Poll: Biden or Sanders has better chance vs. Trump?

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc

Poll: Biden or Sanders has better chance vs. Trump?

Biden
27%
Sanders
73%

Total votes: 15

Hype

Re: Poll: Biden or Sanders has better chance vs. Trump?

#26 Post by Hype » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:27 am

mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 am
Hype wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:06 am
mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:58 am
That's sort of right.

:noclue:

Except that unless something changes, I am also right... :wink:
Can we just stick "wing" on the end of every time you say "right"? :wiggle:

I'm left of you.... :wink:

Cuba baby....
:lol: Maybe you're right.

mockbee

#27 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:35 am

I do admit I am all over the place. But I do feel pretty strongly there is a consistent/workable theme.

:thumb:

mockbee

#28 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 am

Hype wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:27 am
mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:19 am
Hype wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:06 am
mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:58 am
That's sort of right.

Except that unless something changes, I am also right... :wink:
Can we just stick "wing" on the end of every time you say "right"? :wiggle:

I'm left of you.... :wink:

Cuba baby....
:lol: Maybe you're right.
:essence:

LEFT! :wave:

mockbee

#29 Post by mockbee » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:42 am

SR wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:43 am
mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:25 am
Bernie will be fine in Texas. I now think he'll win.

I am very curious how the black vote goes (both turnout and %) in South Carolina. Thats the turning point if there is one. :noclue:

If he actually does acheive 1,991 delegates before convention, the DNC is finished, or will have to burn the place down..... :flip:
Translation: "I may nor be right, but I'm NEVER wrong". :lolol:

Where am I not "right"?

Just cause Bernie might get Texas and win the most delegates doesnt lock the nom....

Juana

#30 Post by Juana » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:37 pm

mockbee wrote:

I am very curious how the black vote goes (both turnout and %) in South Carolina. Thats the turning point if there is one. :noclue:

If he actually does acheive 1,991 delegates before convention, the DNC is finished, or will have to burn the place down..... :flip:
Bernie will win TX hell he let Pinata Protest play his rally

SR

#31 Post by SR » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:09 am

mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:42 am
SR wrote:
mockbee wrote:

Where am I not "right"?

Just cause Bernie might get Texas and win the most delegates doesnt lock the nom....

You've been adamantly screaming Biden will win the nom for pages (with all the subtleness of a ball peen hammer bangin on balls)

mockbee

#32 Post by mockbee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am

SR wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:09 am
mockbee wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:42 am
SR wrote:
mockbee wrote:

If he actually does acheive 1,991 delegates before convention, the DNC is finished, or will have to burn the place down :jasper: ..... :flip:

Where am I not "right"?

You've been adamantly screaming Biden will win the nom for pages (with all the subtleness of a ball peen hammer bangin on balls)
Yeah, nothings changed.
1991 "pledged" prior to convention doesnt mean automatic nomination..... :noclue:
Half of 3,979 is 1,989.5. Democratic National Committee officials say that on the first ballot, a candidate must win one delegate more than that, or 1,990.5, which is rounded up to reach the magic number: 1,991. (If a candidate won 1,990 pledged delegates on the first ballot, D.N.C. officials say, that would not be sufficient.)

So, in summary, the quickest and least complicated way to win the nomination is for a candidate to secure 1,991 pledged delegates on the first ballot at the Democratic National Convention in July.
Just best practices...
Wait for Milwaukee, then tell me I'm wrong.:wink:

Maybe I need to be more blunt.... :lolol:

chaos

#33 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:22 am

This is Biden's third time running for President, and he has never won ONE primary/caucus.

A lot can happen between now and the convention. I really don't think Bernie will get the needed delegates or get the nomination at the convention.

mockbee

#34 Post by mockbee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:30 am

chaos wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:22 am

I really don't think Bernie will get the needed delegates or get the nomination at the convention.
Do you say that because you think his policies/campaigning is bad, or a critical mass of Democrats in the big states just aren't there to support him?

Just curious. :wave:

chaos

#35 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:36 am

Add up the number of people who support Biden, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and Bloomberg. When some of these people start dropping out, I don't think their supporters are going to go over to Bernie's camp.

mockbee

#36 Post by mockbee » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:52 am

Yeah, I dont know the math on 1991. Like Bernie could get CA TX FL and various other "progressive" states and still not get there? :noclue:

Well, I never said he WILL get 1991. Just he will be really close with Warren delegates AND delegates who just want to join a formidable candidate.

:tiphat:

SR

#37 Post by SR » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:09 pm

I think Bernie has significant momentum in the race towards the nod right now. Bloomy and Biden in SC could chill the momentum, but even there I think Bernie will show well. He will absorb all of Warren's people once she's gone, and the never trumpers from the other camps. Many of the moderates are looking at '16 and saying....'look where moderation has gotten us'.

chaos

#38 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:34 pm

FYI - Bloomberg is not on the SC ballot.

