#951 Post by kv » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:31 am

:thumb:

Artemis

Re: Coronavirus

#952 Post by Artemis » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:55 pm

Pandemonium

#953 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:05 pm

I wonder how Perry got his vax (his 2nd?) ahead of most of the under 65 crowd last week? California didn't open up to the under 65 crowd being eligible until today and those are only people who are essential workers or those with pre-existing conditions. Maybe he got it as a bonus with his latest round of botox or whatever he's doing to further mutate his face.

SR

#954 Post by SR » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 am

I have been waiting patiently for word on my invitation to the line. I've had multiple opportunities to get vaxed through various means, but have declined. I'm a Kaiser member and 54 years old. Kaiser called last Thursday with a message that I was now eligible; I called...twice and left vm's and haven't heard back. :hehe:

creep
Site Admin

#955 Post by creep » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:05 pm
I wonder how Perry got his vax (his 2nd?) ahead of most of the under 65 crowd last week? California didn't open up to the under 65 crowd being eligible until today and those are only people who are essential workers or those with pre-existing conditions. Maybe he got it as a bonus with his latest round of botox or whatever he's doing to further mutate his face.
There are a few counties up here that are doing 50+. I fall in to the "emergency services" category so I have been eligible for a bit. I was supposed to get my shot last weekend but I rescheduled for this coming Sunday.

Pandemonium

#956 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am

SR wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 am
I have been waiting patiently for word on my invitation to the line. I've had multiple opportunities to get vaxed through various means, but have declined. I'm a Kaiser member and 54 years old. Kaiser called last Thursday with a message that I was now eligible; I called...twice and left vm's and haven't heard back. :hehe:
I and my family are also in Kaiser and we all got a text message last week we're now eligible. The trick (for us anyway) was going through their website portal, clicked on "Virtual Appointment" and going through a short questionnaire to qualify for an appt. Basically at least now it's age, certain chronic health issues and if you are considered an essential worker (which at this point is just about anyone who interacts with a lot of people).

I did this on Saturday and we all got appts for this past Monday. My son and I got our 1st shots at a facility set up inside one of the empty stores at the Westminster Mall. Very easy, well organized and fast - we were in and out within half an hour. They were running maybe 20-30 people per half hour although the set-up could have handled a lot more people. My wife got hers at the Anaheim/Disneyland drive through site, same thing in and out within half an hour and she never had to get out of her car. All three of us got the Moderna shot. During the vaccine, they set you up for your 2nd shot appt noting which 2nd vaccine you should get at the same location so you don't even have to hassle or worry about how or when your 2nd shot happens.

I'm no anti-vaxxer but I've never gotten a flu shot or *any* sort of shot since probably my early 20's which was a tetanus booster. So I didn't really know how much it might hurt or what after effects there might be. The shot itself is virtually painless. The next morning we all woke up with pretty sore arms below the injection site. To me, it felt like a hard punch. My life felt a little run down but really, nothing beyond minor annoyance.

One of the things the nurse said while jabbing me was that they are experiencing up to 25% no-shows on appts which is why they are quickly loosening up restrictions just to get shots in arms to utilize what's at hand.

mockbee

#957 Post by mockbee » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:55 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am

One of the things the nurse said while jabbing me was that they are experiencing up to 25% no-shows on appts which is why they are quickly loosening up restrictions just to get shots in arms to utilize what's at hand.

Yup. This is why you just need to get it, if you have the chance. When you wait, you are not providing a shot for someone else, more often then not, it's just going in the garbage.

That's what they said for my sister and other "young" people I know who got theirs over a month ago.

kv

#958 Post by kv » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:13 am

:aoa: I have an appt for Saturday

SR

#959 Post by SR » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:00 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am
SR wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:49 am
I and my family are also in Kaiser and we all got a text message last week we're now eligible. The trick (for us anyway) was going through their website portal, clicked on "Virtual Appointment" and going through a short questionnaire to qualify for an appt. Basically at least now it's age, certain chronic health issues and if you are considered an essential worker (which at this point is just about anyone who interacts with a lot of people).

I did this on Saturday and we all got appts for this past Monday. My son and I got our 1st shots at a facility set up inside one of the empty stores at the Westminster Mall. Very easy, well organized and fast - we were in and out within half an hour. They were running maybe 20-30 people per half hour although the set-up could have handled a lot more people. My wife got hers at the Anaheim/Disneyland drive through site, same thing in and out within half an hour and she never had to get out of her car. All three of us got the Moderna shot. During the vaccine, they set you up for your 2nd shot appt noting which 2nd vaccine you should get at the same location so you don't even have to hassle or worry about how or when your 2nd shot happens.

I'm no anti-vaxxer but I've never gotten a flu shot or *any* sort of shot since probably my early 20's which was a tetanus booster. So I didn't really know how much it might hurt or what after effects there might be. The shot itself is virtually painless. The next morning we all woke up with pretty sore arms below the injection site. To me, it felt like a hard punch. My life felt a little run down but really, nothing beyond minor annoyance.

