Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#901 Post by chaos » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:25 pm

mockbee wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:02 pm
Those are all MUCH smaller margins than this time 2016.

Yeah, woman. But Trump has a 52% overall approval rating (now) and is an incumbent.

:noclue:

Yeah man :lol: , but only with the Rasmussen poll. Seriously though, he hasn't been polling well. https://projects.economist.com/us-2020- ... /president

I remember what happened with the polls in 2016, but let me have hope so I can get some sleep at night. :lol:

mockbee

#902 Post by mockbee » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:52 pm

chaos wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:25 pm
mockbee wrote:

Yeah, woman. But Trump has a 52% overall approval rating (now) and is an incumbent.

Yeah man :lol: , but only with the Rasmussen poll. Seriously though, he hasn't been polling well. https://projects.economist.com/us-2020- ... /president

I remember what happened with the polls in 2016, but let me have hope so I can get some sleep at night. :lol:
No, no....."woman" was referring to Clinton.... :lolol: (or you knew that and I'm dense... :dunce: ) :lol:

How about I add some pups to the GR thread. I can do that.
:thumb:

It'll be alright no matter what. I really do beleive that. :cool:

chaos

#903 Post by chaos » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:39 pm

mockbee wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:52 pm

No, no....."woman" was referring to Clinton.... :lolol: (or you knew that and I'm dense... :dunce: ) :lol:
No I didn't. I thought maybe you meant women voters. :lol:

mockbee

#904 Post by mockbee » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:56 pm

chaos wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:39 pm
mockbee wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:52 pm

No I didn't. I thought maybe you meant women voters. :lol:
Oh, whew! At least you didn't think I was referring to you. :lol:

tvrec

#905 Post by tvrec » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 pm

mockbee wrote:

Here's the second paragraph of the article you linked from Rasmussen: "The latest figures include 42% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 42% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0. (see trends)"

Seriously, I am starting to think that you are either a) a totally normal American Russian troll bot, b) have your life's savings ridding on Trump's re-election, or c) are simply trying to own libs for fun. Fox news doesn't blow as much smoke up this dude ass as you do. Trump may win, for sure, but could you just give this hobby horse a rest? Please?!

mockbee

#906 Post by mockbee » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 am

tvrec wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 pm
mockbee wrote:

Here's the second paragraph of the article you linked from Rasmussen: "The latest figures include 42% who Strongly Approve of the job Trump is doing and 42% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0. (see trends)"

Seriously, I am starting to think that you are either a) a totally normal American Russian troll bot, b) have your life's savings ridding on Trump's re-election, or c) are simply trying to own libs for fun. Fox news doesn't blow as much smoke up this dude ass as you do. Trump may win, for sure, but could you just give this hobby horse a rest? Please?!
a) Last time I checked....nope. That would be pretty amazing though, since I've been posting here since.... forever. And before that on Xiola and 1%. :noclue:

b) In all total, I have a bet with Hype for $60 for a book from Amazon of one's choice, for: 1) Flat out Biden electoral win, or 2) 46+ state electoral and +55% pop vote for Trump. Also a couple avatar swaps here for a month. Do I really think Trump will get 45+ states, hmmmm....maybe, maybe not. I think I'll survive.

c) I dont know what you think. But I think, quite the contrary, that this is really serious. :noclue:
I am generally left leaning and I don't think that liberals are seeing this for what it is, at all. Do I go about trying to debate/influence people in a coherent and kind way? Probably not. I know I am intense. But this is also the Donald Trump Running for President thread. If there are rules about "debate" here, by all means, let me know. Nothing is ever personal to me here and I hope no one would ever take anything personal that I say. I don't interact with you, so if I am upsetting you, I don't give a shit about that. :noclue:

I am upset about the state of things with American politics as much as anybody else. Probably way less so. This place really helps me vent. If I annoy you, block me. I really don't care.
:thumb:

Hype

#907 Post by Hype » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:18 am

b) In all total, I have a bet with Hype for $60 for a book from Amazon of one's choice, for: 1) Flat out Biden electoral win, or 2) 46+ state electoral and +55% pop vote for Trump. Also a couple avatar swaps here for a month. Do I really think Trump will get 45+ states, hmmmm....maybe, maybe not. I think I'll survive.
If Trump gets 46+ states, we all lose a lot more than $60. :jasper:

Pandemonium

#908 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:50 pm

So RBG passed away today.

Everyone knew this day was coming. Love her or hate her, it's pretty clear Ginsberg held on as long as she did to forestall yet another conservative leaning SCOTUS pick in the hopes Trump will be a one term POTUS. I expected to hear of her retiring the day after the election if Biden won and passing away soon after. I think it's a little grotesque that her corpse isn't even cold yet and yet there's Repubs gleefully talking about her replacement and the highly unlikely possibility of ramming someone through before Nov.

That her passing is less than two months away from the election creates a new dynamic that imo greatly benefits Trump - conservatives will be even more galvanized to vote, but perhaps more importantly, the news of her passing and what lies ahead at least short term will take some of the heat off of Trump's inept Coronavirus handling and other Biden talking points. I think Dems will be a bit more motivated to vote for Biden as well, but imo, the impact overall favors Trump and Repubs.

I shudder to think what will happen if the election is super close and the results take weeks or even a few months.