SR

#39 Post by SR » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Ah, yes. Super T

chaos

#40 Post by chaos » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Mockbee may be right since Mayor Pete dropped out before Super Tuesday. :hide:

mockbee

#41 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:06 pm

Amy Klobuchar Drops Out of Presidential Race and Plans to Endorse Biden
Ms. Klobuchar made her decision hours before Super Tuesday. She shocked the primary field with a third-place finish in New Hampshire, but ultimately could not compete with better-funded rivals.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/us/p ... e=Homepage

Ta-daaaa!
:hehe:

:wavesad:

:lol:

Artemis

#42 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:52 pm

I liked Amy, too bad she had to drop out. I don't like that she immediately backed Biden.

SR

#43 Post by SR » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Strap in. Should be quite a ride tomorrow. Kinda cool to actually have my vote count this go around. Sucks for the people (1 million here in Cali) who've already voted possibly for the drop outs.

mockbee

#44 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:23 pm

SR wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:19 pm
Sucks for the people (1 million here in Cali) who've already voted possibly for the drop outs.
Yeah, that's sorta weird isn't it....? :confused:

Hype

#45 Post by Hype » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:17 pm

I predict Biden will win the popular vote by, I don't know... a million votes? But all of those votes will be in California. Trump reelected. But not a landslide.

mockbee

#46 Post by mockbee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:34 am

SR wrote:
Strap in. Should be quite a ride tomorrow. Kinda cool to actually have my vote count this go around. Sucks for the people (1 million here in Cali) who've already voted possibly for the drop outs.
I assume you are hoping Bernie doesn't do too well......

If Bernie wins out (gets half/+ states incl. TX/CA)....you are in big trouble, and Hype will lose his bet...... :flip:

Biden will (seems obvious to me already :eyes: :lol: )wither and die vs Trump.......

Just trying to be as clear and blunt as possible here, wouldn't want any confusion........:lolol:

mockbee

#47 Post by mockbee » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:28 am

mockbee wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:23 pm
SR wrote:
Sucks for the people (1 million here in Cali) who've already voted possibly for the drop outs.
Yeah, that's sorta weird isn't it....? :confused:

Big, big false narrative bonus for Bernie...... :nod:

SR

#48 Post by SR » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:46 am

Hype wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:17 pm
I predict Biden will win the popular vote by, I don't know... a million votes? But all of those votes will be in California. Trump reelected. But not a landslide.
So, Bernie is the only candidate who has stated unequivocally, and maintained over time, that he will do everything in his power to support the dem nomination. If he is to be believed and I know of no reason why he shouldn't be, I think it could be a real factor in a trump defeat. Obviously, I don't like that scenario. Really the only thing I am enjoying is how Bernie is making the centrist to right democrats squirm.

I follow the polls. The small windows of time are better prognosticators than the larger ones, but as the latter goes Bernie shows better than Biden in the General. Again, what Bernie says is fairly true; it would require a massive voter turnout, which as has been addressed here many times, is an American anomaly...but not impossible. Eventually, Warren supporters might be a reliable boost, but I don't trust Warren to an advocate for her platform unless she is the one fronting it. Gallantry isn't her strong suit.

Today will be a really good test of Bernie's prowess

Hype

#49 Post by Hype » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:19 pm

SR wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:46 am
Hype wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:17 pm
So, Bernie is the only candidate who has stated unequivocally, and maintained over time, that he will do everything in his power to support the dem nomination. If he is to be believed and I know of no reason why he shouldn't be, I think it could be a real factor in a trump defeat. Obviously, I don't like that scenario. Really the only thing I am enjoying is how Bernie is making the centrist to right democrats squirm.

I follow the polls. The small windows of time are better prognosticators than the larger ones, but as the latter goes Bernie shows better than Biden in the General. Again, what Bernie says is fairly true; it would require a massive voter turnout, which as has been addressed here many times, is an American anomaly...but not impossible. Eventually, Warren supporters might be a reliable boost, but I don't trust Warren to an advocate for her platform unless she is the one fronting it. Gallantry isn't her strong suit.

Today will be a really good test of Bernie's prowess
I like Bernie. I agree with so much of his platform. But the establishment democrats appear to be dead set on preventing him from the nomination.

Pandemonium

#50 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:36 am

Hype wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:19 pm
I like Bernie. I agree with so much of his platform. But the establishment democrats appear to be dead set on preventing him from the nomination.
Yep, the fix is in, that's just politics. IMO after the early leads Sanders posted the first few weeks, the Dem party woke up and realized that if they wanted a real chance to beat Trump in Nov, they'd better start coalescing around Biden. Bloomberg just dropped out (that was a half billion well spent, ha ha) also immediately throwing his support to Biden leaving Warren the only one left sucking the few votes away from the other two.