Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Your favorite "Eric and Handsome Mike" encounters

#101 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Don't feel bad cause Hoka decided to be a Richard about it...
I have a fair amount of class...
You came in calling me a dick without me saying a word to you. Classy.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#102 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

kv wrote:hoka off the deep end...you can bash sonny but looks like someone else has some pent up rage they should have let go a year ago....
If you don't see Sonny being his typical smug self regarding what we've done here then so be it. I see the same words he has written all along that were once met with rebuke. If your feelings have changed regarding Sonny's attitude towards this board that's great. But I see the same negativity, and I responded in kind.

Essence politely called me a dick, sticking up for Sonny (per usual), and I responded in kind.

When behaviors remain unchanged from years ago, I respond accordingly.

Essence_Smith

#103 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 am

hokahey wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Don't feel bad cause Hoka decided to be a Richard about it...
I said a "fair" amount...I am still a New York guy and I call it as I see...take the high road when you can...I WAS being polite...now I'll just say you were being a dick...we can all agree to disagree without being that way with one another I think.
kv wrote:hoka off the deep end...you can bash sonny but looks like someone else has some pent up rage they should have let go a year ago....
I think they're BOTH acting like bitter kids about this...and I get it...but I think enough time has passed where we can acknowledge the past without living in it...Larry doesn't like me and neither does Jasper and others I'm sure...and I'll still reference it from time to time but I'll be damned if my posts make it look like I'm still mad about it...there aren't too many here I have issues with, and we're all supposed to be older and smarter...
Last edited by Essence_Smith on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#104 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:40 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
hokahey wrote:
I said a "fair" amount...I am still a New York guy and I call it as I see...take the high road when you can...I WAS being polite...now I'll just say you were being a dick...we can all agree to disagree without being that way with one another I think...
I think they're BOTH acting like bitter kids about this...and I get it...but I think enough time has passed where we can acknowledge the past without living in it...Larry doesn't like me and neither does Jasper and others I'm sure...and I'll still reference it from time to time but I'll be damned if my posts make it look like I'm still mad about it...there aren't too many here I have issues with, and we're all supposed to be older and smarter...
Fair enough.

kv

#105 Post by kv » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 am

yep agree with ya ES, both hoka and sonny are acting like children...hurt children ( btw i see now why sonny won't post on the reg)

who wants hugs?

:gh:

JOEinPHX

#106 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:29 am

hokahey wrote:
If you don't see Sonny being his typical smug self regarding what we've done here then so be it.
He really was, to be fair.

the whole "[this board is] about what i thought it would be" seemed a bit strange to me considering his prediction was that we would implode within weeks, and yet here we are a year+ later functioning with very few issues amongst the members that aren't worked out within a day or 2.

So sorry sonny, but it's NOT what you thought it would be. At all.

bman

#107 Post by bman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:41 am

The whole 'drama' at the end of Xiola.org was ridiculous! Please. What are we children! Sonny acted like he had the Keys to the city or something, and that he was the only one that could provide the space that we all needed. It was funny really.

Essence_Smith

#108 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:43 am

People were acting like complete assholes towards the end of xiola...every other post in the JA news section was some "new" person questioning the whole bash JA vibe and some old person calling them a troll and going over the top...I won't mention any names but a number of people adopted the "this is our house" attitude and it got really retarded...forget Cona and his whole 100+ page pity party which we ALL took part in...it was really outta hand imo...the way people conduct themselves here is 100 times better...

Romeo

#109 Post by Romeo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:13 pm

:box:

perkana

#110 Post by perkana » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:50 pm

I liked Cona :lol:
I think it's time to get a beer and forget about all this crap.

Essence_Smith

#111 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:27 pm

perkana wrote:I liked Cona :lol:
I think it's time to get a beer and forget about all this crap.
I liked Cona the few times I met him in person; very outgoing and seemed pretty damn comfortable with himself...his online "personality" sucked...I agree...and since kv was offering hugs, I'll take one of those from you... :love:

perkana

#112 Post by perkana » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:35 pm

:kiss:

Larry B.

