Archive of my temporary Xiola replacement board

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Deconstruction

Archive of my temporary Xiola replacement board

#1 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I have re-directed the people on my temporary Jane's Addiction/Xiola replacement discussion board here so we can keep everybody together here at AintNoRight. I have kept all of the threads available to read though in case anybody ever gets nostalgic and wants to see the immediate aftermath of Sonny closing Xiola. Here's the archive:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/janesaddict ... howforum=1

kv

Re: Archive of my temporary Xiola replacement board

#2 Post by kv » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 pm

thanks alot for having it up so quick man

Deconstruction

#3 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 pm

k-v wrote:thanks alot for having it up so quick man
It kept me up late but with the way the internet works I knew I had to act quickly so people knew what was up.

Pillar Girl

#4 Post by Pillar Girl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 pm

thanks for the new forums :) wasn't totally surprised about Sonny pulling the plug, maybe we can throw
out an appreciation thread sometime so at least he knows we did appreciate what he has done over the years.

~Pilla

Deconstruction

#5 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Pillar Girl wrote:thanks for the new forums :) wasn't totally surprised about Sonny pulling the plug, maybe we can throw
out an appreciation thread sometime so at least he knows we did appreciate what he has done over the years.

~Pilla
Yeah I appreciate what Sonny has done with the site, I just don't appreciate how he has handled ending it.

Pillar Girl

#6 Post by Pillar Girl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 pm

i agree it was sudden, but hey at least we live in the day & age to keep the community going.

~Pilla

Deconstruction

#7 Post by Deconstruction » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Pillar Girl wrote:i agree it was sudden, but hey at least we live in the day & age to keep the community going.

~Pilla
Yep, my biggest fear was we wouldn't be able to figure out a way to contact each other but fortunately many of us have, and now we've got this place to continue the community.

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 am

To all of you who kept this community alive, thanks from this side of the Atlantic :3some: (In a non gay way)

guysmiley

#9 Post by guysmiley » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:30 am

Bandit72 wrote:To all of you who kept this community alive, thanks from this side of the Atlantic :3some: (In a non gay way)
That icon is very gay. So weird. :3some: :lol:

ant

#10 Post by ant » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks Decon!

drifter

#11 Post by drifter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:55 pm

why havent ya'll linked on Wikipedia yet? if i was lost, that's the first place id look for ya :nod:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#12 Post by Hokahey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:42 pm

drifter wrote:why havent ya'll linked on Wikipedia yet? if i was lost, that's the first place id look for ya :nod:
Hadnt thought of that. Anyone up to helping? Im on my phone. People keep in mind we've only been up a few days and im swamped at work right now so im working a ton of OT, then its the gym, then dinner, then put the put the boy to bed, and by then im exhausted. All major major updates and work will be weekend endeavors.

drifter

#13 Post by drifter » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:20 am

hokahey wrote:
drifter wrote:why havent ya'll linked on Wikipedia yet? if i was lost, that's the first place id look for ya :nod:
Hadnt thought of that. Anyone up to helping? Im on my phone. People keep in mind we've only been up a few days and im swamped at work right now so im working a ton of OT, then its the gym, then dinner, then put the put the boy to bed, and by then im exhausted. All major major updates and work will be weekend endeavors.
i added alittle somethingsomething at the bottom of the j.a.Wikipedia page. i dont have a way with words so someone might want to change it. hopefully we'll catch some friends with it :thumb:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane%27s_Addiction

edit: i cant believe someone already took it off. well we will just have to put it back up again i guess

Hokahey
Site Admin

#14 Post by Hokahey » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:36 am

drifter wrote:
hokahey wrote:
i added alittle somethingsomething at the bottom of the j.a.Wikipedia page. i dont have a way with words so someone might want to change it. hopefully we'll catch some friends with it :thumb:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane%27s_Addiction

edit: i cant believe someone already took it off. well we will just have to put it back up again i guess
I guarantee Mike is watching it like a hawk.

Larry B.

#15 Post by Larry B. » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:05 am

But they didn't remove something else... check out the list of former members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane%27s_A ... er_members

Hokahey
Site Admin

#16 Post by Hokahey » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 am

Wikipedia editors generally don't allow fan sites to be linked to. Maybe that's it.

CaseyContrarian

#17 Post by CaseyContrarian » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Very appreciative of Decon and Hoka for keeping the band together. Glad to see so many familiar faces, even if I'd spent most of my Xiola time lurking. That won't be the case here, for better or worse. :aoa: