Feb 25 Columbus OH

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
Warped

Re: Feb 25 Columbus OH

#51 Post by Warped » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
It's amateur.

As someone who has hopped planes to see a band just to get back on another plane the next day, it bugs me at people's lack of passion for live music. It's not about hanging out with your friends and it's not about getting bombed, it's about that moment where the hair on your arm stands on end and you close you eyes and start seeing colors.
I agree with that. Nothing beats going to see a band playing live right in your face. Nowadays i don't have much options to go to see someone play live as i have a kid to take care of and it is not easy to get someone to look after it when you want to go on a gig on weekdays. So i miss a lot of gigs due to that but that is okay. Second: Bands i like normally don't play in Germany or anywhere nearby. Festivals are a no go for me too. So if i ever have a chance to go it is a very big deal for me...still. :rockon:
Next month i am going to see Bonamassa play. And it will be one good night i am sure. And i am sure there will be a lot of dickheads sitting in their chair without moving the whole show...but not me. :lol:

Romeo

#52 Post by Romeo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:46 am

kv wrote:no at this point janes is about getting drunk and thinking chaney is avery
I don't think I have ever been that drunk in my life :drink:

Ok maybe once.

LJF

#53 Post by LJF » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

kv wrote:no at this point janes is about getting drunk and thinking chaney is avery

That's what she said.

Sorry couldn't resist, it just screamed for that to be written.

imail724

#54 Post by imail724 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm going to the show on Sunday and was wondering what time Jane's goes on. Show starts at 8, what time will Jane's be on stage?

creep
Site Admin

#55 Post by creep » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:20 pm

imail724 wrote:I'm going to the show on Sunday and was wondering what time Jane's goes on. Show starts at 8, what time will Jane's be on stage?
so far i think between 9-9:30

Hokahey
Site Admin

#56 Post by Hokahey » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:25 pm

creep wrote:
imail724 wrote:I'm going to the show on Sunday and was wondering what time Jane's goes on. Show starts at 8, what time will Jane's be on stage?
so far i think between 9-9:30
Correct.

imail724

#57 Post by imail724 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks!

sinep

#58 Post by sinep » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm

creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:from eric's twitter :lol:
i wasnt actually...oh nevermind. RT @Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery So wonderful to see you play in columbus you are beautiful all around :-)

Kind of goes to show you how much probably 75% of the people at these shows give a shit about Eric abstaining from janes and his reasons why.
I think it just goes to show that 75% of people at shows are the assholes who see the band name, remember the 3 radio hits they know, and buy tickets for them and their friends to have a reason to drink beer.
what's wrong with that? sounds fun.
the only way i'd ever see jane's addiction again is if i were with friends and was getting shit faced.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#59 Post by Hokahey » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 pm

sinep wrote:
creep wrote:
Six7Six7 wrote:
hokahey wrote:
farrellgirl99 wrote:from eric's twitter :lol:
i wasnt actually...oh nevermind. RT @Nayrb_Shannon: @ericavery So wonderful to see you play in columbus you are beautiful all around :-)

Kind of goes to show you how much probably 75% of the people at these shows give a shit about Eric abstaining from janes and his reasons why.
I think it just goes to show that 75% of people at shows are the assholes who see the band name, remember the 3 radio hits they know, and buy tickets for them and their friends to have a reason to drink beer.
what's wrong with that? sounds fun.
the only way i'd ever see jane's addiction again is if i were with friends and was getting shit faced.

It's amazing how much things change.

I remember in late 2000 someone named Frank posting a thread at 1% titled "Jane's Addiction to Reunite."

The place went nuts. I'm not sure I've ever been more excited about something unrelated to family/friends (real life stuff).

I can't believe that post was only 3 years after Relapse, 9 years after their last show as the original incarnation. Heck, it's been almost 9 years since Strays.