#113 Post by Larry B. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:00 pm

kv wrote:btw i see now why sonny won't post on the reg
Sometimes, I also make mistakes and type 'reg' when I mean 'rag'.

Juana

#114 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:19 pm

I have honestly never really had an issue with anyone on these boards, mods or otherwise.

Tyler Durden

#115 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:21 pm

bman wrote:I honestly don't give a fuck who runs the site. I come to this one b/c it's active. Mike's site is not active at all to say the least. I've been posting on Jane's sites since 2000. If this one has a meltdown, I'll move on to the next one. Xiola.org was great but who the fuck cares. It's just a site and outside of 20 people, not one person will ever remember it or give a shit about it!
THIS.

Outside of xiola/ANR, I've never seen a music message board where there's so much obsessing over who the admins are. I don't give a fuck.

creep
Site Admin

#116 Post by creep » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 pm

i'm not sure how people even find this place. if you google "jane's addiction" this site is no where to be found. if you google "etty farrell bitch" or "etty farrell cunt" this site comes up on the first page.

that's ok. this isn't the place for new fans of the band. they probably wouldn't understand the things said about the band here. this place will die eventually just like the band. i can't see us coming here when we are 60yrs old bitching about the new perryetty christmas album.

Romeo

#117 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm

perryetty christmas album :lolol: :ele:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#118 Post by Hokahey » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm

creep wrote: i can't see us coming here when we are 60yrs old bitching about the new perryetty christmas album.
Through new technology or just stubborn old habits I'd imagine we have another 10 years left in us. :lol:

I mean, it's not like we're a bunch of kids now, or that Jane's is really doing anything worth talking about.

Also -

One of the main components of getting high up in a Google search for something with as many results as "Jane's Addiction" is how many other sites link to yours.

Tyler Durden

#119 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 pm

creep wrote: i can't see us coming here when we are 60yrs old bitching about the new perryetty christmas album.
The PerryEtty Christmas album will be along much sooner than that...2015 at the latest.

chaos

#120 Post by chaos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:59 pm

No, but we will come here to talk about deodorant, cruelty free shampoo, lunch, etc, as well as to have occasional meltdowns followed by the community analyses of said meltdowns. :lol: :banana:

Romeo

#121 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 pm

chaos wrote:
No, but we will come here to talk about deodorant, cruelty free shampoo, lunch, etc, as well as to have occasional meltdowns followed by the community analyses of said meltdowns. :lol: :banana:
and bman coming on to state the PerryEtty Christmas show was the best ever.

:hehe: :wink:

trevor ayer

#122 Post by trevor ayer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm

I got nothing bad to say about Eric and Handsome Mike. I go there if I am feeling especially excited about Jane's Addiction. I go here if I want to complain about them. It is a nice option. Sonny has the trading cred of a shit like Feek. I gave him something rare and he would not return the favor. He was a real Eric ass kisser too, so my opinion about how Eric was as much of a douche as the rest of Jane's, pissed him off at the time. If I posted my own thread it got deleted at Xiola. Even so I think he is a little more reasonable with his critiques and I was not invested enough to pay much attention to all the drama. I do agree with Sonny about the whole point of these forums. I come here mostly to read about Jane's Addiction. If something even mildly amusing occurs in the Jane's world ANR / Xiola would have it posted. I don't care about the other topics, but it's fun to look around when Jane's news is slow. I enjoy Sonny's perspective more than some of the posters around here. I think he is less likely to have a pissing match than most. I wouldn't bother if there was no Jane's news here. Jane's Addiction will always have fans because those first 3 records are classic. Plus the PFP is just as good. Even tho Page / Plant material is week, people still get into Zep, so I am sure another generation will come around. I totally appreciate Creep and Hoka keeping this going, even if it is a pain in the ass sometimes.

cricket_bows

#123 Post by cricket_bows » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
The PerryEtty Christmas album will be along much sooner than that...2015 at the latest.
From your lips to God's ears.

JOEinPHX

#124 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Someone.... oh god.... please someone tweet Perry and ask for a christmas album.

He'll do it! He'll totally do it! :lol:

MYXYLPLYX

#125 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:00 pm

:confused:

But... he's Jewish?