Who is going to win the election - Nov 3, 2020 - Biden or Trump.....?

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc

Who is going to win the election - Nov 3 2020 Biden or Trump.....?

BIDEN - without a doubt, he has gained the confidence of the country. Trump has given up and has no chance.
15%
Most likely Biden - greater than 75% chance. He is a flawed candidate but I really don't see him losing at this point.
45%
Hard to tell still, a lot can happen.....could really go both ways still.
25%
Most likely Trump - greater than 75% chance. He is a flawed candidate but I really don't see him losing at this point.
5%
TRUMP - without a doubt, he is a master manipulator and persuader. Biden is completely incompetent and/or incapable at this point.
10%

Total votes: 20

Bandit72

Re: Who is going to win the election - Nov 3, 2020 - Biden or Trump.....?

#26 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:40 pm

Was Obama not half decent? Or at least the better man of modern times? Carter is probably the furthest back I remember but don't remember much about him. I was at school throughout the Reagan/Thatcher years but never paid attention to US politics or politics in general.

mockbee

#27 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:31 pm

Obama was very decent, even good compared to the alternatives, certainly.

But in campaigning for president, his shtick bordered on the absurd. He was definitely promoting himself in a manner befitting celebrity/megalomaniac status. John Stewart and other liberals mocked him mercilessly for it. Was he really that narcissistic? Who knows, but he was smart enough to know he had to present himself that way to win.

I think his decency is actually what restricted him from getting a lot more done. He had faith in people's goodness. Pols and many Americans stomped on that, and he reacted accordingly, either giving in (to his downfall) or making executive orders (to his successes)
:noclue:

kv

#28 Post by kv » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 pm

So gimmie that tinhat gif cut to size pls ty :banghead:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#29 Post by Hokahey » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:21 pm

Trump wins again. What a piece of shit country.

drwintercreeper

#30 Post by drwintercreeper » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:25 pm

It aint over yet. Rust belt cote isnt in.... we will not know until we know michigan, Wisconsin.... penn will still ciubt votes until friday... its halftime yall

mockbee

#31 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:31 pm

kv wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:06 pm
So gimmie that tinhat gif cut to size pls ty :banghead:
Not over yet.....

:noclue: :wink:

But not looking good for Biden... :wavesad:

drwintercreeper

#32 Post by drwintercreeper » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:41 pm

It all boils down to Nevada michigan and Wisconsin. I think Biden is gonna win. Mail in vote is counted last in Wisconsin and michigan as far as i know. Everyone relax. Cheeto is fucked.

drwintercreeper

#33 Post by drwintercreeper » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:09 am

Sounds like georgia may go to biden. Cheeto is gonna speak soon. This is gonna be so delicious.

clickie

#34 Post by clickie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:45 am

Feels like a long time

clickie

#35 Post by clickie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Even the looters are stuck in a stand still

mockbee

#36 Post by mockbee » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Last night was the first time I have watched the "news" for more than a minute or two in a row (and usually that's because someone else is watching and I am devising an exit strategy) in maybe 2 or 3 years, maybe the last election in '16.
:noclue:

I think I made it two hours in a row. :tiphat:

What a steaming pile of crap we have devised as "information" gathering and distribution. The mass media, all of it, has utterly failed to do their job. :mad:

Polls are obviously crap and the amount of time spent on conjecture and hyperbole and blatantly pulling garbage out of their own asses was mind boggling. :lol:

My plan is to take a day or two off and check back then. It is amazingly simple to catch up with events in a matter of a minute or two after a 12 to 24 hour hiatus.

Outside in nature, if at all possible, is the place to be.....
:rockon:

Here's to hoping for a fair, expedient and accepted outcome
:scared:

:thumb: :tiphat:

kv

#37 Post by kv » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:12 pm

drwintercreeper wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:41 pm
It all boils down to Nevada michigan and Wisconsin. I think Biden is gonna win. Mail in vote is counted last in Wisconsin and michigan as far as i know. Everyone relax. Cheeto is fucked.
I never expected michigan to go blue...gogogo nevada!

chaos

#38 Post by chaos » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:50 pm

mockbee

#39 Post by mockbee » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Okay.....who just voted for Most Likely Biden....well beyond 24 hours after the last polls closed.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bandit72

#40 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 am

Is it possible for it to end in a 'draw'?

A bit like we can have a hung parliament?

clickie

#41 Post by clickie » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:45 am

took them one day to count 98% of the votes, another few days for the other 2%

kv

#42 Post by kv » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:58 am

Bandit72 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 am

269 tie...it was in play at one point...

mockbee

#43 Post by mockbee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:30 am

This might be the best result we could all hope for, really. :nod:

Looks like Biden is going to win, legitimately. But he knows he is on razor thin ice. That's good for the country.

He can't go barnstorming the country, gloating that we had 4 years of a nightmare, all the while discounting, ignoring, admonishing and enraging half the population. If he got Texas and Florida and a bunch of other states I could see that happening and it would just rip us apart more.

He is going to have the hardest job going forward for sure. For sure. He has a disparate litter of ornery cats on his own side with the whole Squad back, and more!; and also a solid Republican wall on the other side, who actually gained seats. He is going to be able to do nothing, and everyone is going to hate him. He has no base. :noclue:

That includes; he will not be able to soften relations with China, (Pennsylvania/rust belt voters would never forgive him), he will not be able to tear apart the mid-east peace deals (since relatively peaceful relations exist now, poking a stick at Isreal and capitulating to Iran would be a really bad idea, even though the Squad/liberals will demand it), and a whole host of other things that are going well internationally that would be in serious jeopardy if there was a landslide Biden win.

