Coronavirus

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
kv

Re: Coronavirus

#976 Post by kv » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:02 pm

Naw it's not all their fault..people just suck

I just think the older people mostly stayed in...and the younger people were mostly the ones out fucking off...maybe if they got the shots first, maybe we don't have half a million dead...but it's all just guesses...and failure was coming to us no matter what

Artemis

#977 Post by Artemis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 am

Another 4 wk stay at home order effective from midnight tonight.

On the plus side, the vaccine eligibility has FINALLY expanded. My postal code is in an area with a higher infection rate which makes me eligible. I have an appointment on Saturday for 1st dose. It'll be the AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD one.

chaos

#978 Post by chaos » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 am

I am scheduled for my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow. :wave:

Larry B.

#979 Post by Larry B. » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:17 am

Get in!! Great for you both :)

Artemis

#980 Post by Artemis » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Got my first dose today- hooray! I was expecting to get Astra Zenica because of my age(under 60) but got Pfizer. My appointment was at a hospital clinic and they don't use AZ there. The person who vaccinated me said that the AZ was being used in community clinics and pharmacies. There's been a lot of negative news about AZ which made me feel a little nervous. Dose#2 is at the end of July.

Things aren't looking so good here right now. ICU admissions are up almost 25% from last week and and new variant cases have doubled in a week too. I think we have 3 variants circulating at the same time right now. :scared:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#981 Post by Hokahey » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:47 pm
Got my first dose today- hooray! I was expecting to get Astra Zenica because of my age(under 60) but got Pfizer. My appointment was at a hospital clinic and they don't use AZ there. The person who vaccinated me said that the AZ was being used in community clinics and pharmacies. There's been a lot of negative news about AZ which made me feel a little nervous. Dose#2 is at the end of July.

Things aren't looking so good here right now. ICU admissions are up almost 25% from last week and and new variant cases have doubled in a week too. I think we have 3 variants circulating at the same time right now. :scared:
Well, you definitely got the better shot, that's for sure. Stay safe until 2 weeks after that second dose and then you'll be in great shape.

kv

#982 Post by kv » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:04 pm

That's great news art!

Juana

#983 Post by Juana » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Wife got her first today, I been had my both, second one sucked but it is what it is.

mockbee

#984 Post by mockbee » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Did you get Moderna?

Pretty much everyone I know with Moderna were out of it/spent for a couple days after the second shot.

mockbee

#985 Post by mockbee » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:03 pm

Got a last minute appointment for tomorrow at a local grocery store/pharmacy... :rockon:

I'm ready to be done with this and wasn't looking forward to desperately needing a shot if I wanted to travel. :nod:

kv

#986 Post by kv » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:41 am

Get my 2nd tomorrow...two more weeks till freedom!

Artemis

#987 Post by Artemis » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:49 am

Things aren't looking good here at all. Ontario is reporting a record breaking day of cases and hospitalizations, ICU admissions up again. Today: 4,812 new cases, over 400 on ventilators now. According to the latest modelling we could reach 18,000+ cases per day by the end of May. As Hype said in an earlier post, our premier "Dimebag Doug(brother of Rob Ford)" did not follow the strong recommendation of doctors a while back. Today more restrictions are going to be announced. Maybe curfew...don't know. Most of the new ases are the B.1.1.7 variant.

The field hospital below has been ready since March on the grounds of one of the hospitals in Toronto. Sadly, it may be put to use starting as soon as Monday. ICU triage will probably go in effect as hospitalizations increase.

chaos

#988 Post by chaos » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 am

^ :sad:

How are you feeling? Did you have any side effects from your 1st dose? (My arm was sore and I was pretty tired for a day. I go back again on 4/30.)
How is your mom doing?

Artemis

#989 Post by Artemis » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:16 am

chaos wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 am

How are you feeling? Did you have any side effects from your 1st dose? (My arm was sore and I was pretty tired for a day. I go back again on 4/30.)
How is your mom doing?
Other than tiredness, I didn't have any other side effects either. My next dose until the end of July. My mother is doing well after her shot, same tiredness that we experienced. She's home all the time, only her PSW and I go over.

Glad to hear that you are feeling well too and your next dose is really soon!

chaos

#990 Post by chaos » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:03 am

:wave:

Pandemonium

#991 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Wow, never thought I'd hear about these kind of measures in Canada....

Ontario gives police authority to stop people, vehicles, ask purpose of travel

TORONTO -- The Ontario government is giving police temporary powers to enforce its stay-at-home order and allowing them to stop individuals and vehicles and ask their reasons for leaving their homes.

Solicitor General Sylvia Jones made the announcement Friday afternoon as part of the new measures introduced by Premier Doug Ford's government to stop the further spread of COVID-19.

