Coronavirus

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
mockbee

Re: Coronavirus

#776 Post by mockbee » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:21 pm

mockbee wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 am
There are numerous crazy things about this whole ordeal.

A big one is why Florida and California are tracking about exactly the same (per capita) in infections and deaths. CA is twice the population of FL and has twice the deaths and twice the infections. CA shut down in mid March and is just now reopening, and Florida has been all over the place with packed beaches, NYC refugees, old people packed in every nook and cranny. All because of climate....?

:scared: :noclue:

Guess this got answered. I see a really bad situation brewing in FL with 4.5 million over 65.......

:wavesad:

kv

#777 Post by kv » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:25 am

Cap Obvious with the breaking Florida is in trouble news... :bigrin:

mockbee

#778 Post by mockbee » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:29 am

Florida’s death toll, however, remains lower than Italy’s — 4,277 in Florida, compared to 34,954 in Italy

If FL tracks likes NYC.

105,000 deaths over 65 soon.

Which about equals top ten causes of death in a typ florida year.

Provided to you by Capt NotAsObvious
:hehe:
:wink:

:noclue:
FL Leading Causes of Death, 2017 Deaths Rate*** State Rank* U.S. Rate**
1. Heart Disease 46,440 145.8 38th 165.0
2. Cancer 45,131 145.9 38th 152.5
3. Accidents 13,059 56.1 23rd (tie) 49.4
4. Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases 12,619 39.0 33rd 40.9
5. Stroke 12,602 38.9 20th (tie) 37.6
6. Alzheimer’s Disease 6,980 20.7 45th 31.0
7. Diabetes 6,172 20.2 31st 21.5
8. Suicide 3,227 14.0 37th 14.0
9. Kidney Disease 3,172 10.1 33rd 13.0
10. Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis 3,098 11.2 22nd (tie) 10.9

Florida Mortality Data
Florida Mortality Data Deaths Rate** U.S. Deaths U.S. Rate***
Firearm Deaths 2,724 12.4 39,773 12.0
Homicide 1,269 6.4 19,511 6.2
Drug Overdose Deaths 5,088 25.1 70,237 21.7

Other Florida Data
Other Florida Data State U.S.
Infant Mortality Rate (Deaths per 1,000 live births) 6.1 5.8
Marriage Ratepdf icon 7.8 6.9
Divorce Ratepdf icon 3.6 2.9†

* Rankings are from highest to lowest.

mockbee

#779 Post by mockbee » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:30 am

Tragic for non covid people who need hospital....and health care workers.

Dont do anything stupid ....and dont get sick.
:wavesad:

kv

#780 Post by kv » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Easy to say you have no job to go to...a lot it's go to work or don't eat

Hermann

#781 Post by Hermann » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:08 pm

Larry B.

#782 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am

Just go out and get sick already. And hopefully spend a couple of months in the ICU and have a piece of your brain taken out, just enough so that you forget about this place.

drwintercreeper

#783 Post by drwintercreeper » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:35 am

Hermann

#784 Post by Hermann » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:28 am
Just go out and get sick already. And hopefully spend a couple of months in the ICU and have a piece of your brain taken out, just enough so that you forget about this place.

drwintercreeper

#785 Post by drwintercreeper » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:44 pm

Hermann

#786 Post by Hermann » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Hermann

#787 Post by Hermann » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:20 am

Artemis

#788 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:48 pm

I had an optometrist appointment today - the first doctor's office visit in COVID times. It was the same as usual except that masks are mandatory, only 3 patients in the office at one time, no early arrival of more than 5 minutes before appointment. The worst part was the eye testing equipment because it kept fogging up from my mask. I hope my new eyeglasses script is accurate.

Bandit72

#789 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:48 pm
I had an optometrist appointment today - the first doctor's office visit in COVID times. It was the same as usual except that masks are mandatory, only 3 patients in the office at one time, no early arrival of more than 5 minutes before appointment. The worst part was the eye testing equipment because it kept fogging up from my mask. I hope my new eyeglasses script is accurate.
Had exactly the same thing three weeks ago. I couldn't read the letters as all the equipment kept steaming up. Compulsory to wear masks in shops/supermarkets today (talk about enforcing something once the horse has bolted). But not in pubs/hairdressers/cinemas/gyms.... :eyes:

mockbee

#790 Post by mockbee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:15 am

kv wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:02 pm
Easy to say you have no job to go to...a lot it's go to work or don't eat
I've don't more "stupid" stuff lately than I ever did with a job.......stuck up a river without a paddle, sort of, more windy with little white caps, with no idea what I am doing, and a paddle, but that doesnt make sense anyways....wouldnt it be worse to be down a creek without a paddle.??... :hs: ...... getting my motorcycle back in order.....driving 60 miles a day, 4 days a week......swinging 10' 2x8s around my head with several dozen rusty nails sticking out........alternatively swinging sledgehammers towards my shins standing on unstable blocks of wood ......scaling down rocky ruinous concrete embankments and grinding rebar and finding short sections of I beams to put in a boat......well I could go on.......but yeah.......i do honestly beleive it would be more dangerous for me to be sitting in a room 10' adjacent to my bedroom all day every day like everybody else I know because I seriously would have intentionally stabbed myself in the eye with a pencil by now......... :nod: :banghead:

I do not envy the service people who have to wear a mask everyday all day long, be exposed to every tom dick and harry, get heaped with the job of enforcer, deal with the shitty ass public going bonkers and still get paid peanuts....... :no: god bless them....i tip really big the few times I go out........

