Feb 25 Columbus OH

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
Suckerpunch

Re: Columbus 2/25

#26 Post by Suckerpunch » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:13 am

Six7six7 - you're smart!

Everyone else - I agree, NINJA was way better. The set last night had it's moments but it lacked flow big time. I realize it may be overstated but I seriously could do without etty's background vox and overall participation. Other than that the stage and props were actually pretty cool.

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Feb 25 Columbus OH

#27 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 am

Warped wrote:
hokahey wrote:Trust me Creep, you dont want that level of access to these people if you want to be able to still enjoy the music.
:lol: Thank god i never met any of my fave musicians in person.
Theyre very nice to meet, but disappointing to know.

Pandemonium

#28 Post by Pandemonium » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:45 am

Suckerpunch wrote:Six7six7 - you're smart!

Everyone else - I agree, NINJA was way better. The set last night had it's moments but it lacked flow big time. I realize it may be overstated but I seriously could do without etty's background vox and overall participation. Other than that the stage and props were actually pretty cool.
Which song(s) is she singing on?

SR

#29 Post by SR » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 am

Very pleased for ragdoll :banana:

I dunno, but I loved the intro to Jane Says....seemed very vintage and true to the old days.....not sure about the song as I didn't lsiten past it.

Btw, isn't yr boyfriend jealous?

ragdoll

#30 Post by ragdoll » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 am

SR wrote:Very pleased for ragdoll :banana:
thank you:))

SR wrote:Btw, isn't yr boyfriend jealous?
yes the night ended for me by him telling me I looked like a whore with red lipstick :boobs: this was his last Jane's show! :idea: :nod:

creep
Site Admin

#31 Post by creep » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 am

ragdoll wrote:
yes the night ended for me by him telling me I looked like a whore with red lipstick :boobs: this was his last Jane's show! :idea: :nod:
i was going to ask if he went. did he have the same access that you did? if not he must of had a hard time with that.

SR

#32 Post by SR » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:52 am

I was joking...sorry it's real. :heart:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#33 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:12 am

ragdoll wrote:

What a dick.

Warped

#34 Post by Warped » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 am

ragdoll wrote:

Glad you had fun girl - that is all that matters. :thumb: It's good that you do your thing regardless of his ridiculous and embarrassing comments.

Suckerpunch

#35 Post by Suckerpunch » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Suckerpunch wrote:Six7six7 - you're smart!

Which song(s) is she singing on?
Irresistible Force and Words.

esqfool

#36 Post by esqfool » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Suckerpunch, you hit on what I felt, the flow of the setlist was very disjointed. I'd have probably thought it was a killer show if they lumped all the TGEA stuff together at the beginning. Glad to see you guys enjoyed it. I'll never understand why they can warm up with shit like Had A Dad but never play it.

Larry B.

#37 Post by Larry B. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Leto wrote:11-i will always love you
12-man in the mirror
:lol: :lol: :lol:

farrellgirl99

#38 Post by farrellgirl99 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 pm

from eric's twitter :lol:
i wasnt actually...oh nevermind. RT @Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery So wonderful to see you play in columbus you are beautiful all around :-)

Hokahey
Site Admin

#39 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:from eric's twitter :lol:
i wasnt actually...oh nevermind. RT @Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery So wonderful to see you play in columbus you are beautiful all around :-)

Kind of goes to show you how much probably 75% of the people at these shows give a shit about Eric abstaining from janes and his reasons why.

chaos

#40 Post by chaos » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:15 pm

That is pretty funny. :lol:

JOEinPHX

#41 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 pm

hokahey wrote:

Kind of goes to show you how much probably 75% of the people at these shows give a shit about Eric abstaining from janes and his reasons why.
I think it just goes to show that 75% of people at shows are the assholes who see the band name, remember the 3 radio hits they know, and buy tickets for them and their friends to have a reason to drink beer.

thoreau

#42 Post by thoreau » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Haha, it sometimes makes me really wonder how many of us really pay attention to what goes on with Jane's.

thoreau

#43 Post by thoreau » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:

I think it just goes to show that 75% of people at shows are the assholes who see the band name, remember the 3 radio hits they know, and buy tickets for them and their friends to have a reason to drink beer.
I don't think I'd say 75%, but I'd say I agree with a good bit of attendees.

Those are a large amount of concert-goers in general nowadays.

creep
Site Admin

#44 Post by creep » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:

what's wrong with that? sounds fun.

JOEinPHX

#45 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:

what's wrong with that? sounds fun.
It's amateur.

As someone who has hopped planes to see a band just to get back on another plane the next day, it bugs me at people's lack of passion for live music. It's not about hanging out with your friends and it's not about getting bombed, it's about that moment where the hair on your arm stands on end and you close you eyes and start seeing colors.

kv

#46 Post by kv » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 pm

no at this point janes is about getting drunk and thinking chaney is avery

JOEinPHX

#47 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:18 pm

kv wrote:no at this point janes is about getting drunk and thinking chaney is avery
haha i would agree if this was the Strays tour.

Avery came back. We have a choice now.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#48 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh spare me. This sounds like the pretentious bullshit of people that would do something like a panic circle. Oh wait...

Live music can be a lot of things. Im all about those transcendent moments of a live show that change the way you see the world, but I can appreciate the full spectrum of experiences. It cant and shouldnt all be the last few chords of Hurt where the bird drops down on the screen behind Trent. Sometimes its about getting drunk and breaking shit. Sometimes its about dancing your ass off.

And let me add, especially with time to digest it, Janes is putting on a pretty good show right now and deserve credit for it and the set list. No I didnt feel like they changed my life but im also 32 and not an emo kid lighting candels in my bedroom and cutting myself to music. This is a reasonably well aged Janes for reasonably well aged fans.

JOEinPHX

#49 Post by JOEinPHX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:44 pm

There are plenty of bands outplaying Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails these days.

The best show I have ever seen was a Sigur Ros show. Small on the heavy, big on the emotion.

I'm not saying getting drunk at a show isn't fun, i'm just saying that if that's what you're going there for... you're shorting yourself an experience. If it suddenly becomes apparent it's going to be mediocre, then by all means indulge the rest of your senses. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#50 Post by Hokahey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:There are plenty of bands outplaying Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails these days.

The best show I have ever seen was a Sigur Ros show. Small on the heavy, big on the emotion.

I'm not saying getting drunk at a show isn't fun, i'm just saying that if that's what you're going there for... you're shorting yourself an experience. If it suddenly becomes apparent it's going to be mediocre, then by all means indulge the rest of your senses. :noclue:

In all seriousness, I think we're probably not far apart on our live show desires, but the older I get the less I expect those moments and the less I find them. I honestly believe that's primarily the domain of a younger man, and those hair raising experiences are now more often found in the work of a street musician or an old jazz record than a live rock band.