2020 - shit just keeps getting crazier.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#909 Post by Hokahey » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:50 pm
So RBG passed away today.

Everyone knew this day was coming. Love her or hate her, it's pretty clear Ginsberg held on as long as she did to forestall yet another conservative leaning SCOTUS pick in the hopes Trump will be a one term POTUS. I expected to hear of her retiring the day after the election if Biden won and passing away soon after. I think it's a little grotesque that her corpse isn't even cold yet and yet there's Repubs gleefully talking about her replacement and the highly unlikely possibility of ramming someone through before Nov.

That her passing is less than two months away from the election creates a new dynamic that imo greatly benefits Trump - conservatives will be even more galvanized to vote, but perhaps more importantly, the news of her passing and what lies ahead at least short term will take some of the heat off of Trump's inept Coronavirus handling and other Biden talking points. I think Dems will be a bit more motivated to vote for Biden as well, but imo, the impact overall favors Trump and Repubs.

I shudder to think what will happen if the election is super close and the results take weeks or even a few months.

2020 - shit just keeps getting crazier.
Agreed with all of this. I haven't felt this sick to my stomach about politics since Trump won the election.

These fucking hypocrites. Infuriating.

Pandemonium

#910 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:55 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Agreed with all of this. I haven't felt this sick to my stomach about politics since Trump won the election.

These fucking hypocrites. Infuriating.
Another thing that I heard brought up is in the very real possibility that the election is contested and goes to the Supreme Court as in the 2000 Bush vs Gore election. If it's not a full 9 judge court, it could conceivably be a 4-4 tie. What happens then?

mockbee

#911 Post by mockbee » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:40 am

I think it will be alright.

McConnell is a fuckhead, no doubt about that, as it appears he will be putting a nominee up for a vote. But the candidate has to be a "moderate" like Roberts or else Repubs will be in a world of hurt in the close Senate races, or he won't get the votes needed.

Trump had better pick a moderate woman though. That is just pure bullshit otherwise......

Qweife

#912 Post by Qweife » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Qweife

#913 Post by Qweife » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Qweife

#914 Post by Qweife » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm

:lolol:

mockbee

#915 Post by mockbee » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:17 pm

Trump tests positive for COVID

Really....?

Really.

Really!

Really.....?!

Really......

Could it get any more weird.....?

:drink: :dunce: :hs: :no: :noclue: :bored: :confused:

kv

#916 Post by kv » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:35 pm

Go Rona!

Mescal

#917 Post by Mescal » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:19 pm

I blame China

mockbee

#918 Post by mockbee » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:18 am

Just my thinking in 21st C. American politics. Any earth shattering "new" news within 1 month of election has 80/20 chance of passing the sniff test.....

80% chance of being concocted.

Trump Q's for 2 weeks..."Survives" unscathed.....new Super immunity (not proven with current science) but gospel according to the hokey pokey rituals people have devised for their corona cheating....

Biden still at risk........huge risk.
Trump "immortal".

Or 20% chance he really has it and that's that.

Just my 2 cents....not that anybody asked. :lol:

:tiphat:

kv

#919 Post by kv » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 am

Funniest thing I've read tonight

RBG just successfully argued her first case with the Lord

:lolol:

Qweife

#920 Post by Qweife » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 am

Pandemonium

#921 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:05 am

I guess Trumps diagnosis puts down next week's debate, maybe the rest of the debates if he gets seriously ill.

As far as how this affects his chances of reelection, I think it can swing either way - if it turns out to be a mild case and he recovers quickly, it could bolster what he's said and many supporters think, that the vast majority of positive cases are not much more then a bad flu, just like Trump has been claiming and could increase his chances of a win next month. On the other hand, if he gets pretty sick and he's down for weeks or even a month plus, he's done - no one is going to vote for a critically ill old guy to run the country.

I'm not gonna be that guy who gloats over "Karma" or whatever and happy he's infected, but it has to be said, everything he's said and done since this began came back to bite him in the ass at the worst possible time for him. He's now become the perfect example of not following simple, logical medical guidelines equals an increased chance you'll eventually catch this shit. Frankly, I'm amazed he went this long before finally testing positive.

Mescal

#922 Post by Mescal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:05 am
I guess Trumps diagnosis puts down next week's debate, maybe the rest of the debates if he gets seriously ill.

As far as how this affects his chances of reelection, I think it can swing either way - if it turns out to be a mild case and he recovers quickly, it could bolster what he's said and many supporters think, that the vast majority of positive cases are not much more then a bad flu, just like Trump has been claiming and could increase his chances of a win next month.
This.

Either it's a master move

Or

He's done

kevin

#923 Post by kevin » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:54 pm

:flip: Fuck you bitch! Fuck Trump! Karma 2020! Fuck Trump cult followers! Hope Trump dies from COVID and all his racist little dick cult members go back to their bunkers, white-knuckling their assault rifles in fear of racial equality! Fuck you all!!! Trump can’t even play checkers. You think that lying, bankrupt fraud knows how to play chess? Maybe “chest,” as in sexually assaulting women. Fuck you! :flip:

Qweife

#924 Post by Qweife » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Pandemonium

#925 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:32 pm

Ha Ha, new guys always bring the most nuanced perspectives.