Dave

Discussion regarding Jane's Addiction news and associated projects
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Dave

#1 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:42 pm

So there’s been talk about Dave in different posts about the tour, recording, etc; I figured why not make one specific to him and what may be going on right now. Covid? Bereavement? Rehab? Something else?

Here’s his most recent Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChiOpKwvND4 ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Again, I’ve thought he hasn’t looked well for a couple of years. No idea what the deal is, but I hope he is okay.

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4932
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave

#2 Post by Hokahey » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:35 pm

Yeah the whole long covid thing definitely feels like a cover story, and he doesn't look well. Hopefully he just stopped bulking and wearing make up so this is just how that naturally looks for him.

User avatar
Artemis
Posts: 10023
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dave

#3 Post by Artemis » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:47 pm

He's 55. It could just be age is catching up. It doesn't look like he does any "rejuvination" procedures to his face like Perry does.

:noclue:

someguy
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Dave

#4 Post by someguy » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:59 pm

In his post about long Covid he indicated that he’s looking forward to playing shows once he’s better, so I have to imagine he’ll be ready to go for the pumpkins tour.

I think diving into writing with his band mates would be helpful, so I hope he’s doing that remotely at the very least

Noonesshocking
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave

#5 Post by Noonesshocking » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:21 pm

Weird to see him not wearing all black

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dave

#6 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:00 pm

Nice to see him promoting a new season of Inkmaster on social media and saying absolutely nothing about Jane’s Addiction. Seriously, what the fuck is going on?

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#7 Post by clickie » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:20 am

Most of us arent going to pick on Dave, we like the guy.

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dave

#8 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:53 am

clickie wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:20 am
Most of us arent going to pick on Dave, we like the guy.
I love Dave. Just concerned about him; as well as his current relationship with the band.

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#9 Post by clickie » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:01 am

That's cool, his hairdresser told me he checks in here once in a while.

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4932
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave

#10 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:31 am

Who's picking on him?

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#11 Post by clickie » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:50 am

You and Tyler, you say he looks unhealthy I don't see it.

User avatar
kv
Posts: 8589
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: South Bay, SoCal

Re: Dave

#12 Post by kv » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:40 pm

I don't either...he is living healthy now :noclue: I'm in my fifty's I trimmed and leaned down and don't care what anyone thinks anymore too...seems normal...why would he be all amped to come running when perry calls exactly?

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4932
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave

#13 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:20 pm

clickie wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:50 am
You and Tyler, you say he looks unhealthy I don't see it.
That's not picking on someone. That's an honest observation. I'm not going going to be afraid to share my honest observations or opinions about these people.

Hokahey
Site Admin
Posts: 4932
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Dave

#14 Post by Hokahey » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:21 pm

kv wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:40 pm
I don't either...he is living healthy now :noclue: I'm in my fifty's I trimmed and leaned down and don't care what anyone thinks anymore too...seems normal...why would he be all amped to come running when perry calls exactly?
I sincerely hope that's where he's at.

phenobarb_bambalam
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Dave

#15 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:40 am

Not to suggest that social media is a barometer for much, but I find the stuff he has and hasn't been posting increasingly odd. Meaning, I don't believe he's posted a single JA-related thing for months, but I may be wrong with that. Setting aside the fact that he's not been pimping the tour like the others, the fact that he's not said a peep about EA seemingly being back in the fold is strange to me. Perry and Stephen both posted and crossposted EA-related content, both new and vintage. Dave? Crickets. Even if he's not been in the sessions with them, you'd think there might be some acknowledgment...if he's part of the fucking thing. And surely the long covid thing can't be what's gotten in the way of that...he seems to be spending time with plenty of his mates. :noclue:

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dave

#16 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:33 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:40 am
Not to suggest that social media is a barometer for much, but I find the stuff he has and hasn't been posting increasingly odd. Meaning, I don't believe he's posted a single JA-related thing for months, but I may be wrong with that. Setting aside the fact that he's not been pimping the tour like the others, the fact that he's not said a peep about EA seemingly being back in the fold is strange to me. Perry and Stephen both posted and crossposted EA-related content, both new and vintage. Dave? Crickets. Even if he's not been in the sessions with them, you'd think there might be some acknowledgment...if he's part of the fucking thing. And surely the long covid thing can't be what's gotten in the way of that...he seems to be spending time with plenty of his mates. :noclue:
THIS. 💯

User avatar
Tyler Durden
Posts: 1226
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dave

#17 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:46 am

kv wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:40 pm
I don't either...he is living healthy now :noclue: I'm in my fifty's I trimmed and leaned down and don't care what anyone thinks anymore too...seems normal...why would he be all amped to come running when perry calls exactly?
He looks way healthier in the mid 2010s. Seriously, has someone with a physique like Dave’s ever needed to “trim and lean down”? He already was trim and lean. He’s now looking gaunt and unwell.

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#18 Post by clickie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:58 am

I was surprised to see that kv had to trim down. I always pictured him as a skinny guy for some reason.

clickie
Posts: 3653
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Dave

#19 Post by clickie » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:07 am

Glad to hear Ink Master is coming back, that show taught me a lot about how to spot a bad tattoo.

Noonesshocking
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Dave

#20 Post by Noonesshocking » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:25 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:40 am
Not to suggest that social media is a barometer for much, but I find the stuff he has and hasn't been posting increasingly odd. Meaning, I don't believe he's posted a single JA-related thing for months, but I may be wrong with that. Setting aside the fact that he's not been pimping the tour like the others, the fact that he's not said a peep about EA seemingly being back in the fold is strange to me. Perry and Stephen both posted and crossposted EA-related content, both new and vintage. Dave? Crickets. Even if he's not been in the sessions with them, you'd think there might be some acknowledgment...if he's part of the fucking thing. And surely the long covid thing can't be what's gotten in the way of that...he seems to be spending time with plenty of his mates. :noclue:
the one thing he did do last month was tag Eric in a post about how Rush influenced Jane’s. And at the time it seemed odd to me because he was sort of referring to Eric as a current member almost.

Post Reply