All good to know; I'll jump on kp.org :tiphat:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#960 Post by Hokahey » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Today is 2 weeks after my 2nd dose.

No symptoms after shot 1 (Moderna). Awful, Awful flu like symptoms for 24 hours after shot 2. I couldn't get out of bed.

However, very, very happy to be fully vaccinated.

Pandemonium

#961 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:39 pm
Today is 2 weeks after my 2nd dose.

No symptoms after shot 1 (Moderna). Awful, Awful flu like symptoms for 24 hours after shot 2. I couldn't get out of bed.

However, very, very happy to be fully vaccinated.
Yeah, I hear from a lot of people who got the 2nd Moderna shot that you feel like absolute crap for a day or so. Rather amusingly, we’re all getting our 2nd Moderna shot on my 62nd birthday in April.

Artemis

#962 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:26 pm

Happy tp hear that so many of you and your families have been vaccinated or will be soon. :rockon:

I finally got an appointment for my 83 year old mother next week. The second dose isn't until July! Earlier this month the vaccine rollout was changed to increase the interval between shots so that more people can get at least one dose.

Apparently, India is now reporting a "double mutant" variant of Covid...FFS.

SR

#963 Post by SR » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:16 am

Scheduled for April 5th. Really wanted the one and done J&J, but my provider doesn't offer it.

creep
Site Admin

#964 Post by creep » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:20 am

I got lucky and got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine through Kaiser. Glad I don't have to go back.

kv

#965 Post by kv » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 pm

I feel the exact opposite...I really wanted the two shot it's almost 30% more effective at preventing covid :noclue:
And like 10% better at serious covid prevention...and since you can still pass it to those without the vaccine..seems a no brainer...well at least people are getting what they wanted

Btw what I have seen trying to get my shot is most people just want the 1 dose. I don't get it...is everyone scared of needles?

Pandemonium

#966 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:07 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 pm
I feel the exact opposite...I really wanted the two shot it's almost 30% more effective at preventing covid :noclue:
And like 10% better at serious covid prevention...and since you can still pass it to those without the vaccine..seems a no brainer...well at least people are getting what they wanted

Btw what I have seen trying to get my shot is most people just want the 1 dose. I don't get it...is everyone scared of needles?
I'll be honest - I'm a big pussy when it comes to needles. I'd never make it as a heroin user. But really, it's no big deal, I'd prefer the one shot just because it's more convenient, one less visit to where ever I have to go to get it done.

kv

#967 Post by kv » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Sure you can, just smoke it! Never give up on your dreams :lolol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#968 Post by Hokahey » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:27 pm

kv wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 pm

I'm with you. I was really happy to get Moderna, which was my preferred brand.

Hell, I'll go back and get one every week if it'll keep me off a ventilator. :lol:

Pandemonium

#969 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 am

kv wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Heh, the thing is, I hate smoking too. I've never even smoked a joint despite my best friend being a serious pothead and roommate off and on through my 20's.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#970 Post by Hokahey » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:14 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 am
kv wrote:
Heh, the thing is, I hate smoking too. I've never even smoked a joint despite my best friend being a serious pothead and roommate off and on through my 20's.
Please tell me you've at least had edibles then?

kv

#971 Post by kv » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:25 am
kv wrote:
Snort it! Never give up on your dreams!

Artemis

#972 Post by Artemis » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Another 28 day lockdown in Ontario effective from tomorrow. :sad:

Cases going up again, younger people are being admitted with COVID to ICU.

Hype

#973 Post by Hype » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:17 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm
Another 28 day lockdown in Ontario effective from tomorrow. :sad:

Cases going up again, younger people are being admitted with COVID to ICU.
The Provincial responses to this have been incredibly stupid, especially in Alberta and Ontario. We could have dealt with this third wave by giving warehouse workers and other frontline staff provincial mandated paid sick leave and subsidizing / enforcing proper PPE and distancing, not to mention throwing first doses of vaccine at them instead of 65 year olds who are staying at home. But instead, we got the classic Conservative anti-governance bullshit of "Folks, follow the rules, please. If you don't I'll shut it all down. Don't make me do it. I don't want to do it. But I'll do it." :eyes:

kv

#974 Post by kv » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:10 am

There has been such a strong rollout here the last couple weeks, I'd expect things to pick up everywhere soon...it's shocking to me how fast they are getting shots out here...but my new thing is maybe we should have gave everyone 18-50 the shots to begin with...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#975 Post by Hokahey » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:28 am

I can't imagine any reality where it made more sense to immunize younger people first, except for those forced to work in conditions conducive to spread, simply because they're too irresponsible to stop the spread themselves.

Although, if you raised your kids so poorly that they're out at night clubs during a pandemic and then visiting with people more vulnerable to severe illness, maybe you get what you deserve.

This entire situation has given me such a pessimistic view on humanity, one in which I thought I already had. But Jesus. People can't mentally fucking handle the reality at hand, nor do they care about protecting the vulnerable population enough to just do the right things.

But it's all the politicians fault.