RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Message
Author
User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am
Location: UK/Italy

Re: RHCP

#881 Post by dannyboy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:36 am

:cool:

I’m really excited!

I lost interest in Chili’s for a bit at stadium Arcadium but I’ve been trying to catch up for the last 2 years!

Also, those Fleavis are freaking awesome. I’ll never ever spend that much on clothes but I’d def buy some cheap fakes!

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#882 Post by SR » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:09 am

Been a fan since a really long time ago, but I think it was in Scar Tissue that AK told the story of opening for the Stones. He hated it citing the instructions not to walk on Mick's custom flooring etc. He also mentioned he hated the crowd as they were all old and wearing overpriced RS pants

User avatar
Diabolik
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: RHCP

#883 Post by Diabolik » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Charlotte date is up on TM for Next September

Strokes opening

On sale OCT 9th

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#884 Post by SR » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 am

July 31, 2022 in LA. I presume Sofi, but don't know. I was a bit surprised that this is a stadium tour. I know they're length of popularity is well sustained, but I didn't think they could sell out stadiums. It appears only one show in each city, so....

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3944
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#885 Post by Matz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:36 am

I was surprised too. This can end up being a bit humiliating for them I guess, if they on average only sell half the tickets or two thirds or something

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9729
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: RHCP

#886 Post by Artemis » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:57 pm

I was hoping for Beck or St Vincent for the Toronto show but it's going to be The Strokes and Thundercat. I'll probably pass...depends on the ticket prices.

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4562
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: RHCP

#887 Post by Hokahey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm

Matz wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:36 am
I was surprised too. This can end up being a bit humiliating for them I guess, if they on average only sell half the tickets or two thirds or something
They aren't playing a lot of dates. So each show will likely draw from multiple markets. I bet they'll do ok.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#888 Post by SR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:39 am

Artemis wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:57 pm
I was hoping for Beck or St Vincent for the Toronto show but it's going to be The Strokes and Thundercat. I'll probably pass...depends on the ticket prices.
The Strokes are a bit of a throwback, but Thundercat is great....just not in a stadium. I think tix are from 70 to 180 or so. I'm gonna pass too unless something special comes up.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#889 Post by SR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:45 am

Hokahey wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm
Matz wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:36 am
I was surprised too. This can end up being a bit humiliating for them I guess, if they on average only sell half the tickets or two thirds or something
They aren't playing a lot of dates. So each show will likely draw from multiple markets. I bet they'll do ok.
We'll see; if I remember correctly they played a couple of shows at Staples with Josh on the last tour (max 3). That would translate into a max of 54k. I think the same was true of the last SA tour with JK, but they played the Forum, which is a bit smaller back then. So, as I see it: 1. A blunder/miscalculation by their team on their appeal 2. I miscalculated their appeal 3. They have SUPREME confidence in the new albums ability to be big.

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am
Location: UK/Italy

Re: RHCP

#890 Post by dannyboy » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 am

I think they’ll sell out really, really quickly, like in minutes. At least here in Europe.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#891 Post by SR » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:42 am

Looks like the first single drops tomorrow.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 9729
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: RHCP

#892 Post by Artemis » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:50 pm

SR wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:39 am
Artemis wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:57 pm
I was hoping for Beck or St Vincent for the Toronto show but it's going to be The Strokes and Thundercat. I'll probably pass...depends on the ticket prices.
The Strokes are a bit of a throwback, but Thundercat is great....just not in a stadium. I think tix are from 70 to 180 or so. I'm gonna pass too unless something special comes up.
Thundercat interests me but not a huge venue. I saw the Strokes when they first came out and they were great live but these days I don't follow what they're doing, so kind of indifferent about seeing them. Same with RHCP, if the other bands on the bill were more to my liking, I'd go. The pricing sounds about right.

Today my province announced that all capacity restrictions are being lifted for events like sports and concerts- indoors and outdoors.

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#893 Post by SR » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:22 am

Yeah, he's a true (with eclectic interests) musician. Played with Kendrick Lamar, Kenny Loggins, Michael McDonald, RHCP, Pharell, Mac Miller, Suicidal Tendencies, Kamasi, etc.


User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3944
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#894 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:02 am

SR wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:42 am
Looks like the first single drops tomorrow.
well, it didn't. I think spring is when it drops

User avatar
Diabolik
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: RHCP

#895 Post by Diabolik » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Ticket prices were as are bananas

350 for pit and 300 for floor seats

Stub hub has front row going for 1200 in NY

As a seasoned New Yorker used to insane prices this even gave me a kick in the balls

That said I’m finally seeing them live with Frusciante. I basically avoided the 2000-2010 tours with him and I sorta had to?

Still prices are insane and it was nuts to see Ticketmaster’s. Dynamic pricing in real time I had a 250 dollar ticket turn into a 380 dollar ticket on check out.
Was glad I could cancel to find something less insane

User avatar
Matz
Posts: 3944
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 am
Location: Denmark

Re: RHCP

#896 Post by Matz » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:47 pm

1200 and 350 to see the 2021 Chili peppers?!? :lol: :lol: fuck, that's nuts I wouldn't go above 50

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4562
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: RHCP

#897 Post by Hokahey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:08 pm

Diabolik wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:46 pm
Ticket prices were as are bananas

350 for pit and 300 for floor seats

Stub hub has front row going for 1200 in NY

As a seasoned New Yorker used to insane prices this even gave me a kick in the balls

That said I’m finally seeing them live with Frusciante. I basically avoided the 2000-2010 tours with him and I sorta had to?

Still prices are insane and it was nuts to see Ticketmaster’s. Dynamic pricing in real time I had a 250 dollar ticket turn into a 380 dollar ticket on check out.
Was glad I could cancel to find something less insane
While I believe the tour will sell ok, I'm not convinced there won't be cheap tickets day before the show. I'll wait.

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am
Location: UK/Italy

Re: RHCP

#898 Post by dannyboy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:00 am

Damn, i promised my 10 year old son I would take him. It’s gonna cost an arm and a leg :yikes:

Unrelated to this tour, Alain Johannes who was in What Is This with Hillel, flea and Jack (and who I’ve only just realized has had a big career in music with QOTSA and Chris Cornell) found some mega old tapes from when they were at school and called Anthym. Pretty damn cool man!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/alain-johannes-anthym

User avatar
SR
Posts: 7394
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: RHCP

#899 Post by SR » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:39 am

dannyboy wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:00 am
Damn, i promised my 10 year old son I would take him. It’s gonna cost an arm and a leg :yikes:

Unrelated to this tour, Alain Johannes who was in What Is This with Hillel, flea and Jack (and who I’ve only just realized has had a big career in music with QOTSA and Chris Cornell) found some mega old tapes from when they were at school and called Anthym. Pretty damn cool man!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/alain-johannes-anthym
All of this is sweet (except the hit to your wallet). I took my kiddo to NINJA...he was 13 I believe. At the time I wanted him to see EA in the band :lol: . He did, and I am glad we went. As for Alain, I had heard of him for years but didn't know of his RHCP connection. That song is rough, but good. I like the author's comparison to Rush and Sabbath.

User avatar
drwintercreeper
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 am

Re: RHCP

#900 Post by drwintercreeper » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Alain is all over Jack Irons’ Attention Dimension, a desert island album for me. He was also in Eleven, which I have not really checked out but know I need to. Alain seems super talented.

Post Reply