Black Sabbath Reunites with Ozzy (again)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Black Sabbath Reunites with Ozzy (again)

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am

Supposedly this time they are going to carry through with recording a new studio album.

chaos

Re: Black Sabbath Reunites with Ozzy (again)

#2 Post by chaos » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:07 am

I had forgotten Ozzy went blonde for a while.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/black-sa ... -reunites/
Props to The Gauntlet for catching this: That site is worth a read, if only for the black metal comic and the video pieces. But, yes, the original lineup of Black Sabbath have reunited; we called this one back in February.
That’s Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, and Bill Ward — who has long said he’d never again take part in such a reunion. Yes, that Black Sabbath has officially reformed and begun rehearsing for an upcoming reunion tour and possible studio album, the site says.

This is huge news, but at the same time, it’s sad news, as it reminds me that Heaven and Hell probably would’ve continued had Ronnie James Dio not passed away. What did those guys have left to do? More solo albums no one cares about? They had no choice but to get back together with Ozzy.

According to Metaltalk.net, Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward came to a decision two weeks ago to go ahead with the reunion, and this morning (August 15), the group convened in a secret rehearsal studio to begin working on a live set — and what will hopefully be a new album.

feathers mcgraw

#3 Post by feathers mcgraw » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:46 am

I didn't really bother with Heaven and Hell, do people think these guys have it in them to write an album that doesn't suck?

Xizen47

#4 Post by Xizen47 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:44 pm

From Tony Iommi
Tony Iommi Comments on Today's Posts:

I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:56 pm

feathers mcgraw wrote:I didn't really bother with Heaven and Hell, do people think these guys have it in them to write an album that doesn't suck?
I caught Heaven and Hell aka Black Sabbath w/Dio when they first reunited a few years ago and it was a surprisingly good show. The 3 new songs they did for the "Best Of Dio" cd and the later full H&H album were pretty mediocre though.

Regarding Ozzy, I think between his aging buffoonery and his cunt of a wife Sharon, it's kind of amazing that Tony Iommi and the rest of the original band would want to go through all that hassle again at this point in their career. In fact, it now sounds like is was not fully worked out yet as Iommi just released a statement saying he had a casual, private conversation with a writer about getting back with Ozzy. The writer sat on the info for several months and for whatever reason went public with it this week, pissing Iommi off.

(edit - and there's that statement from Iommi above!)

Hokahey
Site Admin

#6 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Pandemonium wrote:his cunt of a wife Sharon
Really?

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 pm

hokahey wrote:
Really?
she has kept ozzy alive.

Juana

#8 Post by Juana » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:57 pm

I agree without her he would have died a long time ago

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 am

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Really?
she has kept ozzy alive.
Considering he's her meal ticket, of course she's "kept him alive." What's she going to do if Ozzy left her or died, manage Billy Corgan (oh, wait, that already happened... for a couple days). She's also pushed him repeatedly back on the road long after he's clearly had enough of touring. I won't even go into shit like Sharon having Ozzy's then-current bassist and drummer re-recording tracks on Ozzy's first two classic solo albums just to cheat the original musicians out of money among other things.

Bandit72

#10 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:30 am

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Really?
she has kept ozzy alive.
Considering he's her meal ticket, of course she's "kept him alive."
Agreed. Who's the "talent". Ozzy and Black Sabbath? Or Sharon Osbourne?

Pretty good docu on early Heavy metal if you have a spare hour.

http://documentaryheaven.com/heavy-metal-britannia/

creep
Site Admin

#11 Post by creep » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:33 am

Pandemonium wrote:
creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:
Really?
she has kept ozzy alive.
Considering he's her meal ticket, of course she's "kept him alive." What's she going to do if Ozzy left her or died, manage Billy Corgan (oh, wait, that already happened... for a couple days). She's also pushed him repeatedly back on the road long after he's clearly had enough of touring. I won't even go into shit like Sharon having Ozzy's then-current bassist and drummer re-recording tracks on Ozzy's first two classic solo albums just to cheat the original musicians out of money among other things.
i bet sharon makes more money than ozzy these days.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#12 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 am

I couldn't care less about Sharon Osbourne. I just can't believe after all of the discussion about how that's a word I'd prefer remain off the forums...

I REALLY don't want to be a forum nazi, but I'd really like to see this board devoid of racist, sexist, homophobic stuff.

creep
Site Admin

#13 Post by creep » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm

hokahey wrote:I couldn't care less about Sharon Osbourne. I just can't believe after all of the discussion about how that's a word I'd prefer remain off the forums...