"We have made the deliberate decision to temporarily enhance police officers' authority for the duration of the stay-at-home order. Moving forward, police will have the authority to require any individual who is not in a place of residence to first provide the purpose for not being at home and provide their home address," Jones said.

It will be effective as of Saturday, Apr. 17.

Jones said the decision was made as some people continue to leave their residences for non-essential reasons. She added the government needs to take action to address non-compliance.

"I cannot stress this enough. It is imperative that everyone limit their trips outside of the home to permitted purposes only, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, medical appointments, outdoor exercise, or for work, that cannot be done remotely," she said.

Those who will not comply will be issued a ticket, Jones said. The province has not provided further details on possible fines, but she said under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, penalties for non-compliance are set at a minimum of $750.

Full article here:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-give ... -1.5390805

Hokahey
Site Admin

#992 Post by Hokahey » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:15 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Wow, never thought I'd hear about these kind of measures in Canada....

Ontario gives police authority to stop people, vehicles, ask purpose of travel

TORONTO -- The Ontario government is giving police temporary powers to enforce its stay-at-home order and allowing them to stop individuals and vehicles and ask their reasons for leaving their homes.

Solicitor General Sylvia Jones made the announcement Friday afternoon as part of the new measures introduced by Premier Doug Ford's government to stop the further spread of COVID-19.

"We have made the deliberate decision to temporarily enhance police officers' authority for the duration of the stay-at-home order. Moving forward, police will have the authority to require any individual who is not in a place of residence to first provide the purpose for not being at home and provide their home address," Jones said.

It will be effective as of Saturday, Apr. 17.

Jones said the decision was made as some people continue to leave their residences for non-essential reasons. She added the government needs to take action to address non-compliance.

"I cannot stress this enough. It is imperative that everyone limit their trips outside of the home to permitted purposes only, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, medical appointments, outdoor exercise, or for work, that cannot be done remotely," she said.

Those who will not comply will be issued a ticket, Jones said. The province has not provided further details on possible fines, but she said under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, penalties for non-compliance are set at a minimum of $750.

Full article here:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-give ... -1.5390805
I mean, the headline sounds much scarier than the reality, at least as it reads.

It sounds like if you're obviously just out and about fucking around the cops can stop you and possibly issue you a ticket.

I remember at the start of this that the lockdowns seemed pretty fucking scary. But it turned out my life was changed fairly little, except losing indoor entertainment, and big family parties. Two of my favorite things. But - being a bit of an introvert already, mostly working from home, shopping mostly online, still getting to run/walk in the park...

kv

#993 Post by kv » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:01 am

Canada is lacking...sucks

guysmiley

#994 Post by guysmiley » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 am

Japan really has no sense of danger. I bet I'll get a vaccine next year at this rate. Even our health care workers aren't even up to 50% vaccinated.

mockbee

#995 Post by mockbee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:31 am

Japan has about 10,000 deaths
USA has about 566,000 deaths.

We are only 3 times the population of Japan.

Maybe that's why they are not concerned. Asia and much of the developing world is pequiliar, hardly effected by COVID.

I think there is way more to comorbidity/general health and BMI than people are aware of.

:noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#996 Post by Hokahey » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:58 pm

mockbee wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:31 am
Japan has about 10,000 deaths
USA has about 566,000 deaths.

We are only 3 times the population of Japan.

Maybe that's why they are not concerned. Asia and much of the developing world is pequiliar, hardly effected by COVID.

I think there is way more to comorbidity/general health and BMI than people are aware of.

This plays a big part in it as well:

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/long- ... ring-japan

The Japanese have been through similar scenarios before. They are not a naive, selfish, society like we are.

kv

#997 Post by kv » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:13 pm

Ding pay the winner

mockbee

#998 Post by mockbee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:53 pm

Guysmiley seems to imply otherwise though.

Sure more dilligent mask wearing yields better results...but I'm betting not different planet results.

Guysmiley, are behaviors drastically different in the last year in public there? I didnt see lots of people wearing masks when in Japan during a non epidemic/pandemic year.
:bored:

guysmiley

#999 Post by guysmiley » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 am

Like 99% of people wear masks here, but not much has changed. A few early closures thus winter for restaurants. But I still see people out partying at night. The subway on my way home is always crammed and packed. It's odd. And yeah, I guess it's the general health of the average population. Not as many fat people....

mockbee

#1000 Post by mockbee » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 am

guysmiley wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:47 am
Like 99% of people wear masks here, but not much has changed. A few early closures thus winter for restaurants. But I still see people out partying at night. The subway on my way home is always crammed and packed. It's odd. And yeah, I guess it's the general health of the average population. Not as many fat people....

Yup.

Must be hard to drink at night with those masks on though, or they party very responsibly with plenty of distance outside.... :lol: :hehe: