Ray Donovan

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Ray Donovan

#1 Post by chaos » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:39 pm

I was going to post this in the Ray Donovan thread but I can't find it.

The short piece below is about the actor who plays Ray Donovan. He has a girlfriend 39 years his junior. I know they are both adults, but it bothers me. :oldtimer: I'm sure it will not end well.

Btw - I don't care for the show (only watched the first two).

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/ray-donovan-s ... 00009.html

Ray Donovan' Star Steven Bauer, 57, Steps Out With 18-Year-Old Girlfriend
By Antoinette Bueno
9 hours ago

... Seriously?!

Age ain't nothing but a number?

Ray Donovan star Steven Bauer, 57, confirmed it's still very much on with 18-year-old girlfriend Lyda Loudon, taking out the much younger gal to lunch at vegan eatery SunCafe in Studio City, Calif. on Wednesday.

The pair made their public debut at the Magic in the Moonlight premiere in July, when they walked the red carpet together. The movie perhaps mirrored real-life, as the Woody Allen film features a romantic relationship between Emma Stone, 25, and a much older Colin Firth, 54.

According to her Twitter, Loudon is a "part-time nightmare-inspirer, journalist, host of Sarcasm Overdose, ceo, film/music/cigar/espresso addict." She's also the daughter of former Missouri State Senator John Loudon and his wife, conservative radio show host Dr. Gina.

Bauer, who also starred in 1983's Scarface opposite Al Pacino, was previously married to Melanie Griffith but divorced in 1987 after five years of marriage. The two have a son together, Alexander, who's 10 years older than Loudon. He later married another two times, both relationships eventually ending up in divorce.

With their 39-year age difference, is this the most surprising couple in Hollywood?!

Essence_Smith

Re: Ray Donovan

#2 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:51 pm

If that was one of my girls Ray Donovan wouldn't have another season...usually I'm pretty open minded when it comes to this kinda thing but that shit is CRAZY...I dated a number of women around 15-20 years older in my early 20's and as sensible as I felt I was we both knew we had NOTHING in common...you're just so far away from each other in terms of where you are in life. I don't care how mature you are 18 is pretty much a child imo...

That being said my dad always was with women 10-15 years younger...my mom was like 24 and he was 38-39...and that dude is aging better than anyone I've ever known...my man still ha a six pack well into his 70's... :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:55 pm

the show is great.....and that guy does not play ray donovan. he has a much smaller part as guy that works for ray. liev schreiber playes ray donovan and he is married to the lovely naomi watts who is a year younger. :wave:

chaos

#4 Post by chaos » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:01 pm

creep wrote:the show is great.....and that guy does not play ray donovan. he has a much smaller part as guy that works for ray. liev schreiber playes ray donovan and he is married to the lovely naomi watts who is a year younger. :wave:

My bad.

I see a slight resemblance though. :lol:

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:04 pm

chaos wrote:
creep wrote:the show is great.....and that guy does not play ray donovan. he has a much smaller part as guy that works for ray. liev schreiber playes ray donovan and he is married to the lovely naomi watts who is a year younger. :wave:

My bad.

I see a slight resemblance though. :lol:
well the article called him the star of ray donovan so i'm sure many made that assumption....and they do look alike.

Artemis

#6 Post by Artemis » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:20 pm

I really like Ray Donovan. It took me a few episodes to get into it. I think this season is better than the first. The last couple of episodes have been pretty intense.

guysmiley

#7 Post by guysmiley » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Who are all these people? I think I'm glad I have no clue who any of these people are.

JOEinPHX

#8 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:59 pm

I fucking LOVE Ray Donovan.

But Abby Donovan needs to die. She is the Skyler White of this show and I can't stand her.

kv

#9 Post by kv » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:38 am

Artemis wrote:I really like Ray Donovan. It took me a few episodes to get into it. I think this season is better than the first. The last couple of episodes have been pretty intense.
i think exactly the opposite, last season for me was much better...still love it though...

Essence_Smith

#10 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:45 pm

I did a fair bit of legal work for this show and leading it up to we were all excited...when we saw the pilot you shoulda seen jaws dropping around here... :lol:

I couldn't get past the first 2 eps. the scenes with the little boys and the priests... :jasper: :no:

Back on topic, that shit is nasty...if the girl was at least in her mid 20's, but jesus... :scared:

Even scarier she helped found the "Tea Party Youth"... :jasper: :jasper: :jasper:

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:29 pm

did the character development episodes really turn you off? Wow. Do you ever make it past the 2nd episode of a television show?

Essence_Smith

#12 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:did the character development episodes really turn you off? Wow. Do you ever make it past the 2nd episode of a television show?
:eyes:
The subject matter in particular, not the characters themselves turned me off...not all shows have scenes where child molestation is implied as part of the "character development"...I'm glad you like the show, my department works hard on it and gets paid in some small part because it's doing well... :wave:

JOEinPHX

#13 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:47 pm

What do you watch if implied anything bothers you?

Essence_Smith

#14 Post by Essence_Smith » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:What do you watch if implied anything bothers you?
I don't watch a lot of TV...I did get onto Game of Thrones last season and I like it for the most part, Sons of Anarchy and I pretty watched those because I started selling merchandise related to the show...oh and I like Arrow as well...but pretty much most TV shows I look at as pretty silly, with a lot of over the top stuff I could live with out seeing... I get why people like Ray Donovan and from the 2 episodes I saw I know its a strong show, just didn't do anything for me and that aspect was a turn off...

Hype

#15 Post by Hype » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:43 am

That is probably too young. It's not the age difference that makes it potentially wrong, I think. The problem is that 18 year old girls are, though legal, just not even in the same realm... I teach kids that age, and while yeah, they can be attractive physically, there's nothing else to make up for it, unless you have a weird father-fetish thing (which probably isn't healthy)... almost by definition, the relationship can't be a relationship of equals... and I think that's what makes it almost certainly wrong.

kv

#16 Post by kv » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:07 pm

I would simply say the odds of her being mature enough are incredibly low

Artemis

#17 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Just saw on the Ray Donovan Facebook page Season 3, episode 1 is available now- full episode.

creep
Site Admin

#18 Post by creep » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Artemis wrote:Just saw on the Ray Donovan Facebook page Season 3, episode 1 is available now- full episode.
awesome....

i guess i have something to watch tonight

creep
Site Admin

#19 Post by creep » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:51 pm

after a slow start this season has been pretty decent. some of the story lines i could care less about this season like anything going on with the brothers or the dad and some stuff that has happened you have to suspend belief...like ray getting his brother out of jail after he murdered someone.

after tonight's episode how long will it be before ray kills his daughters teacher?

oh and katie holmes with braces is odd.

Juana

#20 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 pm

creep wrote:after a slow start this season has been pretty decent. some of the story lines i could care less about this season like anything going on with the brothers or the dad and some stuff that has happened you have to suspend belief...like ray getting his brother out of jail after he murdered someone.

after tonight's episode how long will it be before ray kills his daughters teacher?

oh and katie holmes with braces is odd.
Katie Holmes with braces is creepy

Artemis

#21 Post by Artemis » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:09 am

Season 4 starts tomorrow!

JOEinPHX

#22 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:15 pm

Fuck yes.

kv

#23 Post by kv » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:07 pm

It's been such a long wait...stoked

creep
Site Admin

#24 Post by creep » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:03 pm

not off to a great start....

JOEinPHX

#25 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Yeah that was a weird episode.

Funny how it opened to "been sober for 6 months" and ended with him smashed and driving a cop car into a wall. :lol:

That kind of sums him up as a person I think.