I REALLY don't want to be a forum nazi, but I'd really like to see this board devoid of racist, sexist, homophobic stuff.
:hs:

i think calling a guy a cunt is acceptable
i think calling someone gay or a homo is acceptable :ele:

calling a girl a cunt or a bitch or calling someone a fag is probably not acceptable :noclue:

Xizen47

#14 Post by Xizen47 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 pm

so what words would be acceptable for cunts and bitches?

feathers mcgraw

#15 Post by feathers mcgraw » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Xizen47 wrote:so what words would be acceptable for cunts and bitches?
Cabbages and bananas.

e.g. His cabbage of a wife, Sharon.

or,

Ozzy Osbourne is married to a total banana. :banana:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#16 Post by Hokahey » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 pm

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:I couldn't care less about Sharon Osbourne. I just can't believe after all of the discussion about how that's a word I'd prefer remain off the forums...

:hs:

i think calling a guy a cunt is acceptable
i think calling someone gay or a homo is acceptable :ele:

calling a girl a cunt or a bitch or calling someone a fag is probably not acceptable :noclue:
Sounds about right.

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:25 pm

You gotta be fuckin' kidding me.

"Cunt" is neither a racist or homophobic slur and in some countries like the UK, depending on it's use, it's hardly even a sexist/gender specific slur.

"Cunt" Noun.
1. The female genitals.
2. Women from a sexual viewpoint. Offensive.
3. A despicable person. Derog. and coarse, and with its associated meanings is consequently particularly offensive (Sharon Osbourne).
4. A very familiar term of address. E.g."Hello you old cunt, how are you? You're looking well."
5. A difficult thing or task. E.g."I'm not offering to help him move house, he's got a piano and it'll be a cunt of a job to shift it."
Exclam. An exclamation of anger, surprise, frustration, disappointment.

creep
Site Admin

#18 Post by creep » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:34 pm

i always use the third definition of every word i use.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#19 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:28 am

Pandemonium wrote:

You gotta be fuckin' kidding me.

"Cunt" is neither a racist or homophobic slur and in some countries like the UK, depending on it's use, it's hardly even a sexist/gender specific slur.

"Cunt" Noun.
1. The female genitals.
3. A despicable person. Derog. and coarse, and with its associated meanings is consequently particularly offensive (Sharon Osbourne).
4. A very familiar term of address. E.g."Hello you old cunt, how are you? You're looking well."
5. A difficult thing or task. E.g."I'm not offering to help him move house, he's got a piano and it'll be a cunt of a job to shift it."
Exclam. An exclamation of anger, surprise, frustration, disappointment.
No. I'm not kidding. Many women are highly offended by it. Maybe it's a midwest thing, but on the scale of offensive words it ranks up there with "faggot" and "nigger" with women, two other words I don't see serving much of a purpose here.

cashinnowperry

#20 Post by cashinnowperry » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:52 am

Using "the C word" never ends well. At least not on Jane's Addiction forums.

Tyler Durden

#21 Post by Tyler Durden » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:28 pm

I dont pay attention to Sharon Osbourne...but after Randy Rhoads died, I'd say if it wasn't for her, Ozzy wouldn't have had a career...and probably would have ended up dead.

Pandemonium

#22 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Well, I'm not purposely going to go out of my way to offend anyone here and I'm not going to waste anyone's time continuing this debate.

Pure Method

#23 Post by Pure Method » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:52 pm

that's about all we can ask of each other. ANR's golden rule:
Pandemonium wrote:Well, I'm not purposely going to go out of my way to offend anyone here and I'm not going to waste anyone's time continuing this debate.

lollapaloser

#24 Post by lollapaloser » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:01 am

A lot of Irish people use that word very freely. My grandmother wasn't even offended by it, she thought it was funny, as does my aunt who is a prude. I can't even read that word without thinking of it pronounced in an Irish accent. I always just considered it in the same way nudity offends people here, but not so much in Europe. Some people definitely find it extremely offensive though. Kind of an interesting dichotomy.

chaos

#25 Post by chaos » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/fe ... CMP=twt_fd
Black Sabbath to continue reunion without Bill Ward
Metal legends dismiss drummer's complaints over 'unsignable' contract, saying their comeback will carry on without him

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Monday 6 February 2012 04.59 EST

Black Sabbath's comeback will take place without Bill Ward. The metal legends have announced they are moving on without their original drummer, dismissing his complaints about the terms of their reunion.

In a statement on their website, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi hardly seemed sympathetic to Ward's grievances. "We were saddened to hear via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current [plans]," they wrote. "We have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open."

Though the specifics of the dispute have not been revealed, Ward has emphasised his interest in and commitment to the group – he simply has issues with the contract. "My position is not greed-driven," Ward wrote on Thursday. "I'm not holding out for a 'big piece' of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal … [just] a signable contract … that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band."

Fans have been vocal in their respect for Ward's decision. "Your support from across the world has given me further strength and hope for a positive resolve," Ward wrote on Saturday . "I have been moved and overwhelmed by the thousands of messages. I love you all."

Meanwhile, Osbourne, Butler and Iommi have begun writing and recording their first album in 34 years. They are currently based in England, where Iommi is receiving treatment for cancer. Black Sabbath still plan to launch a world tour in May, including an appearance at June's Download festival. But it seems they will do so without Ward – who played on 10 of the band's first 11 albums.