Artemis

#791 Post by Artemis » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:16 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 am
Artemis wrote:
Had exactly the same thing three weeks ago. I couldn't read the letters as all the equipment kept steaming up. Compulsory to wear masks in shops/supermarkets today (talk about enforcing something once the horse has bolted). But not in pubs/hairdressers/cinemas/gyms.... :eyes:
We don't have cinemas and gyms open yet in Toronto. Bars and pubs are still only outside patio seating, no indoor dining/drinking yet. Hairdressers are supposed to be mandatory masks. I haven't been for a haircut yet. Public transit and public indoor spaces such as malls are supposed to be mandatory masks too. I use the bus quite often and see that most wear a mask or some face covering. The building where I live just sent out an email about wearing masks in common areas such as the laundry room and mail room. According to the COVID Worldmetre today, Canada has 195 new cases so far today and 3 deaths...not bad. We're on the right track. I don't expect to return to my office this year.

Larry B.

#792 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am

Starting on Tuesday, my commune is being ‘released’ into a transitional phase. I.e., from Monday to Friday we’ll be able to go out without needing any permits (except for curfew, which has been ongoing since March: 10PM to 5AM). Shops and restaurants and other similar business are to remain closed, and there can’t be events with over 10 people. And social distancing remains too. Masks are to be worn at all times.

I haven’t gone for a walk since my holidays in Turkey in february, for fucks sake. This new stage will be very welcome.

Pandemonium

#793 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Artemis wrote:
I've had a couple dentist appointments the past month. Had to get a crown replaced, it popped off on a piece of steak along with a small corner of the remaining tooth. There's really no way as a patient you can protect yourself in the kind of situation. You just have to hope the doctor or medical professional takes all the precautions.

clickie

#794 Post by clickie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:14 pm

An old friend of mine lost both front teeth biting into a stale bread roll. So he says

perkana

#795 Post by perkana » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Artemis wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:20 pm
I went to my first social occasion about 10 days ago. It was supposed to be 5 people and ended up 10. A couple of the people there didn't take COVID seriously and felt that the government was controlling people and business...very similar to the anti-maskers in the US. I declined hug&kiss greetings and got a couple of eye rolls, Also when joints were being passed around, I declined because I didn't want to share saliva. One of the guys rolled me my own and of course there were more eye rolls. Fuck those guys! I would rather be excessive in taking precautions than infecting my mom or getting sick myself. That day I also took the subway and GO train(commuter train) for the first time in over 3 months. I wore a mask and was happy to see that most people did too. The ones who didn't really stuck out and were getting the stink eye. I was an anxious, nervous wreck the whole time though. I have been using the bus regularly but staying within a 5km range from my place and my mom's.
In my my province we are still in stage 2 of opening up businesses. I haven't gone for a haircut or patio drink/meal yet. I'm going to wait and see if there are any spikes or outbreaks first. I'm still working from home but I think my company is planning for a return to the office in the fall. It will be modified, not sure of the details yet. Everything depends on the government regulations and cases remaining low.
Overall, Canada is doing pretty well for the moment. According to the Coronavirus World Meter we've had 308 new cases in the last 24hrs and 9 deaths. Total deaths: 8,746.
I think our border with the US will remain closed until the end of the year for sure, if not longer.

Hope everyone and their loved ones are well. :wave:
I am not getting a haircut in a long time. Hair salons are just as risky as bars or gyms. I've only cut the tips of my hair and no hair color in 4 months.
My youngest cousin got Covid after hanging out with her friends. She's staying with her parents, both of them are over 60, my aunt has lupus. And just yesterday she posted pictures of her hanging out with friends at a bar. I'm with you, I don't want to get sick and don't want to get any of my loved ones sick either.
My brother has been working for Facebook for the past two years and he was told that they were not going back to work at the office this year. They had told him that he had to stay in the US and work from home. He lives in Menlo Park, CA, and since both he and my niece have to stay home, he thought it would be easier to come back here instead of renting over there. Thanks to Trump, Facebook had to change its policy (working visas revoked), so now employees can work outside the US.

chaos

#796 Post by chaos » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:02 pm

If you are trying to convince people of the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, maybe you shouldn't rely on a doctor who believes (among other things) that space alien DNA is being used in medicine. :lol:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... e-doctors/

Trump retweeted a video with false covid-19 claims. One doctor in it has said demons cause illnesses.

At President Trump's press briefing at the White House on Tuesday, he responded to questions about a recent viral video that he retweeted but that was banned from social media platforms.

By Travis M. Andrews and Danielle Paquette
July 28, 2020 at 5:58 p.m. EDT

After social media companies removed a viral video showing doctors making unsubstantiated claims about the novel coronavirus, one doctor’s past phrases in particular began trending on Twitter: demon sperm. It turns out Stella Immanuel has a history of making particularly outlandish claims — including that the uterine disorder endometriosis is caused by sex with demons that takes place in dreams.

The video showed a group that has dubbed itself America’s Frontline Doctors, standing on the steps of the Supreme Court and claiming that neither masks nor shutdowns are necessary to fight the pandemic, despite a plethora of expertise to the contrary. It was live-streamed by the conservative media outlet Breitbart and viewed more than 14 million times — fueled by tweets by Donald Trump Jr. and multiple retweets by President Trump, which have since been deleted.

Facebook, YouTube and Twitter have removed the videos. Twitter told The Washington Post that they were “in violation of our covid-19 misinformation policy.”

In the viral video, Immanuel made the unsubstantiated claim that hydroxychloroquine is a “cure for covid,” the disease caused by the coronavirus. As a previous Post story put it: “There is no known cure for the novel coronavirus or the disease it causes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. Multiple studies have disputed claims that antimalarial and antiviral drugs such as hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and chloroquine can help treat or even prevent the coronavirus. Last month, the FDA revoked an emergency approval that allowed doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine to covid-19 patients even though the treatment was untested.”

As the Daily Beast’s Will Sommer first noted, Immanuel has asserted that many gynecological issues are the result of having sex with witches and demons (“succubi” and “incubi”) in dreams, a myth that dates back at least to the “Epic of Gilgamesh,” a Sumerian poem written more than 4,000 years ago. She falsely claims that issues such as endometriosis, infertility, miscarriages and STIs are “evil deposits from the spirit husband.”

Furthermore, Sommer reported that in “a 2015 sermon that laid out a supposed Illuminati plan hatched by ‘a witch’ to destroy the world using abortion, gay marriage, and children’s toys, among other things, Immanuel claimed that DNA from space aliens is currently being used in medicine.” She also offered prayers through her website to remove generational curses transmitted through placenta.

In a news conference Tuesday, Trump addressed the video, saying: “I think they’re very respected doctors. There was a woman who was spectacular.” He did not specify which woman. He added of hydroxychloroquine, “I happen to think it works in the early stages.”

When asked directly about Immanuel and why he might trust someone who believes that alien DNA is used in modern medicine, Trump responded: “I thought she was very impressive, in the sense that, from where she came — I don’t know what country she comes from — but she said that she’s had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients. I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her.” :lol:
. . .
In just the past 24 hours, Immanuel posted a video challenging “everyone in D.C.,” “the talking heads on CNN,” Anthony S. Fauci and “senators, all of them” to give her a urine sample, baselessly claiming that they all take hydroxychloroquine; claimed that “Big Tech is censoring Experts and suppressing the CURE” for the coronavirus; and threatened that God will crash Facebook servers for allegedly deleting her page.

. . .
Just another Tuesday . . . :lol:

kv

#797 Post by kv » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Come on, this is a gift I actually had a real life friend who is a trumpet bring up these clowns...holy shit is it funny explaining shit to people..."ya she can also cure being a witch and or being gay! No really...no I'm dead serious bro...I swear to God look it up" lolololol :bigrin: :lolol:

He kept saying it must be a different person...lol

Artemis

#798 Post by Artemis » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:51 pm

The meme of the day! I actually laughed out loud at this one.

So, it was announced today, Toronto is moving to stage 3 of reopening. That means dining in restaurants, bars, gyms, theatre, concerts (not large stadium shows)playgrounds, spa services and more. Indoor gatherings allowed up to 50, outdoor 100. Mandatory face coverings in common areas in apartment buildings and Condos. In the last 24 hours 13 new cases and 6 suspected cases. For the province a total of 76! 1 death. It's not over though, we can't become slackers.

Artemis

#799 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:06 am

Interesting listen...coronavirus housing boom.

In my neck of the woods, I read that cottage/vacation property sales are up. People who can work remotely are moving to places away from the city. Also, within the city, more rentals are available with lower rents. House sales are still strong and prices high within the city too.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/89694233 ... using-boom

chaos

#800 Post by chaos » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 am

Hype wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:30 am
Oh man... I just had a frightening thought: imagine if Trump somehow figures out how to use this to cancel the election? :confused: