What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Message
Author
clickie
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#221 Post by clickie » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:59 am


clickie
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#222 Post by clickie » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:08 am

Hard to believe this is already 20 years old




User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#223 Post by Mescal » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:05 am

clickie wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am
That first cd Cypress Hill put out was a classic. Never got into them after
Their third album, Temples of Boom, is one of the albums I most listened to in my teens.

Never a big hip hop fan, but smoking spliffs, riding my bike and listening to that on my walkman....

Good times.

Seriously, still a great album though. Dj Muggs' beats and samples are excellent.

User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#224 Post by Mescal » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 am

I'm very much into this lp these days.

Not as psychedelic as their other lp's, this rocks hard.

It's the lp Metallica wished they made in the last 25 years.

Also, the clip to Planet B is the coolest I've seen in a long time.

Highly recommended


User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3421
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#225 Post by mockbee » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 am

Back in Black....?


:hehe:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9673
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#226 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm

Mescal wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 am
I'm very much into this lp these days.

Not as psychedelic as their other lp's, this rocks hard.

It's the lp Metallica wished they made in the last 25 years.

Also, the clip to Planet B is the coolest I've seen in a long time.

Highly recommended

We can't see the Youtube.
Must be King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard...I recognized Planet B. I think this band is definitely your cup of tea.
Those guys are great, would love to see them in concert. :rockon:

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9673
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#227 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:34 pm

My new discovery today...from 4AD

Dry Cleaning






User avatar
Mescal
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:23 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#228 Post by Mescal » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Artemis wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm
Mescal wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 am
I'm very much into this lp these days.

Not as psychedelic as their other lp's, this rocks hard.

It's the lp Metallica wished they made in the last 25 years.

Also, the clip to Planet B is the coolest I've seen in a long time.

Highly recommended

We can't see the Youtube.
Must be King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard...I recognized Planet B. I think this band is definitely your cup of tea.
Those guys are great, would love to see them in concert. :rockon:
Yes, King gizzard it is indeed.

Infest the rats nest. Heavier than their other lp's, but really great

clickie
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#229 Post by clickie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:12 pm

Mescal wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:05 am
clickie wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am
That first cd Cypress Hill put out was a classic. Never got into them after
Their third album, Temples of Boom, is one of the albums I most listened to in my teens.

Never a big hip hop fan, but smoking spliffs, riding my bike and listening to that on my walkman....

Good times.

Seriously, still a great album though. Dj Muggs' beats and samples are excellent.

I remember reading about this in The Source magazine in the early 90's but I never really got the full details



clickie
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#230 Post by clickie » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:16 am


User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9673
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#231 Post by Artemis » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 pm








User avatar
Larry B.
Posts: 7308
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am
Location: Santiago

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#232 Post by Larry B. » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:45 pm


User avatar
mockbee
Posts: 3421
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#233 Post by mockbee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:51 am


User avatar
kv
Posts: 8345
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#234 Post by kv » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:17 am

Retro vibes


User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9673
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#235 Post by Artemis » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:08 pm

Digging the new St Vincent so far. Loving the 70s sound, probably because it's familiar and comforting;it was the background music of my childhood. :lol: Lately, I have been revisiting a lot of 70s music so am enjoying this sound for Annie Clark.

I read that the the album was inspired by her father's release from prison recently.

Definitely Bowie and Prince influence...a bit of Madonna and Janelle Monae.
I pre-ordered the new album- cassette, CD, 8-trak. I bought the 8-trak as a novelty but I do have access to a working 8-trak player. As well, I bought a keychain that looks like a 70s motel room key. Some might say a it's a waste of $5USD, but I need a little indulgence.

I enjoyed the SNL performance last night...super backing band.




clickie
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#236 Post by clickie » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 am


clickie
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#237 Post by clickie » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:16 pm


User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9673
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#238 Post by Artemis » Fri May 07, 2021 7:28 pm


User avatar
SR
Posts: 7356
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: What new(can be old band ) music are you digging

#239 Post by SR » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:33 am

Hands down, one of the elite solos of all time...

Post Reply