Looks like there is just the typical incompetence and malfeasance out there as far as vote counting goes. Nothing to get excited about. Dictator/autocrat talk of Trunp is really far fetched. With corona, Trump would have been an autocrat loooong ago if he wanted that. He said leave control up to the states, a wannabe autocrat/dictator doesn't say that. :noclue:

Ian Bremmer lays it out perfectly..... :rockon:
If the vote count was closer, like one slippery litigation away from flipping the whole thing. We would be in trouble.

Trump could easily, legitimately find something slippery and the Supreme Court would side in his favor. That's not saying that there is some conspiracy to pack votes, just think of it like an IRS audit. If the IRS audited ANY legitimate business out there 9 times out of 10 they can find something wrong with the tax return. That's just the nature of the beast, anything really. Tax law/elections/regulations are extremely complex. There will be an error if you are looking for one. Most of the times they are pretty inconsequential and benign and at most result in a small fine or slap on the wrist, so no harm no foul. I think that's what we got here right now.....no signs of a major breech in elections that would show illicit activity on either side and a razor thin victory for Biden. :tiphat:

We're going to be fine. :thumb:

chaos

#44 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:15 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 21163.html

Georgia judge throws out Trump’s lawsuit over voter fraud in a blow to his electoral hopes
Donald Trump has lost his first challenge to electoral processes after a judge in Georgia dismissed his case

Harriet Alexander
15 seconds ago

A judge in Georgia has denied a Republican attempt to question the vote counting in the state, in the first ruling from a flurry of lawsuits filed by the Trump campaign.

The case was filed on Wednesday in Chatham County, after a Republican witness said, without providing evidence, that he did not know whether a pile of 53 ballots were received on time.

On Thursday morning Judge James Bass dismissed the case in a one-sentence ruling, without giving his reasoning.

"After listening to the evidence, I'm denying the request, dismissing the petition, thank you gentlemen," he concluded at the end of the hour-long hearing in Savannah.

In their complaint, the Trump campaign argued: “Failing to ensure that absentee ballots received after the deadline are stored in a manner to ensure that such ballots are not inadvertently or intentionally counted, as required under Georgia law, harms the interests of the Trump Campaign and President Trump because it could lead to the dilution of legal votes cast in support of President Trump."

The complaint also contained a sworn declaration by a poll watcher named Sean Pumphrey with a “vague account about a stack of 53 ballots,” according to lawandcrime.com.

He alleged, but provided no evidence of, impropriety.

Mr Pumphrey said he saw 53 ballots placed on a table separate from ballots in bins ready to go out to be counted.

Ben Perkins, a lawyer representing Chatham County, asked Mr Pumphrey if he had evidence those ballots arrived after 7pm on Election Day, and Mr Pumphrey said he did not know.

The board’s witness said the ballots were indeed received on time, and Sabrina German, the director of Chatham County's Voter Registration Office, backed up the board witness's testimony.

Jeff Harris, from the Democratic Party of Georgia, said that both of the Republican witnesses conceded they had no idea about when those 53 ballots were received.

“They have been flatly incapable of proffering competent evidence to prove that point,” he said.

"Courts don’t resolve disputes about whether something may or may not be happening."

chaos

#45 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:32 am

If Trump Tries to Sue His Way to Election Victory, Here’s What Happens

It’s easy enough for the Trump campaign to file a lawsuit claiming improprieties, but a lot harder to provide evidence of wrongdoing or a convincing legal argument. Here’s what you need to know as the election lawsuits start to mount.

by Ian MacDougall Nov. 4, 4:47 p.m. EST

A hearing on Wednesday in an election case captured in miniature the challenge for the Trump campaign as it gears up for what could become an all-out legal assault on presidential election results in key swing states: It’s easy enough to file a lawsuit claiming improprieties — in this case, that Pennsylvania had violated the law by allowing voters whose mail-in ballots were defective to correct them — but a lot harder to provide evidence of wrongdoing or a convincing legal argument. “I don’t understand how the integrity of the election was affected,” said U.S. District Judge Timothy Savage, something he repeated several times during the hearing. (However the judge rules, the case is unlikely to have a significant effect; only 93 ballots are at issue, a county election official said.)

“A lawsuit without provable facts showing a statutory or constitutional violation is just a tweet with a filing fee,” said Justin Levitt, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. :lol:

Levitt said judges by and large have ignored the noise of the race and the bluster of President Donald Trump’s Twitter feed. “They’ve actually demanded facts and haven’t been ruling on all-caps claims of fraud or suppression,” Levitt said. “They haven’t confused public relations with the predicate for litigation, and I would expect that to continue.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/if-t ... nt=feature

chaos

#46 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:18 pm

:lol:

clickie

#47 Post by clickie » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:54 pm

kv wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:58 am
Bandit72 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:00 am

269 tie...it was in play at one point...
That would have been something. Two presidents sharing the white house. The basement has the bowling alley.

chaos

#48 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:56 pm

:lolol:

Artemis

#49 Post by Artemis » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Did BIden win or what??
I was so busy all day today with work, no time for news and social media. :lol:

chaos

#50 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:26 am

I am happy they called it, but the next two months will still be very long.