2020 US Racial/Political Protests and Riots

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
mockbee

Re: 2020 US Racial/Political Protests and Riots

#251 Post by mockbee » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 pm

At least, so far, those problems don't seem to include our best version of fair elections. Overall faith in the process is the most important thing, by far, going forward.

No doubt there will be complaints, but, hopefully, nothing that leads to a constitutional crisis.

I know the media/Trump is pushing for fraud, but its looking good so far.

One Election Surprise: Fewer Early Ballots Being Rejected Than Expected
Many election experts feared a tide of rejected mail ballots. So far, the rate of rejections appears to be lower than in years past.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/us/e ... e=Homepage

tvrec

#252 Post by tvrec » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:35 pm

mockbee wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:09 pm

I know the media/Trump is pushing for fraud, but its looking good so far.

One Election Surprise: Fewer Early Ballots Being Rejected Than Expected
Many election experts feared a tide of rejected mail ballots. So far, the rate of rejections appears to be lower than in years past.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/us/e ... e=Homepage
Good news so far, indeed.

chaos

#253 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Philadelphia is making me smile :bigrin: :

mockbee

#254 Post by mockbee » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:22 pm

Small protest targets Portland commissioner’s house, hours after failed vote to cut police funding

By The Oregonian/OregonLive
A small group of protesters for police reform amassed in the pouring rain late Thursday in North Portland, marched to Commissioner Dan Ryan’s house and damaged the property in the minutes before police chased the group away.

The demonstration followed a City Council vote against a proposal that would have cut millions of dollars from the Portland police budget. For months, demonstrators have demanded steep cuts to end the disproportionate policing of Black Portlanders.

Ryan, who joined the council in September, was viewed as a crucial third vote for the $18 million in proposed cuts. He voted no.

The commissioner’s house was dark when protesters arrived around 9 p.m. Some people lit flares near his house and shattered some glass on the property. Other people threw objects at the house and smashed a large flower pot.

Dozens of state troopers and sheriff’s deputies soon arrived, declared the gathering unlawful and ordered people to leave. Officers pressed people north of Ryan’s house, and the crowd scattered into smaller groups. Police and a small group protesters faced off in a residential intersection for several minutes.

Ryan could not be reached late Thursday. But Mayor Ted Wheeler denounced the damage.

Our city Attorney General continues to refuse to prosecute these individuals, because they are not enacting violence on individuals, only property which is okay.

Frankly I'm surprised there is still terrorism and violent destruction coming from these people. They have been told repeatedly to knock it off by politicians...... :eyes: :lol:

chaos

#255 Post by chaos » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:34 pm

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Xizen47

#256 Post by Xizen47 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:30 pm

Yeah, the irony of Rage Against the Machine fans licking the boots of the establishment to spite Trump's pretty fkn funny too.

we Raging With the Machine now?

wasn't that band protesting outside the DNC like 25 years ago :hs:

chaos

#257 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:56 pm

^I get it. It is pretty funny though. It's a live caricature of a stereotypical Trump supporter. The woman is dancing with a Blue Lives Matter flag as a cape to the song Killing in the Name. :lol:

mockbee

#258 Post by mockbee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:07 pm

I wonder if "rachel" gets it....? :hs:

:noclue:

:lol:

kv

#259 Post by kv » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:21 pm

If that's parody it got me... :balls:

Hey where is your hat Tinny?

mockbee

#260 Post by mockbee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:22 pm

kv wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Hey where is your hat Tinny?
Read the predictions post.

http://aintnoright.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&start=40

It's coming.
:wave:
Last edited by mockbee on Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kv

#261 Post by kv » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:24 pm

I'm fucking with you, I couldnt care less

mockbee

#262 Post by mockbee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:25 pm

:cool:

chaos

#263 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:37 pm

kv wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:21 pm

It's not a parody.

I guess I should have said it's like a live caricature.

Never mind. I'm ruining the joke by having to explain myself.

(I'm so misunderstood. :sulk: :lol: )

kv

#264 Post by kv » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:46 pm

:lolol: no it's me I was just explaining the irony of the video in a dif thread...then saw this and thought I was duped lol

chaos

#265 Post by chaos » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Who's on first? :lol:

mockbee

#266 Post by mockbee » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:40 pm

How is it not a parody....?

The dudes wearing a mask.

:hs:

:nod:

mockbee

#267 Post by mockbee » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:33 am

Since ANTIFA won (no more Fascist in the White House!) when Biden was elected, it must be MAGA folks dressed as ANTIFA who are rioting in Portland and Seattle....
:noclue:

Hours After Inauguration, Federal Agents Use Tear Gas in Portland

Protesters who spent months in the streets in Portland, Ore., over racial injustice and inequality said President Biden’s promised changes “won’t save us.”

On Wednesday night, a crowd of at least 100 gathered in South Portland’s Elizabeth Caruthers Park with plans to march to a nearby Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility. Around 9 p.m. the crowd began to move, chanting slogans protesting the United States’ detention and caging of migrant children. Protesters also decried Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler and President Joe Biden and chanted, “Abolish ICE.” Upon reaching the building, several people spray-painted “Reunite families now” onto the wall of the ICE building.

The gathering was declared an unlawful assembly around 9:30 and the crowd was told that those who trespassed on federal property with weapons or “other dangerous items” would be arrested. Federal officers used tear gas and munitions several times; at one point, the air was so thick with gas and smoke that it was difficult to see. As of 10 p.m., Portland police had arrested at least one person.

Earlier Wednesday, a crowd of about 200 people, including self-described anarchists, marched in the city’s Central Eastside area and smashed windows at the Democratic Party of Oregon headquarters. Some of the demonstrators carried a sign that read “We don’t want Biden, we want revenge!” in response to “police murders” and “imperialist wars.” Portland police said they arrested eight people.

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-nort ... apter.html

mockbee

#268 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 am

I don't see how Chauvin doesn't get off with the defense, that everyone (....i would think.... ? :hs: ), could see coming since almost a year ago. :noclue:

The autopsy report from Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office concludes the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." That conclusion, death due to heart failure, differs from the one reached by an independent examiner hired by the Floyd family; that report listed the cause of death as "asphyxiation from sustained pressure."

This medical examiner's report does not mention asphyxiation. However, according to prosecutors, in charging documents filed last week, early results "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

The medical examiner's report also details blunt-force injuries to the skin of Floyd's head, face and upper lip, as well as the shoulders, hands and elbows and bruising of the wrists consistent with handcuffs.

Signed by Dr. Andrew M. Baker, it says Floyd had tested positive for the novel coronavirus on April 3. A post-mortem nasal swab confirmed that diagnosis. The report notes that because a positive result for coronavirus can persist for weeks after the disease has resolved, "the result most likely reflects asymptomatic but persistent ... positivity from previous infection."

In addition to fentanyl and methamphetamine, the toxicology report from the autopsy showed that Floyd also had cannabinoids in his system when he died.

Floyd also had heart disease, hypertension and sickle cell trait — a mostly asymptomatic form of the more serious sickle cell disease, an inherited blood disorder that primarily affects African Americans.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updat ... oronavirus

I would be petrified if I were on that jury. What a terrible situation for all involved. :no:

This is not going to be good. :wavesad: