. How would anybody make it through the day?! :nod:

We are all guilty of this. And it is not our fault.

Yea, its that degree of truth that counts, but who are the elite to say that the truths of the people who are struggling each day are invalid?

And if we go...what about the racists?! That is exactly where Trump wants you to go. Call 50% or more of the American public racists. That is simply not true.

There are racists for sure, but I would put the figure closer to 15% of the American public who are politically dangerous racists. I dont care about them.
Last edited by mockbee on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

SR

#763 Post by SR » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 am

You win.

Nothing but necessary truths should be relied upon. I was a born male. That's all I know

mockbee

#764 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 am

Hype

#765 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:19 pm

mockbee wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 am
SR wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:43 am
mockbee wrote:

WRAUOOOOW - WRAUOOOOW - WRAUOOOOW :lol:

Don't know if you have seen this, but it's pretty compelling. The cancer shtick is bunk, Trump knows this, but health risks and environmental risks, absolutely! So he gaslights the left. Windfarms should be nowhere near people.... :noclue:

Roger Ebert gave the film 3 out of 4 stars, writing that the film "left me disheartened. I thought wind energy was something I could believe in. This film suggests it's just another corporate flim-flam game." He notes that there is doubtless a legion of wind-power activists and lobbyists who would counter-argue the points made in Windfall, but asks "How many of them live on wind farms?"[1]
Yeah, so... this is almost entirely BS. There were over 80 windmills on a small island just across from where I used to live. I've been up close around them. They're fine. I know farmers who are going solar, first though, because it's easy for a family to install panels. Much harder to install a personal wind-turbine.

Artemis

#766 Post by Artemis » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:57 am

Artemis

#767 Post by Artemis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm

mockbee

#768 Post by mockbee » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I think Taibbi hits it out of the park.... :nod: :sad:

If you're wondering if Taibbi is a Trump apologist, I'd encourage you to go ahead and read any one of his other articles in the last 20 years.
:bigrin:

We're in a permanent coup
Americans might soon wish they just waited to vote their way out of the Trump era

I’ve lived through a few coups. They’re insane, random, and terrifying, like watching sports, except your political future depends on the score.

The kickoff begins when a key official decides to buck the executive. From that moment, government becomes a high-speed head-counting exercise. Who’s got the power plant, the airport, the police in the capital? How many department chiefs are answering their phones? Who’s writing tonight’s newscast?

When the KGB in 1991 tried to reassume control of the crumbling Soviet Union by placing Mikhail Gorbachev under arrest and attempting to seize Moscow, logistics ruled. Boris Yeltsin’s crew drove to the Russian White House in ordinary cars, beating KGB coup plotters who were trying to reach the seat of Russian government in armored vehicles. A key moment came when one of Yeltsin’s men, Alexander Rutskoi – who two years later would himself lead a coup against Yeltsin – prevailed upon a Major in a tank unit to defy KGB orders and turn on the “criminals.”

We have long been spared this madness in America. Our head-counting ceremony was Election Day. We did it once every four years.

That’s all over, in the Trump era...................

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/were-in-a-permanent-coup

SR

#769 Post by SR » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:55 am

or read his book on his experience from the campaign trail.... :nod: it was very good

mockbee

#770 Post by mockbee » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:24 am

Taibbi is a curious read. He gets it for the most part, but is still not quite there on Trumps deep understanding of what is going on here.

His intro to Insane Clown President (the campaign book) is good. It gets 90% of it right, but there is 10% that is still quite wrong/antiquated thinking.

The longer the media plays the buffoon card, the longer it's going to take to right this ship.

mockbee

#771 Post by mockbee » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 am

In case there was any notion of doubt (hope......), it still seems readily apparent to me that Trump will be winning 2020 easily. Bigger electoral win than 2016. He'll get Minnesota and maybe a couple other states.

Dems and Media still in the woods.
:balls:

chaos

#772 Post by chaos » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:26 am

DJT booed at World Series (around 28 seconds in)

Pandemonium

#773 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:59 pm

chaos wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:26 am
DJT booed at World Series (around 28 seconds in)
Anti Trump city and an Anti Trumper was picked to throw out the first pitch. The tone was definitely set. It was reminiscent of Michelle Obama getting booed at NASCAR. Who didn’t see that one coming? The country has become so split down the middle due to politics there's no refuge to be had in any sort of entertainment anymore.

chaos

#774 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:08 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/nyre ... -york.html

Trump Ordered to Pay $2 Million to Charities for Misuse of Foundation

The president admitted he had used funds raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his campaign and pay business debts.
A fund-raiser for veterans that Mr. Trump held in Iowa was in fact a campaign event, he acknowledged.

By Alan Feuer
Nov. 7, 2019

A state judge ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages to nonprofit groups on Thursday after the president admitted misusing money raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his presidential bid, pay off business debts and purchase a portrait of himself for one of his hotels.
The settlement, which was finalized last month and announced on Thursday in the judge’s order, included a detailed admission of misconduct that is rare for the president, who has long employed a scorched-earth approach toward fighting lawsuits.

Among Mr. Trump’s admissions in court papers: The charity gave his campaign complete control over disbursing the $2.8 million that the foundation had raised at a fund-raiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, only days before the state’s presidential nominating caucuses. The fund-raiser, he acknowledged, was in fact a campaign event.
The president also admitted to using the foundation to settle the legal obligations of companies he owned, including Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida, and the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County, N.Y. And he acknowledged that the foundation purchased the $10,000 portrait of Mr. Trump, which was ultimately displayed at one of his Florida hotels.

Though he had admitted wrongdoing in court papers, Mr. Trump attacked what he described as “the political hacks in New York State” in a defiant statement posted on Twitter on Thursday night, claiming that the foundation had given “100 percent of the funds to great charities” and that he had suffered “4 years of politically motivated harassment” by the attorney general’s office.

DJT's response:

mockbee

#775 Post by mockbee » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Anyone paying attention to this....................?